android doesnt work and not allowed on a screen like that. Apps were never made with that in mind
    The Nexus 9 has a 4:3 resolution. So you're saying they don't support 4:3 on their own tablet? What's even running on that tablet then?

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    05-06-18 04:52 PM
    The Nexus 9 has a 4:3 resolution. So you're saying they don't support 4:3 on their own tablet? What's even running on that tablet then?

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    Passport is 1:1 square
    05-06-18 08:12 PM
    We have to be honest with ourselves here...the vast majority (myself included) bought into the Passport form factor because it offered the biggest and best specs of any BlackBerry at the time. And in spite of its clumsy proportions, many learned to love it.
    Very true. In addition to this, many of us bought the Passport simply because it was the newest and shiny BB released! We are like Pavlovian dogs!
    05-06-18 10:16 PM
    Catchphrase that resides in same file as “Tools Not Toys” which resulted is twice as many sales. Of course 2 X 0 = 0 . I know some devices sold, but in the grand scheme, closer to zero than 10 million......
    pdr733 likes this.
    05-06-18 10:35 PM
    Passport is 1:1 square
    I don't think you get it. The OP was asking why there aren't more 4:3 devices, to which you replied that they didn't exist because Android doesn't work and is not allowed on 4:3 devices.
    05-07-18 09:25 AM
    I guess double screens (ZTE Axiom) and folding screens (rumoured samsung Galaxy X and Microsoft rumoured Andromeda device ) are the new work wide.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-18 08:34 AM
    I don't think you get it. The OP was asking why there aren't more 4:3 devices, to which you replied that they didn't exist because Android doesn't work and is not allowed on 4:3 devices.
    Android x86-64 project works fine on 4:3 screens, in fact, android supports any screen resolution based on the graphics chipset.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    10-06-18 02:28 AM
    Rocking a Note 9 currently. Tried Iphones and many Android's. The silver and black Blackberry Passport is by far the best device I have ever owned. No other device comes close. Build quality was second to none. Miss it.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    11-26-18 05:29 PM
    Rocking a Note 9 currently. Tried Iphones and many Android's. The silver and black Blackberry Passport is by far the best device I have ever owned. No other device comes close. Build quality was second to none. Miss it.
    The same for me. No ther phone marked me so much. I miss that feeling from a device.
    11-26-18 07:33 PM
    Totally agree. I've been going to shops and checking out other phones - what a joke. It's like holding a toy compared to the Passport which has a premium feel and it is a premium phone. Worth every penny I paid.

Reading the comments from Bla1ze's post urging people to give up BB10, most people are still rocking a Passport and loving it. They're not moving to any of the 'Key' phones because they don't match the Passport or if they have moved on, many are saying that they miss the Passport including the OS!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    01-03-19 05:49 AM
    Totally agree. I've been going to shops and checking out other phones - what a joke. It's like holding a toy compared to the Passport which has a premium feel and it is a premium phone. Worth every penny I paid.

Reading the comments from Bla1ze's post urging people to give up BB10, most people are still rocking a Passport and loving it. They're not moving to any of the 'Key' phones because they don't match the Passport or if they have moved on, many are saying that they miss the Passport including the OS!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    The KEY line is still a much better fit for PP owners who want a keyboard than any piece of glass.
    01-04-19 02:45 PM
36 12