Like many others, I'm considering giving Android a try. HOWEVER, if I don't like it and want to come back to BB, what will happen to my existing BIS account? Will it just stay unchanged, or if I switch back will I have to setup all my accounts again, pick a new username@vzw.blackberry.net address, etc?
    11-06-09 03:03 PM
    I don't think that you'd have to setup an entire new username and password, in essence I wouldn't think you'd have to setup a new account, however, there wouldn't be any PIN or device tied to your account, so you'd probably have to re-login, setup your new device, and reset up your e-mail addy. Not really for sure, just making an educated guess...
    11-06-09 06:53 PM
    it goes from BIS to BES, dont know why tho. done it a few times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 07:24 PM
    I dropped the BlackBerry about 6 months ago to save some cash, and just came back a few weeks ago. My BIS account and all my settings were still there when I logged back in. One of the email accounts would't work for some reason, but the rest did.
    11-07-09 07:08 AM
    it depends on whether or not you delete your BIS acct or not, if you drop your data plan, the BIS acct should just suspend, as you cannot access the RIM network anymore. your BIS acct still exists, you just have to call your carrier's tech support dept and have them unsuspend it. if you zero out the PIN/IMEI(or whatever you CDMA types call it), the account suspends. the acct only goes away if you delete it, then the username and device hosted email become usable by another person in about 5 minutes.
    11-07-09 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD