Remember this? What happened to it?

01-20-16 11:15 PM
    Million dollar question lol. Technically, it's running on Android but the others.... not so much.
    01-20-16 11:21 PM
    Remember this? What happened to it?

I suppose it will turn out to be another unfulfilled promise? Depends on how Priv and BlackBerry's general strategy pan out in the end.
    heading4tomorrow and Q10Bold like this.
    01-20-16 11:23 PM
    Looks like they gagged it and bagged it, even the URL is gone:

BlackBerry will begin offering the BlackBerry Experience Suite later this year.
    For updates, more information and to get involved in the BlackBerry Experience Suite, visit http://BlackBerry.com/experience.

Google cache is still there, though:
    BlackBerry Experience Suite - iOS, Android, Windows - Global

I still think BB could have been very successful if they implemented what they envisioned in this project, especially for Windows and iOS users, in addition to Priv. With Priv, it's strictly Physical keyboard, considering all of Blackberry's apps can run on any rooted Android 5.1 device. So this could be why BB will be a PKB-only manufacturer from now on. That's something you can't just mod into a normal Android device.
    01-20-16 11:42 PM
    They have to make their BlackBerry skin on Android value added. The PKB market too small to sustain carrier support in the long term.

After the Vienna , they need an all touch.
    01-21-16 01:07 AM
    Looks like they gagged it and bagged it, even the URL is gone:

BlackBerry will begin offering the BlackBerry Experience Suite later this year.
    For updates, more information and to get involved in the BlackBerry Experience Suite, visit Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com.

Google cache is still there, though:
    BlackBerry Experience Suite - iOS, Android, Windows - Global

I still think BB could have been very successful if they implemented what they envisioned in this project, especially for Windows and iOS users, in addition to Priv. With Priv, it's strictly Physical keyboard, considering all of Blackberry's apps can run on any rooted Android 5.1 device. So this could be why BB will be a PKB-only manufacturer from now on. That's something you can't just mod into a normal Android device.
    Not really a surprise that the web page has been pulled.

I doubt the Hub running on nailed-shut iOS is even possible, putting the Experience Suite on WinPhone is arguably pointless given the low marketshare of WP, and bringing it to other Android devices would remove some of the incentive to buy a Priv.

I'll add that few users of those other platforms seem to be asking for (or are even interested in) the BB Experience Suite anyway and seem to be quite happy with what those other platforms have to offer. In fact, the only interest I've ever seen expressed in the BB Experience Suite is from ex-BB10 users... and from what I read in the Priv forum, the reality isn't meeting expectations!
    Last edited by JeepBB; 01-21-16 at 01:56 PM.
    01-21-16 01:42 PM
    I gather that if you have a lot of emails and or texts in a day or multiple email accounts then a hub app would be useful. An great developer should step in as BlackBerry seems to be stalled. The market for this app would not be huge.
    01-21-16 04:43 PM
    I gather that if you have a lot of emails and or texts in a day or multiple email accounts then a hub app would be useful. An great developer should step in as BlackBerry seems to be stalled. The market for this app would not be huge.

Hub is really more than just a place with multiple accounts, the "hub" as a function yes, it is where all emails arrive, but when I think of Hub I think of BB's email client as a whole, with it's intuitive and extremely functional operation, the tools it has built in, and the way it makes it easier to find and work with emails just as if you were sitting in front of a computer. Try that with iOS or Android email clients. There are few good ones, but still nothing beats BB's email client's functionality and speed.
    01-21-16 07:42 PM
    Sorry, I am not seeing what you are. Except for the fact that my Samsung is much faster at opening up links and attachments than my two year old Z10, I do not see any additional benefits. I only have the one account. Perhaps there are advantages if I had multiple accounts.
    01-21-16 08:50 PM
    I get the Blackberry experience all the time, I use a BB10 device.
    BerrySoul and RickTrout like this.
    01-21-16 09:33 PM
    I was really hoping they were going to bring this to android, I really miss the hub! I'd definitely pay for that App

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-21-16 09:56 PM
    BB 10 Os is my experience..and I love it!

  
    01-21-16 10:27 PM
    I was really hoping they were going to bring this to android, I really miss the hub! I'd definitely pay for that App

They did, it's called the Priv.
    01-22-16 04:28 PM
    I think that IF they drop hardware all together they will bridge us with paid apps that port over some of the features we love about BB10. Until that point though I agree that it would cannabalize Priv sales.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 04:51 PM
    I think that IF they drop hardware all together they will bridge us with paid apps that port over some of the features we love about BB10. Until that point though I agree that it would cannabalize Priv sales.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, it would cannibalize Priv sales... and the APK modders and pirates are gonna do it anyway... :-(

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-22-16 05:54 PM
    They did, it's called the Priv.
    That is one expensive app.. $700?
    I guess BB still manages to make money, but this is 1st step. It's also a way to get people to report bugs and other issues and still pay $700. Then when it's ready for prime time (because let's face it, Priv is still not on par with BB10) they might release BB apps and services as paid subscription, which I would gladly pay $10/month if I could have the exact same BB10 Hub on any android device.

