I have noticed this as well, I was talking to BMcClure937 last night cause I had not seen him on CB in awhile and he said he was taking a break from the rudeness that has been occuring lately. There has been quite a few unruly people here lately...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was wondering where BMcClure937 had been.... he used to be very active on here..

I too have noticed a bit of rudeness lately... in times past, when a noob had a question about something like "missing txt and call logs" someone would point them in the right direction and politely welcome them to CB... Now its like "hey stupid, do a search first! This has been covered already!"
    11-19-08 02:02 PM
    I agree and thats why I have stayed away from the Off-Topic and Social users post......have gotten at times very HARD CORE in those places!
    11-19-08 02:02 PM
    Actually I see it all over. Not just the off topic and social.

11-19-08 02:08 PM
    Honestly .. when this Storm comes out half of the fights on here will disappear .. ppl are getting really worked up about this one ..
    agreed agreed agreed
    11-19-08 02:18 PM
    I was wondering where BMcClure937 had been.... he used to be very active on here..

I too have noticed a bit of rudeness lately... in times past, when a noob had a question about something like "missing txt and call logs" someone would point them in the right direction and politely welcome them to CB... Now its like "hey stupid, do a search first! This has been covered already!"
    I know, if i know the answer to a question, even if it has been asked a thousand times, i will help that person. This is how it used to be when i first came to CB, now if a newbie asks a common question they are treated like an Id!ot for not knowing how...
    11-19-08 02:23 PM

"If you can't handle the heat then get out the kitchen"

Is my motto

Solves everything

Im with you...
    11-19-08 02:26 PM
    There's a fine line between debating and fighting and some people have trouble with that. I do see what you mean by the rudeness of some of the posts lately though.

You are quite right. There is a fine line and it must not be crossed. I only have one real weapon. It is banning. I do not like usng it but it's all I have. So, I do use it.

The fine line between debating and fighting has been around for a long time. In the British House of Commons, there is a green carpet with two red lines. The red lines are called sword lines and members are not allowed to cross these lines during debates. The lines separate opposing members by sufficient distance so that two members brandishing swords could not run each other through during heated debates. This discipline is maintained to this day althogh the members do not [often] carry swords.
    11-19-08 02:37 PM
    I notice alot on newbie questions
    "just run a search there are plenty of threads on this"
    First newbies don't know the site well enough and second Why not give them a link to the best thread to help or just tell them what they need to know.If you can't do that don't post atall.

another point....not everone uses propper puntuation and commas and periods and whatnot so read the words of the post forget puntuation and answer accordingly we don't like being dissed because we type like e.e. cummins and don't puntuate. Chanses are that person is way smarter than you just doesn't have time to proof and puntuate.

Next point....We are from all over the globe here. Not everyone talks like you and even in the USA alone we got :
    English
    Yankee talk
    Southern Talk
    Ebonix
    Mexican-American mixed down here we call it Spanglish.
    So be nice and we be nice get rude and that tends to rubb-off and you know the outcome..

Last point...Why don't the moderators take out some of the repeat threads and only leave the one that best informs on the subject.

Just my thoughts
    11-19-08 02:51 PM
    Actually I see it all over. Not just the off topic and social.

I couldn't agree more. This is why I don't post much.

What purpose is served by telling someone to do a search first? Is that just showing the OP that you're smarter than they are? Sometimes the search doesn't work like you thought it would and posting the question is just easier. It's not something that a poster, new or otherwise, should be bashed for.

Just my .02
    11-19-08 03:05 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD