Stock price and sales go hand in hand.
    Yes, but it's a uni-directional relationship, and you're looking at it ***-backwards.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-13-13 05:58 PM
    Why would one even care what the atock price is? Clearly, some people don't understand how the stock market works... They should not be following the stock price.
    02-13-13 06:09 PM
    what is thorsten doing? firstly probably nothing about day trading, that would be short sighted. secondly excercising the share buyback scheme at lower cost? lol.
    02-13-13 06:15 PM
    Here is an article posted on BGR this afternoon... just to show... quit reading analysts reports....

BlackBerry owner loyalty analysis: surge from 18% to 43% | BGR

5:36 PM
    The latest YouGov report on smartphone brand perception and purchase intent is out, and this one is a keeper. According to the data, the proportion of BlackBerry owners planning to purchase a new BlackBerry (BBRY) within six months has rocketed from 18% to 43% since the spring of 2012. Over the same time period, the same number for iPhone owners has slipped from 92% to 85% while the number for Samsung (005930) Galaxy owners has ticked up from 46% to 53%. The interesting part here is how close the BlackBerry purchasing intent level is now to Galaxy’s level. One could argue that the iPhone slippage was unavoidable in the period after the iPhone 5 launch and before the rumor mill on the new models kicks into high gear.

If the YouGov report is accurate, it implies that consumer attitudes towards smartphone brands are remarkably fluid. Even the past two years of relentlessly negative BlackBerry media coverage may not have done damage that couldn’t be reversed by a hot model or two. It is interesting how easily BlackBerry has nearly closed the gap to the Galaxy brand, which has floated on mostly positive media coverage cloud for two years now. It will be fascinating to see how the YouGov numbers move as the major United States carriers launch BlackBerry devices and kick off their marketing campaigns. It is just possible that the consumer familiarity with the iPhone and Galaxy models has bred enough ennui to give BB a shot at jump starting its U.S. franchise.

OP have any feedback....
    GTiLeo and Shanerredflag like this.
    02-13-13 06:17 PM
    Prior to the launch they were doing some good things for Investor Relations. But everyone was expecting more than just in intro to devices on January 30 that talked just about what everyone already knew. They lauch the phones and tell everyone the same day that the biggest market wont have the phone for close to two months. vThen they have a superbowl comercial when there are no phones available. The stock is tanking because of this. Get some news out on what happening in the UAE or other countries to show things are going well. Does he not see all the bearish remarks being made by US analysts because of the fact the damm phones are not yet out. The keyboard version wont be out for another 5 months. Are you kidding me. Is Thorsten Heins so clueless. The launch was a joke and now he does nothing as all the negative talk will only hurt sales around the world as people want shats hot and not dieing.
    What are they doing...

releasing one of the best mobile devices ever...
    02-13-13 06:20 PM
    I want bb to succeed. Im not a short or basher. But this company has made plenty of stupid mistakes in the past and are doing more mistakes now at the worst time. Learn from apple and how to market a product. For every good news article or stock analyst there are 3 bad ones. They have to fight these negative bashing and not wait 2 months for the earnings and for when they finally sell the phones in the biggest markt in the world. In 4 weeks the damage will be done and this stock will b e at $8 bucks a share.

Tell thorsten heins and blackberry to start fighting
    With 7 posts and no other credibility here you feel qualified to blast the CEO and experienced marketing teams. Well that is your right but for me

I will move on to threads that have at least a little value
    02-13-13 06:20 PM
    I love using that picture b1aze used. It's in great taste and says alot.
    02-13-13 06:26 PM
    I have to say,
    What the H+ll Is Thorsten Heins and Blackberry doing about the crashing stock price-forestfirelikewherethisthreadisgoin.jpg
    02-13-13 06:37 PM
    What the H+ll Is Thorsten Heins and Blackberry doing about the crashing stock price-hueydroppingwater.jpg

shut down!
    02-13-13 06:49 PM
    With 7 posts and no other credibility here you feel qualified to blast the CEO and experienced marketing teams. Well that is your right but for me

