I am very sorry to see so many on Crackberry Forum participants resorting to being vicious and demeaning to others who post problems/issues. Don't they remember that learning a Blackberry is not automatic?? There is a major learning curve for Blackberries; it's not just another cell phone. This is what makes them so special. If you "know it all", then give the next person a break. Who died and made you ...

I hope moderators will slow the slide to becoming yet another "Twitter".
    09-20-09 09:59 PM
    Agreed.
    09-20-09 10:03 PM
    For the most part everyone on here is pretty cordial. There r a few on here that are to be desired. Trust me we have all dealt with them. Some are so irritating you want to jump throught the screen and slap them, got it. But mostly everyone on here is to help each other. I just yell at the screen and wait for some other person who has civility to help me out
    09-20-09 10:04 PM
    thank you for the post... i was ripped earlier today. thanks again.
    09-20-09 10:10 PM
    while civility on a message forum from longtime users to the n00bs is key, i must say one thing. this forum, like many others, have rules, guidelines and etiquette that need to be followed. there are many of us that first came here, researched our own issues, read the 101 lecture series and searched the ends of the net for help before posting. as of late, we are getting a new slew of newcomers who fail to search for their answers, read the 101 lectures or google their problems before posting. to long time forum posters, like myself, this can be very agitating. while i understand the idea of being new and helping point someone in the correct direction, theres a big difference when someone new states in their first post "well i searched and couldnt find directions so how do i install an OS?". thats crap. and no matter how many stickies, lecture series or n00b forums we make, some people are going to just go right into the General Forum and ask a simple, beating the dead horse question. theres only so much we can all take. and i see ALOT of threads in the wrong forum and no one is moving them. that just adds to the clutter. if you are new here, before posting, you need to search and read all the n00b information. it will smooth out the way the forum runs for everyone and make the mods job 10x easier. stop and think before a new thread is formed and check to see if its already been discussed. hey, i get tired of repeating the same things everyday in every thread. this is why the 101 series was created. redundant/repeat threads need to be linked to a thread where their question was answered and then locked. no need to have a whole new ongoing thread regarding it.

i made a sticky thread in the Native Apps forum with all the working OTA links to BBM5 and full instructions. and still, everyday i see "i searched but cant find OTA links that work, can someone post them?".....its getting really pathetic guys. open your eyes.

im not asking everyone to immediately be a forum or blackberry genius right off the bat. but a little common sense and self initiative on the new forum members and blackberry owners, can seriously go a very long way.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 09-20-09 at 10:26 PM.
    09-20-09 10:10 PM
    wow,thanks for the explanation. didnt even know all the resources.
    09-20-09 10:18 PM
    wow,thanks for the explanation. didnt even know all the resources.
    when i first came to this site, i was researching everything i could about my phone before i even got it in order to become familiar with it. people need to just take a few minutes and poke around to see whats there. kinda like moving into a new town. take a drive around the neighborhood to see where everything is. chances are, people who are new here just got their device and are unfamiliar with it. but there are 1000's who have had them for years and are very familiar. so surely the simple question must have been covered at some point or another. little looking, and im sure you will find an answer. i only start a new thread once ive exhausted all other search criteria.
    09-20-09 10:23 PM
    I agree with Dictoresno. The only time I am ever frustrated on here is when I see the same threads over and over.

Everyday, I see "Curve vs Tour, Curve vs Storm, Curve vs Bold, Pearl vs Curve, Pearl vs Pearl Flip" etc etc etc. There is another thread just posted called Curve vs Tour, asking the differences of the two phones.

I mean, this is a topic covered nonstop, and can easily be researched by searching the forums. Or the same questions being asked over and over; searching the forums is not difficult at all and saves a lot of time since you can get multiple results.
    09-20-09 10:32 PM
    understand...by the way...when is the storm 2 coming out? haha lol kidding.
    09-20-09 10:36 PM
    true and u dont get yelled at.lol
    09-20-09 10:38 PM
    Unless you know the terminology, how do you search effectively?

Until you've been here for a while, you don't know the structure of the forums.

If you've never been to a site like this, its very bewildering.

That's what it was like for me when I came here. This is my first bb. I didn't know squat.

I needed people to basically hold my hand and walk me through things in the beginning. And I am grateful that some were kind enough to do that, rather than throwing around attitude. There are many people here who enjoy helping others.
    Unfortunately, there are some dysfunctional people who find it necessary to crap on people who don't deserve it.

To be fair, some people are just fricken lazy.

Ironically proving dictoresnos point, a search would have revealed that this has been discussed many, many, many times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 10:43 PM
    I agree with Dictoresno. The only time I am ever frustrated on here is when I see the same threads over and over.

Everyday, I see "Curve vs Tour, Curve vs Storm, Curve vs Bold, Pearl vs Curve, Pearl vs Pearl Flip" etc etc etc. There is another thread just posted called Curve vs Tour, asking the differences of the two phones.

I mean, this is a topic covered nonstop, and can easily be researched by searching the forums. Or the same questions being asked over and over; searching the forums is not difficult at all and saves a lot of time since you can get multiple results.
    i agree, the xxxx vs. xxxx threads are ********. there are dozens if websites that make comparisons for the public. do what i did. search these sites, watch the user/owner videos on youtube, read the articles, research faults/defects or warrany concerns, read what current owners say and then read the factory specs. then, compile all your information and decide which one will be best for you.

they are all basically the same device, just in different form factors and slightly different specs. can people no longer draw their own conclusions and judgements?

and btw, do you really think posting a "Storm vs Bold" thread in either a Storm or Bold forum is going to get you anyhere other than the Bold owners telling you to get a Bold and Storm owners telling you to get a Storm. useless threads if you ask me. do your own research.
    09-20-09 10:43 PM
    i agree, the xxxx vs. xxxx threads are ********. there are dozens if websites that make comparisons for the public. do what i did. search these sites, watch the user/owner videos on youtube, read the articles, research faults/defects or warrany concerns, read what current owners say and then read the factory specs. then, compile all your information and decide which one will be best for you.

they are all basically the same device, just in different form factors and slightly different specs. can people no longer draw their own conclusions and judgements?

and btw, do you really think posting a "Storm vs Bold" thread in either a Storm or Bold forum is going to get you anyhere other than the Bold owners telling you to get a Bold and Storm owners telling you to get a Storm. useless threads if you ask me. do your own research.
    Don't use that word. "********".

What it all breaks down to, here, is the ability for people to use manners and have common courtesy for their fellow CB inhabitants. We were ALL new at one point in time - EVERY LAST ONE OF US, right down to Kevin. Yes, it's old and annoying to see redundant threads, but to be honest, THIS ONE IS REDUNDANT! I've seen a couple of them floating around in the past few days, but that's how it goes here. The cycle will never end.

All you can do is be cordial and polite, and just don't feed fuel to the "omgs tour vs storm" threads, etc etc.
    09-20-09 10:47 PM
    While I understand dictoresno I have to agree with LSG. For instance I have been searching for 30 mins on what to do about installing a new DM on my new laptop since my original pc was hit with a virus and crashed and i lost my disc in a recent move. and the owners lounge cant help me because i cant remember my freakin user name, stupid i know but still...
    09-20-09 10:53 PM
    after browsing for a few minutes around here, you can grasp some basic terminology. and things like GSM, CDMA, OS etc are becoming more and more commonly understood now. not to mention, the phones owners manuals explain alot of stuff about the phone that people ask here. alot of some of the simple questions, could also be answered by reading the manual.
    09-20-09 10:54 PM
    i usually guide them to the answer, but sometimes some users arent asking for solutions, but asking for trouble
    09-20-09 11:01 PM
    Amen on all.
    09-20-09 11:01 PM
    One problem I've had is doing a search for a problem I'm having and then go through threads that come up and half the answers people come up with is do a search.

If all you had to do is search to get a answer there wouldn't be any new threads for people to leave some of the stupid responses they do.

09-20-09 11:23 PM
    Speaking as a member and not a Mod here are my thoughts on
    this issue:

The site has rules. Some will read an follow them, some will not.

There are tons of frantic users who get here via Google and that
    is the only search they do.

Long term members sometimes find noobs annoying. We shouldn't.
    We were at one point.

Newbies may sometimes find the lifers PITAs and that discredits
    the site. They will eventually be us. What are we passing on?

Bottom line. Stuff happens. No one deserves to be mistreated,
    and it would be great if everyone read and followed the rules.
    Newbies would search and read some How to guides and established
    member would not crop on them when they don't,but there is this
    thing called reality.

We are can't always at our best. The best we can do is strive
    to be.
    09-20-09 11:31 PM
    I think another issue is that many people are not just new to BB, but they are also new to message boards. I have been a member of various message boards for many years, and I am a moderator of an antique pocket watch message board, so I know how message boards work. I am sure that a lot of new posters are not familiar with how to search on a message board.
    09-20-09 11:32 PM
    From the time I joined this site to now I will say it has gotten better with the rudeness. I don't feed into it plain and simple, if I find someone annoying they go straight to my ignore list and problem solved. However I do find many of the repeat threads pointless and aggravating. But I do keep in mind that many of us at one point were all or inexperienced as well, and we all come from different levels of knowledge. Some things are easier for people to grasp, while others you literally have to hold their hands the whole way.

Simple solution is don't read/reply to them if they annoy you so bad, and let someone else with a bit more patience answer the question. Nothing worse when you have a thread with a bunch of people telling the OP to search. Next thing you know things get out of hand, and name calling begins. Then a mod has to come in and clean everything up.
    09-20-09 11:36 PM
    Think of it this way. You have an issue and you think it is
    an "end of the world"

Yeah some of us know how to get your browser icon back,
    why your text messages are disappearing, why BBM 5 isn't
    working, but that person does not.

Crackberry is first and foremost an information exchange.
    No question is stupid. We all asked the same at one point.
    09-20-09 11:43 PM
    I really hate how Crackberry forces you to read those threads you find annoying.

09-20-09 11:51 PM
    I really think that there is no such thing as a stupid question �� But, some questions are more important than others and I do not doubt that! I think the expert users have different needs, than those we "the noobs" have. So I understand how sometimes our "noob" questions can be really annoying to the advanced BB users ... specially to those who are tired of seeing posts where the same question from yesterday is yet again a crisis for someone else... Assuming that every user in this site can figure it out on their own is presumptuous and simplistic. I'm sure that at some point everyone on this site was a "noob", or was just too lazy to look for answer and maybe would have preferred to have someone "hold their hand thru the process" step by step, I know I rather ask someone than look... it's easier!
    So in my part... thank you to those "experts" who have willingly lend a hand... I can say that everyday I learn a bit more...
    Please be nice to others, you really never ever know when you might just have a question yourself.
    IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY, JUST DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL! (my dad taught me that, and it seems to work like a charm!!)
    09-21-09 12:16 AM
    I totally agree with dictoresno, anything any new user will ever need is located somewhere on this site. I think from now on, when posts like these arise, I'll post a link to its duplicate on the site.
    09-21-09 12:22 AM
104 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD