I am finding it difficult to nail down exactly what this backs up? Anyone know? Just want to make sure I'm not taken by surprise if I ever need to do a restore...
    02-04-09 06:37 AM
    For the most part, the backup creates a mirror image of your BB. Some settings are lost but, everything else will be restored to the point you last backed it up. Personally, I backup mine 2-3 times a week and keep the last 5 backups (just in case).
    02-04-09 06:56 AM
    For the most part, the backup creates a mirror image of your BB. Some settings are lost but, everything else will be restored to the point you last backed it up. Personally, I backup mine 2-3 times a week and keep the last 5 backups (just in case).
    My backup is only 1.5MB, and I have a 1GB MicroSD, and the 1GB internal memory, almost full of stuff???
    02-04-09 06:58 AM
    I should of mentioned this in the previous reply, it does not backup the media card. And the backup file is automatically compressed.
    02-04-09 06:59 AM
    It doesnt backup the stuff on your sd card. It will back up your phone settings, contacts,calender,call logs,and messages. Stuff like that. If you want to back up your third paty apps there is a thread to do it in the tips section. Hope this helps.
    02-04-09 07:01 AM
    It is supposed to backup your 3rd Party Apps too, but often that can go awry, it's better to back them up as per CX's thread, in the How Too Forum.
    02-04-09 08:09 AM
    Heres the link to the thread we are talking about. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    02-04-09 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD