Hi all, this is my first bb and smartphone alike, a bold 9700, and I was wondering from any veteran bb users what basic maintenance can be done to keep your bb in best working condition, and some basic things to increase performance are. Any help would be appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-10 02:49 AM
    First of all, don't get it wet, like avoid laying it near any water or liquid.

Second, get a memory card and use it to store music, voicenotes, videos and photos.

Third, apps can ONLY be installed in main memory, not like on windows mobile where you can install them on the memory card.

Forth, make sure to shut off bluetooth and wifi when not using them in Manage Connections.

Fifth, use a cloth to wipe the screen clean, including the camera lens. Also, make sure to get a pack of 3 screen protectors, and a case, to protect it from any drops.

Sixth, BACKUP REGULARLY!

That is all.

Welcome to crackberry and enjoy the addiction XD

PS. You'll need to make sure to do a battery pull when things go gnarily, also make sure that you have a Blackberry Data Plan, or most things won't work, such as BBM, App World and most apps, even e-mail and the web browser and instant messaging, even facebook/myspace.

Any problems occur, do a forum search prior to creating any new threads, cause it helps to read, understand and scan through them. You might just find it under your nose! :P

10-23-10 05:32 AM
    Welcome to the family enjoy the device.
    10-23-10 06:18 AM
    Clear your Phone logs, old emails, old texts. It seems a bit trifle but after time they can add up. Rootbrian pretty much covered it. Welcome to the CB zoo!

10-23-10 02:51 PM
    buy the application MeterBerry, keeps tabs of all vital processes
    10-23-10 02:57 PM
    I have moved this thread to BB Discussion. I think it's a good topic and I wanted to expose it to more people and get more input. I edited the title too, to make it clearer.
    10-23-10 07:00 PM
    If you are near WIFI hotspots during the day, leave your WIFI on. It's actually faster when you use WIFI and leaving it on isn't that much a difference in battery life. I do it everyday.
    10-23-10 07:08 PM
    Delete messages and call log if you don't need them. Clear event log. Clear browser cache
    Keep backlit light low and only set at 30 second

Be sure to close out when done using an app. Don't leave anything open
    Reboot daily. Get Quick pull or if have QuickLaunch be sure to use their reboot
    Do a physial battery when installing an app (after).

10-26-10 10:17 PM
    Recharge your battery every time you get a chance. The Lithium Ion battery will last longer if it is not subject to total discharge.

Sixth, BACKUP REGULARLY!
    Seconded.

Save the battery pull for the times you actually have a problem. A typical BlackBerry should go weeks at a time without performance issues. Let the built in memory manager do it's thing, it is very good at it.
    10-26-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD