I am not a basher. I want the company to succeed but was Thorsten Heins telling the truth about good sales in Canada or not. Can someone also please tell him to hire a real marketing firm as the US launch was a joke. Everyone was expecting more news than just the new devices as that was out months before. Since the lauch they have done nothing but watch how the analysts talk crap about the phones prospects. I bought at $16.50 so I have a right to be upset if the stock tanks and Thorsten Heins does nothing about it.

Who is telling the truth. Thorsten Heins or the Dutche bank analyst today
    02-14-13 09:15 AM
    I am not a basher. I want the company to succeed but was Thorsten Heins telling the truth about good sales in Canada or not. Can someone also please tell him to hire a real marketing firm as the US launch was a joke. Everyone was expecting more news than just the new devices as that was out months before. Since the lauch they have done nothing but watch how the analysts talk crap about the phones prospects. I bought at $16.50 so I have a right to be upset if the stock tanks and Thorsten Heins does nothing about it.

I think they only closed your last post because there were threads on the same issues. There are forum members who just go bananas, and get very aggressive and insulting in regard to anything "negative" or even anything they simply perceive as "negative", but the mods are generally quite even-keeled, and allow opinion discussion/opinion that does not follow the....party line.
    02-14-13 09:21 AM
    Although the OP and his 2 other accounts he created to troll the forums have now been banned, I'll leave this thread open for now for people who want to have a real discussion about the issues.
    02-14-13 09:24 AM
    Although the OP and his 2 other accounts he created to troll the forums have now been banned, I'll leave this thread open for now for people who want to have a real discussion about the issues.
    lol what were his other 2 accounts?
    02-14-13 09:49 AM
    Gambling on the stock market and OCD are not a good mix. You need NERVE my boy and guts. Whining on CB? Mmmm, not a place to go for sympathy.
    02-14-13 10:09 AM

Heins does not control the markets and you have only yourself to blame if you don't know what to expect in the stock market.
    For starters on any single day a 20 % drop is not unusual, secondly if you get into the wrong stock you could lose 90% over
    the span of a year. that can happen and as a shareholder it is your responsibility to decide when to buy and when to sell.
    As long as you blame others for your mistakes you are not going to improve, so it is up to you to do a better job....
    02-14-13 10:22 AM
    You are worse than a basher. You have only 3 posts.

02-14-13 10:24 AM
    The day that analysts are right is the day that the stock market loses all volatility.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 10:37 AM
    I bought at $16.50 so I have a right to be upset if the stock tanks
    There are lots of people who bought at $16.50. And $6.20. And $40.

Take a look at the stock chart for RIMM/BBRY over the past 4 months. It's volatile. Very volatile. If you don't have the stomach for risk, go buy a nice mutual fund. Perhaps an ETF. Maybe one of those PC Financial savings accounts is more your speed.
    cjcampbell and jakie55 like this.
    02-14-13 11:29 AM
    I bought at $16.50 so I have a right to be upset
    You should be upset with yourself for making a bad investment. You could have easily waited a few quarters before investing in the company's stock. The market isn't going anywhere, you don't have to buy stocks just because the market is open....study study study and stop blaming people for your decisions.

Sent from my Iphone 5 using Tapatalk
    joe.miller likes this.
    02-14-13 11:42 AM
    You people on these crackberry board are something else. The guy said he is out of money. Yes he is taking his chances but he is investing in Blackberry which in case you didnt know, the stock price on a companies stock is important. But instead of telling him sorry for your loss you bash the guy. This is a joke. They guy is right. Thorsten Heins isd supposed to be working to create shareholder value and to support the stock in times of weakness and uncertainty. There are articles all over the place saying that sales are not what Thorsten Heins has said. If those articles and those analyst opinions are incorrect then it is up to him as a CEO to stop playing around and to tell the world that its crap. He announced two new phones on January 30th that was already known to the worl months before. Steve Jobs always had something else in his sleeve. And yes, you dont wait two months to get a new product out after you spent time and money to advertise it on the superbowl etc. is everyone on this site stupid. Your probably not investors but I feel for the guy as maybe he bought the stock of a lame company with people who just dont know anything.
    02-14-13 11:55 AM
    You people on these crackberry board are something else.
    Looks like I missed an account. So thats 4 now I've had to ban of you. Goodbye!
    02-14-13 12:01 PM
    Thorsten Heins isd supposed to be working to create shareholder value
    Yes. By building the company to be successful over the long term.
    and to support the stock in times of weakness and uncertainty.
    If your CEO is making decisions about when to make press releases based on fluctuations of the stock, your CEO should be fired.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-14-13 12:14 PM
    If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, it is time to get out of it.
    02-14-13 01:32 PM
    OK OP
    what would you do right now if you were CEO of Blackberry?
    02-14-13 01:41 PM
    OK OP
    what would you do right now if you were CEO of Blackberry?
    it depends whether you asked this morning(down big) or now up big.......BB's new long term vision up to 3 hours......
    02-14-13 01:49 PM
    ...than the CEO what is best for BlackBerry.

... Like the two before - just kidding, LoL
    02-14-13 02:06 PM
    You people on these crackberry board are something else. The guy said he is out of money. Yes he is taking his chances but he is investing in Blackberry which in case you didnt know, the stock price on a companies stock is important. But instead of telling him sorry for your loss you bash the guy. This is a joke. They guy is right. Thorsten Heins isd supposed to be working to create shareholder value and to support the stock in times of weakness and uncertainty. There are articles all over the place saying that sales are not what Thorsten Heins has said. If those articles and those analyst opinions are incorrect then it is up to him as a CEO to stop playing around and to tell the world that its crap. He announced two new phones on January 30th that was already known to the worl months before. Steve Jobs always had something else in his sleeve. And yes, you dont wait two months to get a new product out after you spent time and money to advertise it on the superbowl etc. is everyone on this site stupid. Your probably not investors but I feel for the guy as maybe he bought the stock of a lame company with people who just dont know anything.
    i have never seen a CEO do what you describe
    They are too busy keeping the company on track to deliver on the products they are promising.
    So what you want them to do is get distracted and delay the products even longer just to satisfy your bruised ego, because you did not read the risks in stock dealing.

No CEO comes out and makes press conferences EVERYTIME the stock dips.

It is you who is something else, and that something else appears to be clueless...

Also about those articles contradicting TH, the shop in question in that article then released an article backing up what TH had said. If you dont look you wont find
    Last edited by darkehawke; 02-14-13 at 02:39 PM.
    02-14-13 02:11 PM
    Trading in stocks is essentially gambling...
    Did the OP bet on Black or Red?

but like some people say RIM will RIM.
    Wait.... WHAT???
    lewcat likes this.
    02-14-13 02:36 PM
    Stock surged 8% today...volatility can cause a little heartburn but we all need to take a deep breathe and relax. As much as I believe in Blackberry 10 and QNX and all of the possibilities, the stock price isn't going to go to $50 overnight...
    02-14-13 02:58 PM
    The OP and his clones are morons. Correction: trolling morons......or moronic trolls? Whatever.....

Stock surged 8% today...
    Crap. I want it in the toilet so I can buy it cheap. I bought AAPL between $15-$30/share when everyone was saying Apple is Dead.
    bigbbrybeliever likes this.
    02-14-13 03:44 PM
    Perhaps the OP and his mults should quit investing in the stock market and start buying lotto scratch-offs.......

People invest in the stock market to make money and some just lack the patience needed when investing. In most cases, you really have to think long-term when you're investing and there will be ups and downs in many stocks. The first year I started to finally invest in a Simple IRA happened to coincide with the stock market taking a huge dive and I actually lost a chunk of what I had put into my IRA that year due to so many stocks in the various funds I am invested in for it taking huge hits. I viewed the loss with the mindset that I was investing for the long-term and that at some point things will change and things will pay off.
    02-14-13 04:02 PM
    Attachment 135779

In before all the armchair analysts who know better than the CEO what is best for BlackBerry.
    As long as you can accept reality that what is good for BlackBerry might not be good for BlackBerry users.
    02-14-13 05:35 PM
    Banned because he didn't talk nice about blackberry?

Stock price and sales go hand in hand.

All the talk about mobile computing but not one thing explaining what the **** that means. We need that now and not 6 months from now unless its crap.
    02-14-13 05:46 PM
    Closed at 15.07 and up 7+%

I'm sure the OP is sitting around thanking Thorstein right now for listening to him. Thats how it works right? You come on CB complain about investments and then your prayers are answered?
    02-14-13 05:52 PM
101 12345