I'll tell you what gives: BlackBerry users are just as bad of "sheep" as iPhone users, though few around here will likely admit it.

The Z20 could look like the iPhone 5S with a BlackBerry logo on the back, and no Home button, and we would eat it up. The Passport was derided as ugly, I still sort of think so. But as its launch date approaches, BlackBerry users just want the latest BlackBerry, and over time we have found reasons or excuses to like the Passport.
    Reasons or excuse.... like the keyboard and the rumored beast spec sheet?

I didn't know I was supposed to buy my phone based on looks. I used ios before and it wasn't because it was attractive. When I got a z10 I didn't get it because of its look.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 11:23 PM
    I've liked it since the beginning, sharp corners always appealed to me. I'll admit I was confused by the keyboard at first though.
    08-18-14 12:47 AM
    It will sell.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 07:22 AM
    It will sell.

Posted via CB10
    That's deep, all hail ranzabar!

Posted via Q10RR
    08-18-14 04:03 PM
    It will sell.

Posted via CB10
    It'll sell like the z30. Maybe even better

I've never seen a z30
    08-18-14 04:52 PM
    Reasons or excuse.... like the keyboard and the rumored beast spec sheet?

I didn't know I was supposed to buy my phone based on looks. I used ios before and it wasn't because it was attractive. When I got a z10 I didn't get it because of its look.

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't too long ago that people around here were saying "specs don't matter!" Don't you remember? Dual-core, quad-core processors, camera megapixels, PPI-- none of those things seemed to matter to many BlackBerry users until BlackBerry starting producing devices that raised the bar (amongst BlackBerry devices). What I'm saying is, many people proclaimed to not care about specs because the new OS was what they were looking for. Now it seems that people really did care about specs all along, and many are overlooking the Passport's "unique" styling solely because of the specs. Realistically, spec-wise, the Passport will carry on the BlackBerry tradition of not being the best in any category (on paper), though the battery is supposedly/hopefully ridiculously big.

People buy phones for different reasons and have different expectations, but it is too funny to see how the tide has turned and all of a sudden some BlackBerry users are spec snobs now.
    08-18-14 08:51 PM
    It wasn't too long ago that people around here were saying "specs don't matter!" Don't you remember? Dual-core, quad-core processors, camera megapixels, PPI-- none of those things seemed to matter to many BlackBerry users until BlackBerry starting producing devices that raised the bar (amongst BlackBerry devices). What I'm saying is, many people proclaimed to not care about specs because the new OS was what they were looking for. Now it seems that people really did care about specs all along, and many are overlooking the Passport's "unique" styling solely because of the specs. Realistically, spec-wise, the Passport will carry on the BlackBerry tradition of not being the best in any category (on paper), though the battery is supposedly/hopefully ridiculously big.

People buy phones for different reasons and have different expectations, but it is too funny to see how the tide has turned and all of a sudden some BlackBerry users are spec snobs now.
    I'd say I'm one that don't care much about spec.. but if it's there then it's obviously a plus over the current offering. Are we supposed to ask BlackBerry to downgrade the spec sheet? It's an ADDED incentive to buy but not my main reason as compared to say something like OS capabilities.

The best thing spec wise about the passport is its battery. The best thing about the phone itself is its keyboard and it's distinguishing factor....and the OS it will come with.. which btw brings me to anotjer point. none of the major hardware producers out there is actually daring to do something different so for some (not me because I don't have the money) the passport is a no-brainer

From my mobile arsenal..zee z10
    08-19-14 10:54 PM
57 123