For me its launching android phones maybe!! -_- with compatitive specifications and price of the current android Devices!! Beside BlackBerry10 Devices this maybe helps them for a bigger revenue!
    Note: its just a suggestion as a joke since I'm an androi ENEMY 3
    Whats you're idea or suggestion that you think its able to make BlackBerry back strongly?
    Hope you respond to my thread.

Amazing z10. But stupid battery
    05-16-14 12:22 PM
    Personally, the only thing I wish I had on my Q that I don't have now are apps. Native apps. I don't do APKs or sideloads.
    05-16-14 12:37 PM
    Personally, the only thing I wish I had on my Q that I don't have now are apps. Native apps. I don't do APKs or sideloads.
    And that's not likely to change because of the last two things you mentioned.
    05-18-14 07:35 PM
    Factors for Success?

1) Get Native Apps
    2) Create physical keyboard device with large portrait/rectangle screen
    05-18-14 07:48 PM
    Getting more of the popular apps to be native IMO would be very helpful at getting more BlackBerry users. With native apps the user gets the full experience of BB10. Many ported apps feel like a ported app and can't do all the functions of a native app. Of course, this is easier said then done because app developers have to want to make native apps.

The other thing I believe will help BlackBerry gain more users is if they get the general public to care about security and privacy. IMO security is really the one thing BlackBerry is still known for and is what makes them different to the general public.

I've read a news report about how a creepy teenage hacker turned on the camera and microphone of a girl from his high school so that he could watch her undress. The general public seems ignorant that things like this are happen, and they don't seem to realize how easy it is for their phones to be hacked.

With all the news about hackers hacking into many things, I don't understand why BlackBerry doesn't use their security to sell their phones. It's one of their best and most relevant feature they have since there is so much hacking going on.
    05-19-14 02:27 AM
    Difficult to say on the long run but I'd say the following factors are eminent for BlackBerry to regain their status.

Basically they need to keep shareholders attracted to the company. They need to keep up R&D in order to achieve stakeholder value because investors as well as customers want to see new products and actually competitive products.

Then they should concentrate on their core business values. It's good to strive for the top, but the shouldn't want too much at one time. Security is definitely one factor as well as business capability and well designed, solid handsets.

Additionally to get back their relevance in the mobile phone market, it is important in the first place not to loose any more of it. So I think the step of launching a Z3 aiming at emerging markets where BlackBerry is still a name was a very good decision. Besides that, some of that markets have an enormous potential, and the Z3 is a good way to spread the word about BB10.

And finally, advertising is a key as well. As BlackBerry doesn't have the financial assets to launch billion dollar campaigns, they need to be smart about this one. Targeted advertising and every other way that can give them attention.

By the time the relevance of BlackBerry will increase I'm sure we'll see apps. Until then I doubt that many big names will be interested in developing for BB10.
    05-19-14 04:37 AM
    They have to crush it in enterprise, convert the current BBOS users to bb10 devices, and keep growing BBM on all platforms with various monetization channels.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    05-19-14 07:03 AM
    In my opinion the app situation will get really better with 10.3 rollout. because even if they don't get native apps, the android apps function as good as native.. what they need NOW is competitive hardware. 1080p or 4K screens. Strong processors and GPU.. maybe 3 or 4 gigs of ram.
    An android app store preloaded would definitely help.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442
    05-19-14 08:13 AM
    I think just the opposite. I just want the apps that I want and all I care about is that they work. I just installed an apk on my Z10 to monitor my furnace when I am away during the winter. To be a success in the consumer market BlackBerry needs to have a Android app store where I can get the same experience that I have on a android device. Most of the apps that I need or want are not available in BB world.

I think that BlackBerry is correct in trying to make a better Qwerty device. There is a niche that prefers a physical keyboard but not with such a small screen.

I would like to see an update of the Z10 to compete with the soon to be iPhone Classic (4 inch model) but keep the price very low. I would also like to see a drop in price of the Z30 to the level of the Nexus 5.

On the Enterprise front , they need to offer a very attractive BES- phone package deal.

Ultimately, I see the success BlackBerry phones being dependent on the ability of Foxconn to make phones with iphone levels of quality but at lower prices.
    05-19-14 09:54 AM
    I think just the opposite. I just want the apps that I want and all I care about is that they work. I just installed an apk on my Z10 to monitor my furnace when I am away during the winter. To be a success in the consumer market BlackBerry needs to have a Android app store where I can get the same experience that I have on a android device. Most of the apps that I need or want are not available in BB world.

Speaking strictly as a consumer without paying attention to the things we learn on this site, I want my device to have apps that I can get at the app store for that device. I did not buy a BlackBerry to run Android apps and have a full Android device and a hybrid BlackBerry/Android device. I want my BlackBerry to have apps created for BlackBerry optimised for BlackBerry and supported by BlackBerry. Otherwise I would have either bought another Android device or a WP.

Speaking as someone who knows about Android app permissions, I want the granularity that BlackBerry offers as opposed to Android's higher level of app permission approval. I don't want to risk my device. And while the OS is sandboxed, there are plenty of headaches that can arise from an app that grabs hold of, say, your contact list since a higher level of permission was the only one available.

So I have other considerations than just grabbing the app I want. I consider the repercussions of a third party site, of risky apks, of app permissions.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    TgeekB likes this.
    05-19-14 10:18 AM
    BlackBerry needs three phone types:

1. BlackBerry Classic/Bold
    2. BlackBerry All Touch
    3. BlackBerry Pearl with military grade toughness.

A possible fourth phone:

4. BlackBerry Slider

? BlackBerry Q10 ? Keep The Faith ?
    05-19-14 10:55 AM
    IMO, more native apps, competitive pricing, higher specs, better camera, marketing - whether these things are important/practical or not, it sells.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 11:00 AM
    Classic chicken and egg. You will not get more native apps without more BB10 sales and BB10 is not a viable all touch screen platform without Android apps.

Your only hope is that the new Qwerty models are a success even though they are app deficient.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 11:54 AM
    I love this point you're really thinking well, yes I have abb Device to run native BlackBerry Applications not android ones thats harming the device, and going free, with no permission rejected from me it causes me to worry about my privacy, since any,google Application I'm sure there is a theird party who have s look st the data of mine, yes wen want native Applications that runs smoothly and safe, or I can by an android Device avoiding this whole shiiit..

Amazing z10. But stupid battery
    05-19-14 05:06 PM
    I second the native app proposal or build the capability to run Android app onto OS 10.3 without the need to sideload anything.

BlackBerry needs to reposition itself as the market leader for business leaders . A necessary product that leads to increase in organizational effectiveness! BlackBerry can easily achieve this by launching a marketing campaign focusing in security and field support. Provide free BES or OS services to corporate clients (like Microsoft did once)...etc

BlackBerry definitely do not want to go into price war in North America, leave those segments of market to Morotola and Nokia. Focus on business and higher end customers. Open corporate operated retail and exhibition outlets, launch new devices within weeks of announcement, and increase awareness of the brand and OS capabilities by placing ad on professional magazines.
    05-20-14 12:45 AM