04-16-16 02:56 AM
37 12
tools
    The Hub on the Priv is a complete joke. A very messy implementation of it. If it doesn't look like an operate like as it does on BB10, it's not the Hub. It ends up being an un-intuitive mess.

Why? Because Android an iOS are incapable of running the Hub. They are too old to run such a thing.

This is why BlackBerry had to dumb down HUB for the Priv.

Those that want a BB10 skin on Android will have have dream for a very long time. Because that isn't possible on such an old OS that still use back and home buttons. Android and iOS may be popular, all due to the fact people are uneducated with mobile technology. But doesn't hide the FACT they are both OLD and Cumbersome. Un intuitive and Un expandable. A basic fact that cannot be denied.

It's unfortunate John Chen isn't giving BB10 the proper push. Instead he's forcing people to downgrade to 9 year old Operating Systems. Pathetic.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-12-16 07:28 PM
    *Yawn*

Thank you for opening my eyes. Of course, everyone else must be "uneducated".

Can't be that they prioritize other functions and features (and apps) above things like Peek and Flow?

How dare they decide what's right for them instead of a feature you've dictated!?!

I'm outraged.
    04-12-16 08:24 PM
    It's unfortunate John Chen isn't giving BB10 the proper push. Instead he's forcing people to downgrade to 9 year old Operating Systems. Pathetic.
    It's 2016 and John Chen is forcing the world to use pre-release iOS 1.0 and Android 0.x Alpha? That sounds unimaginably bad, he must be a supervillain.

I just hope he allows me to continue using Windows 10, I won't be able to get much done if he forces me to use the original version of Windows from 1985.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-13-16 08:31 AM
    The Hub on the Priv is a complete joke. A very messy implementation of it. If it doesn't look like an operate like as it does on BB10, it's not the Hub. It ends up being an un-intuitive mess.

Why? Because Android an iOS are incapable of running the Hub. They are too old to run such a thing.

Those that want a BB10 skin on Android will have have dream for a very long time. Because that isn't possible on such an old OS that still use back and home buttons. Android and iOS may be popular, all due to the fact people are uneducated with mobile technology. But doesn't hide the FACT they are both OLD and Cumbersome. Un intuitive and Un expandable. A basic fact that cannot be denied.

Actually iOS and Android are perfectly capable of implementing the Hub, they just don't. Nova Prime on Android has a page swap gesture that is an exact match to swiping into the Hub. They just don't, because they didn't see that being better than what they're doing now, especially with regards to the home button, or lack of one, because the other platforms have other gestures built in there. They'd confuse people currently using their devices if they did an about-face and took away functions people are used to just to get to the Home screen. And happy customers usually get angry when theyre forced to completely change major and ingrained habits.
    04-13-16 12:12 PM
    But doesn't hide the FACT they are both OLD and Cumbersome. Un intuitive and Un expandable. A basic fact that cannot be denied.
    No, it is a baseless opinion that is entirely wrong.
    04-13-16 01:44 PM
    No, it is a baseless opinion that is entirely wrong.
    In all fairness, if it's an opinion, can it be wrong?
    04-13-16 02:26 PM
    In all fairness, if it's an opinion, can it be wrong?
    Yes. An opinion based on a faulty premise or set of facts can, in fact, be wrong.
    04-13-16 03:05 PM
    Ah... remember when posters were claiming that the future was people paying $50 a month for this?
    04-13-16 03:14 PM

I kinda like the HUB... on my Droid Turbo 2, thanks to Cobalt.

Is it as good as BB10, no. But I think that has more to do with BlackBerry and 3rd Party App developers. Not sure what makes you think that Android is old or is the reason the HUB doesn't work. Today's Android isn't the same as the Android of nine years ago... Now iOS, I'm not sure it has the capacity to grow and expand like Android does. But then as long as it does what users want... what does it matter. But I do think that the way iOS works and it's dominance in the business world might have been a factor in pulling the BlackBerry Experience. Just don't think it would have work on iOS, and without iOS and Android only version would have meant very little.

BB10 a proper push.... at some point you have to face the fact that the ship is going down. I know many think that with either a different form factor, spending 100's of Million on marketing or Billions on 3rd party apps would have overcome the failed launch of BB10. I guess we will never know (well some of you will still wonder about it... me not so much)
    04-13-16 03:32 PM
    Just got a work issued iPhone and the keyboard is quite primitive. It doesn't even have automatic language prediction, you need to switch between each language.
    I think a well marketed blackberry app suite including the keyboard could easily sell for a decent amount. They would probably get more revenue from it than from priv sales. Not to mention you cannot 'steal ' apps on iOS like you can on android.

Come on blackberry!
    04-14-16 05:13 PM
    i would love to get some inside knowledge about the experience suite...bla1ze ?
    04-15-16 01:55 PM
    I think a well marketed blackberry app suite including the keyboard could easily sell for a decent amount. They would probably get more revenue from it than from priv sales.
    IOS already has Swiftkey and Swype, if you didn't like the default IOS keyboard. The BB10 keyboard also uses the Swiftkey core under licence, so I doubt BB would be allowed (under the terms of that licence) to compete against the Swiftkey keyboard app for IOS or Android.

I'm pretty sure their licence allows them to use Swiftkey technology on BB phones only. Swiftkey's lawyers aren't stupid.
    04-16-16 02:56 AM
37 12