All the AT&T bloatware never gets used on my phone. As a matter of fact, I have created a folder called unused dumped all the Bloatware in it then hid the folder. AT&T need to take a hike with their crapware.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 09:10 PM
    Bluetooth is a joke to me; half of them don’t even work, yes it’s safer while driving. The better alternative is to hook your blackberry up to the car stereo. You can use the speaker function, and it will come through your car speakers.
    08-20-09 09:57 PM
    i guess im the only one that luvs password keeper! I have so many, it helps to have them all in one place, especially for the ones that must be changed every 90 days. LOL
    08-20-09 10:14 PM
    Password keeper, notes, tasks, voice notes recorder, search, help. I hardly use it as a phone period.

08-20-09 10:56 PM
    Someone above remarked that many included programs "trash the whole look of the blackberry or any phone." That's well said, and I agree. But, on the Blackberry , it doesn't have to be that way. My own school of thought is that even one's most favored features don't have to be "in one's face" so long as they can be accessed conveniently. That's why I have three "tiers" of accessibility for my own "most useful" features.

The first tier consists of the features I use the most. They are accessible from the home screen via keyboard shortcuts. I have no clickable icons on the home screen:

Features accessible from this clutter-free home screen are: the phone and call log (green button) and/or speed dial; the BlackBerry menu button; turn off phone (red button); address book (A); compose (C); profiles (f); AIM (I); YIM (Y); msn (X); messages (M); browser (B); options (O); lock phone (k); alarm (r); memo pad (d); calendar (l); calculator (u); saved messaged (v); BBM (n); tasks (though I have not needed it) (T), and search and help, should I ever decide to use them (up until now, I have not needed them) (s/h). Although the dialing from home screen feature has to be disabled for these keyboard shortcuts to work, I don't see any need to dial from the home screen when I have at least three other convenient options for placing calls: speed dial, the green button, and my address book.

The second tier consists of features I use less often which are still very useful to me. For these, I don't have shortcuts. Therefore, they are stored as hidden icons, and I access them by hitting the menu key and selecting "show all":

They are: the camera; the video camera; the voice recorder (yes, I do use the voice recorder to record thoughts and ideas for poems); navigation; password keeper ... and my folder for unused features along with their icons and the unused icons for my "Tier 1" features. This folder itself is the third tier.

Also stored in this third, least conveniently accessible tier are the features I will never use: all games (including BrickBreaker), Google Talk, Sprint Music Store, Sprint TV, Facebook, Pocket Express, MySpace, Word To Go, and Slideshow To Go. I will also NEVER use voice dialing ... unless I become blind.
    Last edited by T�nis; 08-21-09 at 12:22 AM.
    08-21-09 12:15 AM
    I really do not use BBM. I only know one person who has a BB.

08-22-09 04:51 PM
    password, brickbreaker, docs to go, calculator.
    08-22-09 05:07 PM
    I really do not use BBM. I only know one person who has a BB.

That's unfortunate. The BBM is probably the best feature of the phone.

08-23-09 08:08 AM
    Ive never attempted to use BB mesenger.
    08-23-09 08:10 AM
    Voice Dialing
    Compose
    Saved Messages - do we really need an icon for this when it can be accessed from "Messages"
    Brickbreaker
    Tasks
    Search
    Help
    Auto On/Off
    Password Keeper
    Blackberry Maps - replaced with Google Maps
    DocsToGo
    MSN Messenger
    AOL Instant Messenger
    Yahoo! Messenger
    Facebook - SocialScope replaced this.
    Myspace
    T-Zones
    MyFaves Icon - I have my MyFaves set up, but I do not use the icon at all. It is tucked away in a folder where I do not have to see it.
    Certificate Search

I'm pretty sure there are one more two more but I can't remember.

All of the above that can be deleted have been. If it can't be deleted it is in a folder marked "unused" and hidden.
    You are right, some of the icons are redundant like the saved messages and compose icons. They were designed to make it easier to access these features, but you can also access them in other areas.

08-23-09 08:10 AM
    I have a whole folder in my BB called useless and its has: saved messages, compose, voice dialing, search, help, &tasks.
    Good idea!!!
    08-23-09 11:40 AM
    pocket express
    password keeper
    sprint music store
    google talk
    help...search
    Voice dialing
    saved messages
    voice notes
    and a few others
    08-29-09 08:55 PM
    Wow I seriously can't believe how many people don't use tasks or memopad. Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memopad are syncronized with Outlook twice daily. First when I get to work, and again when I leave. I couldn't manage without them.
    I was waiting for someone else to point this out. I probably use tasks more than memopad because of the calendar reminders (it helps to plan things out with six meetings in a day lol)...still, its a bit shocking.
    08-29-09 09:48 PM
    for me its defiantly BBM
    08-29-09 10:02 PM
    for me its defiantly BBM
    Is it that you don't know anyone else with a BB?
    09-02-09 04:22 PM
    If you delete an application, it is possible to get it back? Folders were mentioned above, is it possible to create a new folder on the phone's desktop and place application icons that you need but seldom use in it?
    09-02-09 08:56 PM
    It is. Just press the menu key when you are in the applications screen and in the menu, you will see add folder. Choose that and you can design your folder. Depending on the device, you can either slide the apps into the folder by scrolling over into it or by hitting the menu button and adding it to the specific folder when the folder list appears.

09-03-09 01:10 AM
    Its got to be bb browser. Any site will freeze it. The only thing that it can handle is ota installs, but through opera.

09-03-09 04:08 AM
    Wap edit:

I just read thorugh the thread. If you don't use media app, what would you do to play music/vids?

09-03-09 04:15 AM
    Can't believe I'm admitting this, but the feature I use the least is probably the phone itself. Using the email, calender, tasks, and the browser keeps me in contact with most of what I need to do during the day.

Right now I have over 4,000 rollover minutes saved for the past year. Wish I could sell some to someone, but I'm sure ATT wouldn't let that fly.
    09-03-09 09:34 AM
    Can't believe I'm admitting this, but the feature I use the least is probably the phone itself. Using the email, calender, tasks, and the browser keeps me in contact with most of what I need to do during the day.

Right now I have over 4,000 rollover minutes saved for the past year. Wish I could sell some to someone, but I'm sure ATT wouldn't let that fly.
    I have 8550 rollover minutes saved for the past year.

09-03-09 10:54 AM
    Honestly, I think there are too many to list. I deleted Brickbreaker and Word Mole from my phone because I don't like mobile games. Then there's...

-Windows Live Messenger
    -Yahoo! Messenger
    -Google Talk
    -Sheet/Slideshow/Word to Go
    -Slacker
    -Visual Voicemail
    -VCAST Music/Rhapsody
    -Maps
    -Tasks
    -MemoPad
    -Calculator
    -Search
    -Help
    -VZW Tones
    -Voice Notes Recorder/Dialing
    -Password Keeper

I also have Pandora DLed and installed but I've never actually run it.
    ....which BEGS the question. What DO you use besides the phone? Anything?
    09-03-09 01:13 PM
    get rid of all the games
    All the verizon apps
    My space
    Flickr
    AOL
    MSN
    Yahoo
    Help
    Blackberry Maps

And someone please develop a Quicken App (Landware Pocket Quicken). I truely miss that from my WinMo days.
    I'm all for that! I used touse Quicken a LOT. I'd love to see a BB version. Even one for MS Money.
    09-03-09 01:16 PM
    Ok. After reading some of the posts in here, I REALLY have to wonder why some of you even have a Blackberry. It would appear from some of these lists that there are people out there that only use the phone for pete's sake. WHAT is the point of havnig a BB if you don't use some of these apps??? Someone said they don't use E-mail. What is THAT all about? GMAIL? A lot of phones can do that so why a Blackberry? I have one precidely FOR the e-mail and about the only thing I don't make any effort to use are the games. There are a number of apps I rarely use but I try to remember they are there because I paid for them and I'm going touse them darn it!
    09-03-09 01:22 PM
    Ok. After reading some of the posts in here, I REALLY have to wonder why some of you even have a Blackberry. It would appear from some of these lists that there are people out there that only use the phone for pete's sake. WHAT is the point of havnig a BB if you don't use some of these apps??? Someone said they don't use E-mail. What is THAT all about? GMAIL? A lot of phones can do that so why a Blackberry? I have one precidely FOR the e-mail and about the only thing I don't make any effort to use are the games. There are a number of apps I rarely use but I try to remember they are there because I paid for them and I'm going touse them darn it!
    I see your point, but I think it is a testament to the versatility of the BBs. You can use it for so many things and still not reach its full potential. To be honest with you, I was mainly a caller and texter when I first got my BB. It took me almost three years to to use most of what it has to offer. And I am still trying new ways to get my money's woth from my device. There are just so $any things you can do with it now and more features and applications are coming out all the time.

09-03-09 06:28 PM
239 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD