Wondering if anybody can help me. After having my pearl on vibrate for the better part of the day, I found myself checking my BB frequently because I thought it was vibrating. I discussed this with a friend of mine and he said I was experiencing a LaPlante`, which he classified as a "phantom vibration of my BB". Is he just yanking my chain with this or is that the correct verbage for this phenomenon?
    08-18-08 09:24 PM
    Ya I saw something about this on 20/20

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 09:29 PM
    Phantom vibrations? Lord what's next. Can this stuff get any sillier?
    08-18-08 09:33 PM
    Actually this kind of thing is very real. Its right up there w/Phantom pain.
    08-18-08 09:42 PM
    Actually this kind of thing is very real. Its right up there w/Phantom pain.
    Phantom pain I get. This, not so much, but I guess anything is possible.
    08-18-08 09:51 PM
    How about phantom ringing. I get that alot.

08-18-08 09:56 PM
    Temptations playing softly in the background:

...it was just my imagination (once again)
    Runnin' away with me....
    08-18-08 10:20 PM
    OhoooOh, it was just my imagination...

08-18-08 10:36 PM
    I actually saw a story about this on CNN earlier this year & I have to admit I have phantom vibrations all of the time lol
    08-18-08 10:41 PM
    In this day and age "phantom vibrations" are a very real thing. A lot of us probably have the experience and just pay it no mind. How many times have you been walking through a mall, park, etc. and thought you felt the vibration of your phone? It happens to me quite a lot. I feel my BB vibrate and put my hand on it just to verify, but there's nothing there. Much like the other issue I have; phantom money. I use the debit card only to find there is no money there!
    08-19-08 05:57 AM
    I don't know what they call it but I have had it happen too. I don't clip my BB on me anymore and it's gone away

08-19-08 06:15 AM
    I used to get this a LOT with my Razr on vib in my pocket all the time...even with nothing in my pocket I'd feel it. Haven't experienced it with my BB, but I also don't use vib much-
    08-19-08 07:11 AM
    In this day and age "phantom vibrations" are a very real thing. A lot of us probably have the experience and just pay it no mind. How many times have you been walking through a mall, park, etc. and thought you felt the vibration of your phone? It happens to me quite a lot. I feel my BB vibrate and put my hand on it just to verify, but there's nothing there. Much like the other issue I have; phantom money. I use the debit card only to find there is no money there!
    ROFL!

Dm
    08-19-08 07:53 AM
    I have worn my Pearl and Curve on my left hip 95% of the time,my
    profile is almost always on vibrate and I have NEVER had this happen.
    Again anything is possible, I'm just not buying it.
    08-19-08 07:56 AM
    several times per day, I could swear that my pearl is vibrating... I pull it out.. and nothing! It has to be a LaPlante`
    08-19-08 08:12 AM
    I experienced this a lot with my 8700, I think my Curve cured me
    08-19-08 08:16 AM
    This happened to me regularly with my old phone, was a regular flip one. I dont recall it happening with my bb, mostly because I dont utilize vibrate unless im at work.
    08-19-08 08:20 AM
    I'm not going to lie, it happens to me all the time. I always feel a vibration and pull my berry out and nothing it happens more often when I don't have my berry with me though.

08-19-08 08:35 AM
    It happens to me too, but why must we classify and name everything? It happens with my berry and my other phone both for me, I just think its when you walk it moves a certain way or that you WANT it to vibrate so you imagine it. Kinda like how I wanted Eva Mendes to hit on me...and it FINALLY happened...wait that's a whole other story

08-19-08 08:51 AM
    I have phantom friends. Actually it is vibrating it is a trick that they use so people pull their devices out of their pockets and others see them. It is an advertising scheme.
    08-19-08 08:55 AM
    This hasn't happen to me yet!!
    08-19-08 08:57 AM
    It happens to me too, but why must we classify and name everything? It happens with my berry and my other phone both for me, I just think its when you walk it moves a certain way or that you WANT it to vibrate so you imagine it. Kinda like how I wanted Eva Mendes to hit on me...and it FINALLY happened...wait that's a whole other story

Eva Mendes is that what you call a phontom girl hitting on you?
    08-19-08 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD