I often feel spoiled when it comes to electronics. I own a bold 9780, an iPod touch 3G, a kindle, a macbook, and a desktop. I'm hungry for a playbook/iPad 2 but at the same time, I already have so many gadgets.. Which ones should I keep as a student?

You guys are also welcome to share your gadgets

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Get rid of the kindle, & ipod touch, when you get the tablet. The tablet, either PB, or ipad will be a fine ebook reader also so no need for the kindle. Also your 9780 is a fine mp3 player and can play video also, ditto for your coming tablet, so no need for the ipod touch, UNLESS you want to keep it for the apps, HOWEVER if you go for the ipad over the PB, then for sure you don't need the touch, because then you still get the apple apps.
    03-07-11 10:02 AM
    As a student, I'm guessing you're buying those with student loans. If so, you should probably not buy anything expensive like that if you don't need it.
    I like gadgets too, but it's pretty irresponsible to use loans to buy them if you don't need them imo.
    03-07-11 05:40 PM
    As of currently?<br />
    <br />
    3rd Gen iPod Touch<br />
    Asus Netbook running Ubuntu 10.10<br />
    Nook Color running Honeycomb (Android 3.0)<br />
    MyTouchHD running Android 2.3.3. CyanogenMod 7 nightly
    Pandigital White Tablet running Android 2.1
    PS3
    XBox360<br />
    <br />
    03-07-11 07:50 PM
    BB Bold, HTC Desire, Digital Camera, Laptop, Desktop, PS3, 54" Panasonic Plasma (love it), iPod
    03-07-11 08:29 PM
    OG Nintendo, Rotary dial phone, Boom Box...
    03-07-11 08:39 PM
    I have bb bold (sprint) 9650, bb curve 3g, HTC EVO, Samsung Epic, Palm pre, Palm pixi, hp laptop, hp desktop, b&n nook color, amazon kindle, digital camera, 2 ipod touches, an ipod nano (gold color) an 80g ipod, and samsung galaxy tablet (sprint). I have sold off all my other phones (i think at one time I had 26 phones that i rotated through) my original nook and hp laptop. I have a bit of an addiction to electronics.
    03-07-11 09:12 PM
    -Phones: BB Torch, 8310, Palm Pixi Plus, Nokia E71x, Sidekick II & iD, and bunch of other random phones
    -Computer: MacBook Pro 15"...also have a Compaq iPaq and Palm pilot pda
    -Camera: Canon & Nikon DSLR's
    -MP3: iPod Touch (all generations), iPod Photo 30GB, iPod Nano, iPod Mini
    -TV: Samsung 32" flatscreen
    -Gaming: Xbox 360, Ps1 and 2, N64, SNES, and every game boy released
    -Misc.: Nike+ running kit, Garmin & Magellan GPS devices

*Yawn*...Now for the interesting electronics

-I have 5 mini keychain Universal TV Remotes that I use to control any TV, anytime, anywhere, discreetly and drive people insane.
    -2 "Beeper Bombs"...small circuit boards that have a "beeper" and timer on them that can be placed in any small or hidden area that make a ridiculously annoying beep sound on a timer that I use to make people go nuts.
    -USB Keyboard/Mouse Disrupter...disrupts keyboard and mouse operation on any computer, with same reactions as the above devices

Yes, I have quite the prank inventory...and I can also make just about anything out of, well, anything...hence my name!
    03-08-11 02:27 AM
    I often feel spoiled when it comes to electronics. I own a bold 9780, an iPod touch 3G, a kindle, a macbook, and a desktop. I'm hungry for a playbook/iPad 2 but at the same time, I already have so many gadgets.. Which ones should I keep as a student?

You guys are also welcome to share your gadgets

I turned my brother into a Mac Wh**e. LOL He has more Gadgets that I do...

17" iMac (2008)
    11" MacBook Air (Latest)
    32GB iPod 4G touch
    32GB iPhone 4 (from me, I went back to Bold 9780)
    16GB iPad Wi-Fi

My Gadgets...

24" iMac (2009)
    BlackBerry Bold 9780
    64GB iPad Wi-Fi/3G, this is why I sold/went back to 9780.
    03-08-11 03:09 AM
    my Fiance is a Macwhore ALL Apple all the time. He has:

2 iphone's
    ipad (first gen)
    2 macbooks (1 17" and 1 15")
    ipod
    3 Mac desktop computers

Im pretty simply, I have:
    bb (torch)
    Nook
    Canon DSLR
    03-08-11 08:27 PM
    Hp laptop, 16G ipad, htc incredible, and BB 9650... I'm more android than apple. Was thinking of selling the laptop and ipad and getting a desktop and xoom tab. Oh yeah and the thunderbolt if it ever gets released.

03-08-11 08:37 PM
    OG Nintendo, Rotary dial phone, Boom Box...
    Winner.

03-09-11 01:25 PM
    I gotta 10 year old Gateway laptop running XP that won't stay on without being plug into an outlet.
    So yea, I sooooo needa Playbook!

03-09-11 09:01 PM
    I agree with everyone with dropping the desktop and kindle.
    03-09-11 11:02 PM
    I own the deathstar and Im heading out to blow up Dantooine right now

Dantooine is far too remote to make an effective demonstration...
    03-09-11 11:53 PM
    Ditch the desktop and kindle

i love my gadgets too!
    I Have...
    Iphone 4
    BB Torch White (bought it last night)
    Ipad - Just Sold To Get Ipad 2 Wen Its Out
    Hp Touchsmart - For the other half
    Looking to buy a 27" imac in next few weeks for myself
    & Just bought a 50" 3D Tv )
    03-10-11 04:49 AM
    Thanks for everyone's input! I agree with the people saying I should drop the iPod touch but I've thought deeply about this and I want to keep my kindle 3. As someone mentioned, it's definitely better on my eyes than on a glossy screen. I'm also giving my desktop to my parents. It's quite a good build but hey, I have a Macbook. So now its going to be my Bold, a Kindle, a tablet, and a Macbook. I still feel spoiled with all this. Thoughts?

I'm also torn between the iPod 2 and the PlayBook.. I'm a bit of an Apple fanboy but I love Blackberry.
    03-10-11 06:45 PM
    that's a good mix you got in there =D If it were me I'd probably go for the ipad2...We got my dad an ipad for christmas, and I wasn't so much into the ipad before but I never really played with one til then...but I gotta say It's pretty amazing, response wise, screen wise..and with the ipad 2 it'll be better with the hd cameras and everything =) but depends on what you wanna do the with too, the Ipad will probably have more games in its market than playbook..

my devices :
    phones : Iphone 4, BB Torch, Sidekick lx 09 SK 3 (swap between i4 and sk's sometimes =D)
    Camera: canon rebel XSi,
    Xbox 360, ps3 wii dsi and psp 3000 & Go still rockin N64 and NES too =P
    Alienware M11x R1 laptop
    Macbook Pro 13" (shared with my dad)
    03-11-11 12:55 AM
    Thanks for everyone's input! I agree with the people saying I should drop the iPod touch but I've thought deeply about this and I want to keep my kindle 3. As someone mentioned, it's definitely better on my eyes than on a glossy screen. I'm also giving my desktop to my parents. It's quite a good build but hey, I have a Macbook. So now its going to be my Bold, a Kindle, a tablet, and a Macbook. I still feel spoiled with all this. Thoughts?

I'm also torn between the iPod 2 and the PlayBook.. I'm a bit of an Apple fanboy but I love Blackberry.
    I skimmed the thread, but I say don't get rid of your Touch. Geez, my wife and I use ours every day for all sorts of things. The practical purposes we use them are too numerous to mention, plus it has Angry Birds on it--a great way to while away the hours on a coast-to-coast flight (I've got another one coming up in a few weeks).
    03-11-11 01:03 AM
    Motorola Atrix 4G, iPhone 4, Samsung Focus (wp7), Palm Pre, BlackBerry 9700, a few older BlackBerry devices, Canon PowerShot SX110 IS digital cam, Gateway Laptop & Dell XPS Desktop both with win7 64bit.

i have others, but those are the ones i use most.
    03-11-11 02:35 AM
    Motorola Atrix 4G, iPhone 4, Samsung Focus (wp7), Palm Pre, BlackBerry 9700, a few older BlackBerry devices, Canon PowerShot SX110 IS digital cam, Gateway Laptop & Dell XPS Desktop both with win7 64bit.

i have others, but those are the ones i use most.
    I can't imagine using numerous cell phones. How do you manage that?
    03-11-11 09:25 AM
    I can't imagine using numerous cell phones. How do you manage that?
    easy... which ever one i wake up wanting to use, gets used. the bb is always one of them tho. bbm
    03-11-11 02:14 PM
    easy... which ever one i wake up wanting to use, gets used. the bb is always one of them tho. bbm
    So when I'm decided which pair of pants to wear, you are deciding which phone!
    03-11-11 03:51 PM
    Some of you guys make me feel better about myself. Now I feel less guilty about having sold my iPod and looking into purchasing a tablet.

03-11-11 11:26 PM
    So when I'm decided which pair of pants to wear, you are deciding which phone!
    exactly... lol.

but one of the issues i do have, which made me think about your post is keeping the one i want to use (or all) charged at the same time. one is usually low on battery (atrix, every morning).
    03-12-11 05:04 AM
    Bold 9700, Sony Vaio liquid cooled desktop(couldn't pay me enough to get rid of this. ) iPod classic, Ps3, Wii, HD Sony camcorder, Panasonic 12mp point and shoot, 2 50" Samsung LCD's and an abundance of car audio, a very expensive sick hobby of mine. Oh and my HT setup, which is all Polk, Onkyo setup....and my 1 year old Beagle....

03-12-11 07:04 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD