Hi guys, probably some of you didn't know but BlackBerry Mobile opened a few stores in China.

I can't wait for the new BlackBerry from OnwardMobility, and looking forward, but I couldn't help but to go check the old blackberry store where they did the launch for BBMO and Key One. Up to a few month ago it was still open.

Found it quite funny that they replaced it with IPhone stuff already but kept the BlackBerry logo as a light.

Have a great day Ya'll
    Attached Thumbnails This is what happened to BlackBerry stores-2109906.jpg  
    3800, parryberry, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    10-21-20 03:01 AM
    would love to get my hands on those lights...what a great idea
    10-21-20 05:54 AM
    Now, that's just funny.
    10-21-20 01:21 PM
    That's the latest BB hardware: QNX powered lighting with the new micro kernel bulbs. For a retro effect there's the option of trackball switches.
    john_v, phuoc and Stinkycat71 like this.
    10-21-20 05:55 PM
    Yup other BlackBerry Doh moment !
    Attached Thumbnails This is what happened to BlackBerry stores-doh.jpg  
    10-22-20 08:57 AM
    Yup other BlackBerry Doh moment !
    Oh, I don't know. Seems like whoever manages that store for Apple is the one with the D'oh moment. It's up to the new people coming in to properly brand the space.
    10-22-20 09:59 AM
    Oh, I don't know. Seems like whoever manages that store for Apple is the one with the D'oh moment. It's up to the new people coming in to properly brand the space.
    Is it an Apple Store or some 3rd party?

Yeah just move the light around a little would have been all that was needed.... but some of these fly by night shops don't bother with that. They open for a season and are gone tomorrow.
    10-22-20 11:27 AM
    Is it an Apple Store or some 3rd party?

Yeah just move the light around a little would have been all that was needed.... but some of these fly by night shops don't bother with that. They open for a season and are gone tomorrow.
    3rd party retail licensee, no doubt.

And, you're probably right that they just leased an available empty space and set up only what they needed.
    10-22-20 11:42 AM
    3rd party retail licensee, no doubt.

And, you're probably right that they just leased an available empty space and set up only what they needed.
    If you’re setting up retail space and you’re selling mobile products, the best location if available is a previous same type especially if you’re selling a better perceived brand....
    10-22-20 11:44 AM
    The BlackBerry store!! I remember when we had one of the first BlackBerry stores in Farmington Hills Michigan and was a very popular place back in the day. I bought a few devices and accessories from there.
    10-23-20 07:10 PM
    Apples & Blackberries are both fruit, at least. Lol.
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-24-20 11:57 PM
    Apples & Blackberries are both fruit, at least. Lol.
    99% of the public would not be looking up at the ceiling and the 1% that would only .1% would recognize the branding.
    10-25-20 10:44 PM
    99% of the public would not be looking up at the ceiling and the 1% that would only .1% would recognize the branding.
    Ha, maybe a healing thing? Lol. Truth be known, I might personally know more Apple users who were once Blackberry users than not? Lol.

I'm no trademark attourney but can visualize where some BB et al attorneys might get accused of remiss by letting that continue unchallenged? Lol.

Potential trademark infringement issues aside, perhaps that store's management, occupying former BB store space, might perceive advantage in reassuring some of their migrants from BB? Maybe even "accidentally" subliminally implying that maybe BB themselves have merged or otherwise made "OK" with Apple? Lol.

Worth pondering... would there ever have been an iPhone as we know it if Blackberry had never existed? Lol.
    10-26-20 06:08 AM

Worth pondering... would there ever have been an iPhone as we know it if Blackberry had never existed? Lol.
    Sure there would have... BlackBerry didn't really invent or have the first smartphone. That came over a decade before BlackBerry made a phone. Palm and Windows would have still transitioned their PDA's of the 80's and 90's into phones. And Apple would still have added phone capabilities to their iPod.

Sad thing is some articles like "History and Evolution of Smartphones".... don't even mention BlackBerry. Most other smartphone histories do credit BlackBerry for their innovative features like Email and BBM. But in the end these were already used on PC, and that's all mobile was, the move to bring Personal Computing to a mobile device. It was going to happen with or without BlackBerry. Just as Personal Computers would have happened with or without Microsoft.
    10-26-20 08:11 AM
    Sure there would have... BlackBerry didn't really invent or have the first smartphone. That came over a decade before BlackBerry made a phone. Palm and Windows would have still transitioned their PDA's of the 80's and 90's into phones. And Apple would still have added phone capabilities to their iPod.

Sad thing is some articles like "History and Evolution of Smartphones".... don't even mention BlackBerry. Most other smartphone histories do credit BlackBerry for their innovative features like Email and BBM. But in the end these were already used on PC, and that's all mobile was, the move to bring Personal Computing to a mobile device. It was going to happen with or without BlackBerry. Just as Personal Computers would have happened with or without Microsoft.
    You're probably mostly right. Responding to a pager message seemed pretty profound for me, that first time... decades ago... lol
    10-26-20 08:23 AM