Perfect example here:

Is RIM ever gonna stop selling the 83**s?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 12:56 PM
    Perfect example here:

Is RIM ever gonna stop selling the 83**s?

Actually, I rarely see that kind of thread, as opposed to all the "Help me", "Email problem", "BBM question" or other such repetitive stuff.
    09-21-09 01:00 PM
    The point is that I'm being sent to "go troll elsewhere" by somebody that can't get a joke. There is no civility left.

09-21-09 01:06 PM
    The point is that I'm being sent to "go troll elsewhere" by somebody that can't get a joke. There is no civility left.

Take those with a grain a salt and ignore it
    09-21-09 01:11 PM
    Civility is one thing. Trying to get me to stop being pissed off at idiots is another.

You CAN be a nOOb at this site and not post redundant threads. Yes, the search function isn't great, but you can find your info if you try.

Try, that's right people, let's expect people to put for some effort. I'm tired of people making excuses for everyone else.

Remember the saying feed a hungry man, he'll be hungry tommorow. Teach a hungry man to fish, he will never be hungry.

People need to do something for themselves. Don't expect me to stop beating that drum. ...

Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-21-09 at 01:22 PM. Reason: content moderation
    09-21-09 01:18 PM
    Civility is one thing. Trying to get me to stop being pissed off at idiots is another.

You CAN be a nOOb at this site and not post redundant threads. Yes, the search function isn't great, but you can find your info if you try.

Try, that's right people, let's expect people to put for some effort. I'm tired of people making excuses for everyone else.

Remember the saying feed a hungry man, he'll be hungry tommorow. Teach a hungry man to fish, he will never be hungry.

People need to do something for themselves. Don't expect me to stop beating that drum. ...
    09-21-09 01:44 PM
    I actually find that humourous. I did a search for that and read the wiki page. Not sure if its a book that I want to read, or a movie I want to see. Sounds like the guy was a little off.

Wait, I see what you did there.

09-21-09 01:55 PM
    I agree it is important to be civil to noobs we all were at one time.

However, it doesnt hurt to use the search feature.
    09-21-09 01:59 PM
    I actually find that humourous. I did a search for that and read the wiki page. Not sure if its a book that I want to read, or a movie I want to see. Sounds like the guy was a little off.

Wait, I see what you did there.

I actually started out looking for the little drummer boy. But then I remembered the disturbed, angry look on that kids face.
    09-21-09 01:59 PM
    Made me laugh. I know I can be a little inflammatory, but I just want people to think for themselves, and be able to find out information. Not spoon fed.

Its far quicker and satisfying to find the info rather than post and wait.

09-21-09 02:04 PM
    I seem to have been called a pushover or something along thise lines because i reamed out someone for posting "confirmed" and yet no proof was shown as it being confirmed... Sorry but i speak my mind.. i have no problems helping anyone on here. I just dunt like seeing things being confirmed and gettin my hopes up and then seeing inside the thread as no proof is shown..
    09-21-09 02:05 PM
    HEY, who's this new guy Reed McLay?
    I don't know but let's yank his chain.
    09-21-09 02:07 PM

Well, unfortunately, I didn't get that your thread about the 8300 was a joke because I don't own one, and also I have a stress headache.

However, I didn't see a "go troll elsewhere" reply, unless the mods zapped it.
    09-21-09 02:10 PM
    Can't we all just fight with pointed sticks out back until this is resolved? Seems civilized enough to me.
    09-21-09 02:15 PM
    The people you refer to are the new members, by definition, they have not been here to learn the ropes.

As for thread clutter, they all drop of the first page in a day, it's not worth the time to search out the optimum thread to link when you can personally address it in two sentences. The first one being, Welcome to CrackBerry.
    I, for the life of me, cannot understand why the people worry about clutter. You're right, the posts leave the main page in a day.

JUST CLOSE THE THREAD IF IT IS ANNOYING TO YOU.

There are more important things to worry about.
    09-21-09 02:19 PM
    There is no more important thing than educating people. Instead of coddling I sometimes get rude. I would post links but I'm to lazy to do the work for them. People remember what the **** says.

Oh, pointed sticks might be to complicated. I'm not going to explain how to make a stick pointed to anyone, so its going to be a bloodbath.

09-21-09 02:22 PM
    Okay, I volunteer to be a Mod and help all the n00bs and I will be nice and helpful to them! LOL
    09-21-09 02:24 PM
    Well, unfortunately, I didn't get that your thread about the 8300 was a joke because I don't own one, and also I have a stress headache.

However, I didn't see a "go troll elsewhere" reply, unless the mods zapped it.
    Yep, it has been taken off, if the original poster realized the mistake then respect.
    The smily face was the giveaway for the joke, my point was that RIM really got the 8300s right as they are still for sale alongside all the bolds and storms.

09-21-09 02:27 PM
    There is no more important thing than educating people. Instead of coddling I sometimes get rude. I would post links but I'm to lazy to do the work for them. People remember what the **** says.

Oh, pointed sticks might be to complicated. I'm not going to explain how to make a stick pointed to anyone, so its going to be a bloodbath.

Thats why I suggested searching the answer, but only posting the terms you used to find it. That way, they start to learn how to search.

Of course, they might not like that answer, and just start a new thread...
    09-21-09 02:43 PM
    You make a valid point there. They should make a search part of the posting process for people. You put in your title, and they run a search using that, and ask here are similar posts, please see if they answer your question. Then ask if you really want a new post. A little more time consuming, but could be disabled for users with greater than X number of posts.

09-21-09 02:47 PM
    Oh, and if you lock every n00b thread, well... they will just have to start new ones!
    09-21-09 02:48 PM
    report their post if you dont like what they said. Or just PM a mod. Dont wait till someone reports the both of you and you get shafted in the end
    09-21-09 02:51 PM
    I'm not saying lock the threads. Just tossing out an idea how to show people the search, but probably pointless. You can lead a horse to water......

I do answer questions in a civil manner when I feel I can be helpful. I've just started being a **** (can I use that word?) since this facebook thing made it irritating to look at new posts. Someone posted one today (a FB addict took a week to notice a problem?)

09-21-09 03:14 PM
    I'm getting asteriks for a word that really doesn't need it making my post appear harsher than it is. The word starts with a J and rhymes with work. Seriously?

09-21-09 03:30 PM
    you guys are a bunch of flamers
    09-21-09 03:31 PM
104 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD