My Blackberry Key 2 contract expires with Vodafone next month. Except for minor mods there have been no new phones announced for two years, Vodafone tel me they are no longer carrying blackberry.
    I tried calling the TCL support number, they have no information.
    This is appalling service and shows disrespect fo clients. I am appalled how a brand such as Blackberry that enjoyed such good customer relations has sunk so low so quickly. I expected far more of blackberry , Could TCL please put us out of our misery .and tell if the blackberry mobile is defunct or not.
    momsthename and Tsepz_GP like this.
    12-24-19 03:56 AM
    Not sure why you are "appalled" at anyone. Companies come and go and its not disrespectful if they go out of business.
    bakron1 likes this.
    12-24-19 04:45 AM
    My Blackberry Key 2 contract expires with Vodafone next month. Except for minor mods there have been no new phones announced for two years, Vodafone tel me they are no longer carrying blackberry.
    This is appalling service and shows disrespect fo clients. I am appalled how a brand such as Blackberry that enjoyed such good customer relations has sunk so low so quickly. I expected far more of blackberry , Could TCL please put us out of our misery .and tell if the blackberry mobile is defunct or not.
    Hey phabellis,

We are all in the same boat as you unfortunately. Most on the forums here are very keen to see a new Blackberry device and there was a "BBJ100" code name found but nothing has materialized yet.

I do not think this is poor on Blackberry side not to release more devices. If it's not financially viable for them to do so, then it's actually better they don't.

Blackberry have been doing very well in other sections of the market like Automotive software. Hopefully we will hear something soon regarding the smartphone roadmap for 2020 and beyond.
    12-24-19 06:05 AM
    Hello and Merry Christmas to all. Keep up to date to any information on the K2 forum section of the site , lots of tips and advice on the phone and talk of no K3 insight and how to check if your device has the ' TCL ' preview app that requires action.
    12-24-19 06:23 AM
    So quickly......?
    12-24-19 07:08 AM
    How would they be able to unload millions of dollars of remaining inventory if they officially announced they threw in the towel?
    12-24-19 07:14 AM
    Hey phabellis,

We are all in the same boat as you unfortunately. Most on the forums here are very keen to see a new Blackberry device and there was a "BBJ100" code name found but nothing has materialized yet.

I do not think this is poor on Blackberry side not to release more devices. If it's not financially viable for them to do so, then it's actually better they don't.

Blackberry have been doing very well in other sections of the market like Automotive software. Hopefully we will hear something soon regarding the smartphone roadmap for 2020 and beyond.
    The BlackBerry doing automotive software does not make phones. BlackBerry Mobile is a separate entity that is part of TCL. So even if a new phone was coming, you probably wouldn't hear it from Waterloo.

Fixed above for clarity.
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 12-24-19 at 08:40 AM.
    12-24-19 07:14 AM
    Hopefully, there is a new phone coming at MWC or in the next few months.
    phuoc likes this.
    12-24-19 07:33 AM
    The BlackBerry doing automotive software does not make phones. BlackBerry Mobile is a separate entity from TCL. So even if a new phone was coming, you probably wouldn't hear it from Waterloo.
    BlackBerry Mobile (BBMo) was a division within TCL, shared office space and used many of the same employees... most of whom are back to being 100% TCL or have been let go.

Waterloo or BlackBerry's once Mobility Division, would be working on Apps and Android for an update with any new phone - so they would have prototypes. Which is one reason we always heard about any of BBMo's new phones months and months out. Even the purely TCL/Alactel phones get leaked out of China, half a year or more - TCL's whole roadmap for 2020 is out.

Anyone thinking that BBMo could spring out a surprise device at MWC, is in DENIAL.... others are already going through ANGER, DEPRESSION and trying to NEGOTIATE... it's still a long road and many steps to ACCEPTANCE.
    12-24-19 08:11 AM
    BlackBerry Mobile (BBMo) was a division within TCL, shared office space and used many of the same employees... most of whom are back to being 100% TCL or have been let go.

Waterloo or BlackBerry's once Mobility Division, would be working on Apps and Android for an update with any new phone - so they would have prototypes. Which is one reason we always heard about any of BBMo's new phones months and months out. Even the purely TCL/Alactel phones get leaked out of China, half a year or more - TCL's whole roadmap for 2020 is out.

Anyone thinking that BBMo could spring out a surprise device at MWC, is in DENIAL.... others are already going through ANGER, DEPRESSION and trying to NEGOTIATE... it's still a long road and many steps to ACCEPTANCE.
    LOL
    12-24-19 08:17 AM

That's harsh 🤨
    12-24-19 08:23 AM
    That's harsh ������
    Reality is sometimes harsh.... We are past the point of their being a "chance" anymore.

But some will keep hoping, just as there are some that for some reason see the failure of Android Secure as a 2nd chance for BB10...
    12-24-19 08:27 AM
    Reality is sometimes harsh.... We are past the point of their being a "chance" anymore.

