So if BB elects to get out of the device market, and it seems they are getting closer by the day, how many more years of CB.com before this place folds?

Don't take this wrong: I think this place is great, but as I read the threads and look at my future with BB devices, it's not looking good right now.
    03-16-16 12:16 PM
    None of us know when it will happen. I will think about it when that day comes.
    03-16-16 03:43 PM
    Exactly 7 more years, so you have some time.

Seriously how is anyone supposed to know the answer to that question? No one knows what the future holds for Blackberry, or CrackBerry.
    anon(4021844) likes this.
    03-16-16 03:45 PM
    There's still an active WebOS forum over there (points ->), though "active" is a relative term.

So I suspect that'll be CB's eventual fate, still around, but visited only by people wanting to relive past BB glories and explore "what might have been" alternative histories. And, as I typed that, I realised that I could equally well be describing CB now! LOL
    jas1978 likes this.
    03-16-16 04:09 PM
    The seminal events are:

1. Removal from the MobileNations masthead as a principal site
    2. Removal from the footer as a link to a MobileNations location
    3. CrackBerry.com skips the article page and links directly to the forum
    03-16-16 04:27 PM
    The seminal events are:

1. Removal from the MobileNations masthead as a principal site
    2. Removal from the footer as a link to a MobileNations location
    3. CrackBerry.com skips the article page and links directly to the forum
    One more, CrackBerry.com 404.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-16-16 04:31 PM
    I have always said you have to adapt to changing times and nothing in life is certain. I am here for the long haul and as I have said many times.

I have made a lot of friends on the CB forums and I am still active in three BBM groups, one of which I have been on for close to three years. The Classic owners group I started a year ago is still going strong.

I can understand some of the loyalist frustrations with what's happening to OS10 and the shrinking market share and the uncertainty of Blackberry and the hardware division.

But I have learned to take the good with the bad and being in the automotive sector I have also learned to adapt to changing times.

For myself, I say life is way to short to worry about stuff we have no control over, so just enjoy life and whatever it gives you, because one day you wake up and it's gone.
    03-16-16 05:08 PM
    It feels like people almost want the site to shut down or something.

All is well people, enjoy it while it lasts.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    03-16-16 05:17 PM
    So even if BB does give up on hardware, they probably wouldn't admit to it for another year. So we get one extra year of debating whether BB is still making hardware.

Then after they finally admit they aren't actually making hardware, we get yet another bonus year where we can complain about the great conspiracy to make websites not work well on the BB10 browser. We can also talk about efforts to root Privs to install Cyanogen mod. And we can have threads claiming that Chen is just playing possum and will return to hardware as soon as he saves up enough cash from IoT services they are about to launch for real this time.

If that weren't enough, we then get a 3rd year where we talk about how BB will rise again if only this or that company would buy BB. We can all hail the new greatest CEO ever that the board just hired. Oh, and we can talk about the good old days.

So we've got 3 years here at least after they stop making hardware I think.
    JeepBB and gebco like this.
    03-16-16 07:05 PM

If that weren't enough, we then get a 3rd year where we talk about how BB will rise again if only this or that company would buy BB. We can all hail the new greatest CEO ever that the board just hired. Oh, and we can talk about the good old days.

The RIMpire will strike back. This time for reals!
    03-16-16 08:40 PM
    Thanks for your input, however I have a 180 degree of your last paragraph and do not agree one bit.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 08:49 PM
    If BlackBerry hardware division folds, then CrackBerry would eventually become a forum for antique cellphones.
    03-16-16 09:18 PM
    One more, CrackBerry.com 404.
    You'd think they'd have 404'd WebOS Nation, then.
    03-17-16 01:12 AM
    You'd think they'd have 404'd WebOS Nation, then.
    Eventually they will both be 404.
    03-17-16 01:36 AM
    I feel worse for BerryFlow. James put so much work into that project and he's kept it going strong in these worst of times. I hope he can transition it into something with more of a future. I know I'll follow whatever work he creates.

Posted via CB10
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    03-17-16 03:16 AM
    So even if BB does give up on hardware, they probably wouldn't admit to it for another year. So we get one extra year of debating whether BB is still making hardware.

Then after they finally admit they aren't actually making hardware, we get yet another bonus year where we can complain about the great conspiracy to make websites not work well on the BB10 browser. We can also talk about efforts to root Privs to install Cyanogen mod. And we can have threads claiming that Chen is just playing possum and will return to hardware as soon as he saves up enough cash from IoT services they are about to launch for real this time.

I'm pretty sure the board won't let Chen go. He's building value where others didn't see any.

Also, I'm guessing a lot of well established CEO types would not want to take on such a risk/challenge. If they are younger they know BlackBerry may turn out to be a mess while they are at the helm and this may limit their future job prospects. If they are older they know that BlackBerry can turn out to be a mess and ruin their legacy right before retirement like it may for Chen.
    03-17-16 06:27 AM
    No, you are discounting the years that diehards will remain discussing mods, hacks, and work-arounds to keep their abandoned BB10 devices working with this, that, and the other thing. I'd add 2 or 3 years to your estimate.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and app_Developer like this.
    03-17-16 08:16 AM
    No, you are discounting the years that diehards will remain discussing mods, hacks, and work-arounds to keep their abandoned BB10 devices working with this, that, and the other thing. I'd add 2 or 3 years to your estimate.

Posted via CB10
    You can add another 3 years to that of people claiming that in the year 2020 that they're BB10 device is better than any other device out there right now, much like some do with the Playbook against modern tablets.
    03-17-16 08:45 AM