I will move on to threads that have at least a little value
    not for anything... but credibility based on post count is pretty dumb.
    what if thor came here and posted... it would be his first post, so he would have no credibility?
    richardat likes this.
    02-13-13 06:50 PM
    Like others have said, this isn't a big deal - I'm expecting the stock to go about 7 bucks lower prior to the U.S. launch.....
    ...Then, if they shore up their app gap watch the stock rebound.
    02-13-13 07:08 PM
    not for anything... but credibility based on post count is pretty dumb.
    what if thor came here and posted... it would be his first post, so he would have no credibility?
    It's all you have to judge a posters credibility on. Once he has a history and is shown to not be just a troll then you listen more closely. But when they come right out of the starting box saying the kind of things said about management you have to suspect it is a troll. If he isn't then over time he will have posts that show he is offering his opinions (pro or anti blackberry) and not just trying to start something or get anti blackberry rumors started.

And I suspect if Thor came here his first posts would not be strongly anti management at Blackberry.
    02-13-13 08:16 PM
    OP, we know you had best of intentions but ....are you tired of this:

What the H+ll Is Thorsten Heins and Blackberry doing about the crashing stock price-imagescappa2e2.jpg

ubizmo likes this.
    02-13-13 09:19 PM
    I was a bit shocked to see the price drop today but I'm not worried. These are exciting new products and it will take time for them to get out there and be appreciated by consumers and business. BlackBerry is interested in long term viability and price appreciation, not day to day or week to week price moves.
    02-13-13 09:36 PM
    Apple reports that they sell 3 million phones in 3 days yet BB mentions nothing positive.
    Just leading those nasty shorts to the slaughterhouse...
    02-13-13 09:40 PM
    Leave the markets alone I'm making money still since blackberry. Hit its low in Sept still room to grow

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Last edited by Homo Erectus; 02-13-13 at 09:43 PM. Reason: spelling
    02-13-13 09:40 PM
    If you can't afford to invest, don't.
    joe.miller likes this.
    02-13-13 09:41 PM
    Marketing is perception. The analysts are negative so what do you think potential buyers will think when this phone if it ever comes out in the US. Its ridiculous to not be prepared to launch this phone no later than 2 weeks after the launch party. It makes no sense.
    Your approach to selling a smartphone seems to center on beating people over the head with some mindlessly dull advertising. It doesn't work and everyone knows it. Marketing is more subtle and carefully crafted to elicit particular responses to enhance sales. There is nothing better than agitated fans venting their frustration on social forums to charge up sales. Thanks for your help.
    02-13-13 09:51 PM
    Apple reports that they sell 3 million phones in 3 days yet BB mentions nothing positive.
    they did... everything is sold out!
    02-13-13 10:25 PM
    It's all you have to judge a posters credibility on. Once he has a history and is shown to not be just a troll then you listen more closely. But when they come right out of the starting box saying the kind of things said about management you have to suspect it is a troll. If he isn't then over time he will have posts that show he is offering his opinions (pro or anti blackberry) and not just trying to start something or get anti blackberry rumors started.

And I suspect if Thor came here his first posts would not be strongly anti management at Blackberry.
    but how would you know it was thor?
    02-13-13 10:31 PM
    Is that you Vic?
    02-13-13 10:36 PM
    I also felt the launch was a disaster. They had that launch event. Throughout 2012. Then they kept saying you are going to love the surprises. Lol ::surprise:: lol
    02-13-13 10:51 PM
    02-13-13 10:58 PM
    oops...so where were we?
    02-13-13 11:00 PM
    I also felt the launch was a disaster. They had that launch event. Throughout 2012. Then they kept saying you are going to love the surprises. Lol ::surprise:: lol
    yea.

they left out more than they mentioned. lol
    02-13-13 11:34 PM
101 1234 ...