But some will keep hoping, just as there are some that for some reason see the failure of Android Secure as a 2nd chance for BB10...
    Agree, but I don't know why BlackBerry Limited is still supporting and updating Android apps for the BlackBerry devices.
    12-24-19 08:29 AM
    You're better off hoping for more kickstarter Titan style devices at this point than a KEY3
    12-24-19 08:34 AM

Wait, there’s a chance for BB10 to come back ? :-D
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-24-19 08:37 AM
    Agree, but I don't know why BlackBerry Limited is still supporting and updating Android apps for the BlackBerry devices.
    People paid subscriptions for those apps.
    app_Developer and momsthename like this.
    12-24-19 08:38 AM

Sorry. I typed it confusingly. Edited to fix.
    12-24-19 08:39 AM
    Wait, there’s a chance for BB10 to come back ? :-D
    I'm thinking they'll be a dual announcement at MWC.... KEY3 will have the QNX Hypervisor installed so the KEY3 will run both BB10 and Android 10 at the same time.
    12-24-19 08:45 AM
    BlackBerry 10 when the sliders open. ;-)
    12-24-19 01:00 PM
    I'm thinking they'll be a dual announcement at MWC.... KEY3 will have the QNX Hypervisor installed so the KEY3 will run both BB10 and Android 10 at the same time.
    But it will only support Lithuanian and the only theme will be dark.
    kbz1960, Mecca EL and JeepBB like this.
    12-24-19 05:51 PM
    You have every right to be appalled. Never seen a company as weak at communication as TCL, which is somewhat ironic, as the BlackBerry KEYone and KEY2 devices are the best communication enablers currently available. Your frustration is shared by many. Sorry to hear it.
    12-24-19 06:03 PM
    TCL is perfectly capable of communicating - it's just that communicating the truth - that their BB licensing project was a financial failure and has been shut down - isn't in their best interest. They still have inventory they need to sell, and they're trying to get as much money as possible out of that inventory in order to help minimize their losses. It's also not in BB Ltd's interests to make any announcement.

So, waiting on an announcement that is likely never coming is pretty pointless. There's no BB-branded devices coming out, and TCL shut down the BBMo group nearly a year ago. They haven't paid BB Ltd their licensing fees (and neither have the other two licensees) because they never turned a profit and they want BB to reduce the amount they owe.

Besides all that, if there were any devices being developed, we'd have known about it months ago. Instead, TCL is making (all-touch) devices under their own name, and they'll be showing those off at MWC, like the K2 was shown off 2 years ago. When nothing has been released for 2 years, that pretty much tells you everything you need to know - no official announcement needed.
    12-25-19 12:19 AM
    TCL is perfectly capable of communicating - it's just that communicating the truth - that their BB licensing project was a financial failure and has been shut down - isn't in their best interest. They still have inventory they need to sell, and they're trying to get as much money as possible out of that inventory in order to help minimize their losses. It's also not in BB Ltd's interests to make any announcement.

So, waiting on an announcement that is likely never coming is pretty pointless. There's no BB-branded devices coming out, and TCL shut down the BBMo group nearly a year ago. They haven't paid BB Ltd their licensing fees (and neither have the other two licensees) because they never turned a profit and they want BB to reduce the amount they owe.

Besides all that, if there were any devices being developed, we'd have known about it months ago. Instead, TCL is making (all-touch) devices under their own name, and they'll be showing those off at MWC, like the K2 was shown off 2 years ago. When nothing has been released for 2 years, that pretty much tells you everything you need to know - no official announcement needed.
    Communicating the truth is always in a company's best interest. People pay attention. TCL is making a bad decision here.
    12-25-19 12:41 AM
    Communicating the truth is always in a company's best interest. People pay attention. TCL is making a bad decision here.
    Such a pity that TCL could not learn from a public relations exercise, which they failed miserably on.
    They had a customer base using business machines, blackberry keyone and key2 and its variants including the Blackberry Red and Motion.
    And they made improvements as they went or maybe not.
    Failing to keep engaged with their new customer base, means that most of the customer base will not be buying TCL products going forward, and it is unlikely that those customers companies will be buying from TCL.

Just because a Small Part of your business fails does not mean to say that you should bleed the rest of your business potential, which TCR sadly have done and this is not easy to recover from.

They might be able to convert their happy deathmass to a prosperous New Year if they get get their communications right.

Such as a public apology for the lack of communication with their customer base.
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 12-25-19 at 08:28 AM.
    12-25-19 03:49 AM
    By not communicating, the company isn’t lying. Silence is golden when there’s no good news. From a pure business perspective, what benefit would TCL have to announcing failure?
    Laura Knotek and BergerKing like this.
    12-25-19 07:52 AM
564 123 ...