Yep, it would cannibalize Priv sales... and the APK modders and pirates are gonna do it anyway... :-(

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    It's already been done.
    01-22-16 11:58 PM
    Unfortunately, the priv came out about 6months too late. Already had bought a lg g4. Would definitely consider hoping back on the BlackBerry train next phone but until then Id love to be able to use the hub.

01-23-16 06:38 PM
    Not really a surprise that the web page has been pulled.

I doubt the Hub running on nailed-shut iOS is even possible, putting the Experience Suite on WinPhone is arguably pointless given the low marketshare of WP, and bringing it to other Android devices would remove some of the incentive to buy a Priv.

I'll add that few users of those other platforms seem to be asking for (or are even interested in) the BB Experience Suite anyway and seem to be quite happy with what those other platforms have to offer. In fact, the only interest I've ever seen expressed in the BB Experience Suite is from ex-BB10 users... and from what I read in the Priv forum, the reality isn't meeting expectations!
    WP is outselling BB with their less than 0.01% population on earth sales, makes perfect sense considering W10 as a platform that is still the world leading Microsoft PC OS.
    01-24-16 11:24 AM
    Unfortunately, the priv came out about 6months too late. Already had bought a lg g4. Would definitely consider hoping back on the BlackBerry train next phone but until then Id love to be able to use the hub.

If it's running 5.1, try flashing BB apps and see if you actually needed that hub to begin with.
    01-24-16 11:35 AM
    I think BES12 & the Classic, didn't deliver the new corporate customers that BlackBerry expected (or at least hoped for). I think Chen realized that BES was dying... and thus the grab for Good was made. But a LOT of work had to be done to combine the cash bleeding, but customer loved Good - with the powerful and stable BES12 that few wanted.

In the meantime, in order to cut cost and keep spending in line with revenues.... the failed BB10 platform was sacked. And they took a hard look at BBM adoption... thus BBM Meetings was cut too. Projects like Blend were not longer a priority. It has been just what was necessary to make the PRIV at least somewhat BlackBerryish.

I think Chen's focus is on Android and Good at this point... with applications that are known as necessary for corporate use - lot of talk about poor old Doc to Go in the last press release, along with BBM messaging. But I think everyone figured out that are already a number of enterprise meeting app out there, ones that people are familiar with and that most everyone already have (BBM Meetings was just too late to the party)
    techvisor likes this.
    01-27-16 09:56 AM
    I think BES12 & the Classic, didn't deliver the new corporate customers that BlackBerry expected (or at least hoped for). I think Chen realized that BES was dying... and thus the grab for Good was made. But a LOT of work had to be done to combine the cash bleeding, but customer loved Good - with the powerful and stable BES12 that few wanted.

In the meantime, in order to cut cost and keep spending in line with revenues.... the failed BB10 platform was sacked. And they took a hard look at BBM adoption... thus BBM Meetings was cut too. Projects like Blend were not longer a priority. It has been just what was necessary to make the PRIV at least somewhat BlackBerryish.

I think Chen's focus is on Android and Good at this point... with applications that are known as necessary for corporate use - lot of talk about poor old Doc to Go in the last press release, along with BBM messaging. But I think everyone figured out that are already a number of enterprise meeting app out there, ones that people are familiar with and that most everyone already have (BBM Meetings was just too late to the party)
    Very interesting post but what about BlackBerry Experience Suite?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 10:15 AM
    Very interesting post but what about BlackBerry Experience Suite?

Posted via CB10
    Things changed, and thus so did BlackBerry's "commitment" to bring the BlackBerry Experience Suite to market.

So for now, Cobalt's new solution to bring the PRIV's BlackBerry Apps over is about all the BlackBerry Experience we can hope for.
    01-27-16 10:24 AM

BES10/12 had nothing to do with BB10. It was cross platform EMM. It was the fact that management didn't have a clue how to make BES10/12 better. They couldn't do it in house so they had to buy a company that knew how.
    01-27-16 10:38 AM
    BES10/12 had nothing to do with BB10. It was cross platform EMM. It was the fact that management didn't have a clue how to make BES10/12 better. They couldn't do it in house so they had to buy a company that knew how.
    A recent Mobile Syrup article indicated that Good was in dire financial straights . The timing was such that BlackBerry needed to provide cash in order to keep Good as a going concern and acquire their customers. One poster's opinion there was that Good did not handle Android well at the time of purchase.
    01-27-16 01:53 PM
    I remember that group that "reviewed" the top EMMs..... Good came away pretty "good" in every category. The one negative they had was that the company was bleeding money and where having are hard time getting additional start-up money from their investors. And they whole going public had blown up in their face with MobileIron's IPO problems.

Have to wonder who contacted who first.... Would assume Chen and company looked at their books and had a good idea of how to cut cost and increase margins... before they even made an offer.

(But then I assumed that BlackBerry was working on a replacement for BBOS.... at least by the time Android was launched)
    01-27-16 02:14 PM
37 12