I saw a glass screen protector that said it uses; Electrostatic Technology, to get the GSP to stick to the phones screen. What is it???
    10-20-15 06:37 PM
    I saw a glass screen protector that said it uses; Electrostatic Technology, to get the GSP to stick to the phones screen. What is it???
    Uses static cling instead of an adhesive.
    10-20-15 07:14 PM
    Uses static cling instead of an adhesive.
    Is ES better, worse or same as adhesive? Details man, details! I know that plastic sheet can be run across a Corona discharge rod causing greater charge therefore better charge. But ES has me thinking it won't stick as long as adhesive, that the ES charge could dissapate in time or with a high humidity environment such as summer time.
    10-20-15 07:19 PM
    Is ES better, worse or same as adhesive? Details man, details! I know that plastic sheet can be run across a Corona discharge rod causing greater charge therefore better charge. But ES has me thinking it won't stick as long as adhesive, that the ES charge could dissapate in time or with a high humidity environment such as summer time.
    I've never used one but I've seen a demo of one being put on and it looked rock solid. They are also able to be removed, cleaned, and re-applied. I don't really know what the durability of them are or if they will stay in place as well as one with an adhesive but depending on price it might be worth giving one a shot.
    10-21-15 06:03 AM
    The plastic screen protectors were good for their time but they showed scratches easily and they didn't offer the greatest protection to the screen when dropped. Now tempered, i.e. glass screen protector are the replacement for plastic. They add a tiny extra bulk since they are thicker then a plastic screen protector but they are only around 0.2mm (from what I remember) thick so it won't protrude and annoy you. Glass screen protectors offer the screen more security as I've seen watched many times the drops on people's phone with a glass and with a plastic protector. My father dropped his phone and his glass screen protector cracked but the screen is in tact. If ur willing to use a screen protector then I would highly recommend glass over plastic. The glass doesn't scratch either so it tends to look great even when dropped. In terms of how well it sticks or stays on... the plastic never tended to move but if you were unlucky enough to have a corner peel of then it would need to be replaced. The glass corners never catch and even if it is taken of, it can be reapplied. The particular glass screen protector on my passport is as old as the phone. 9 months with this screen protector and no damage to the phone or the glass screen protector. It has clearly not moved at all. I have never heard of a glass screen protector loosing it's adhesive either. The only thing that's going to effect a glass screen protector is the usual dirt on the screen when applied which is why they usually come with a wet and dry pad to clean the screen prior to installation.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hasa77; 10-21-15 at 01:55 PM.
    10-21-15 06:41 AM
    Good Grief, finally, so many friggin ads on this page it bogged down my typing to nothing, got an ad blocker and all good now. yeesh CB!

Anyway, yes, IMHO Plastic screen protectors have never felt good to me. I recently discovered Glass and they are great, except impossible to find one to fit unlocked Passport. I just ordered one from a person in Canada who says they use it on their Passport. I'll report back on it after it arrives. I bought a glass SP from China but there was a terrible looking band where the adhesive stopped around all four edges.

I bought a $50 Ringke leather case and it seems to be marking my phones screen. I checked and checked but cannot find anything that isn't soft leather. I have a plastic screen protector on now and in two weeks it is marring in the same spot so I must have a glass screen protector.
    10-21-15 07:02 AM
    UPDATE: This GSP doesn't cover all the way to the lighted screen edge, comes up short on each side by almost 1/8", It covers top and bottom but at very top there is an almost 1/4 inch wide band where it will not adhere, also there is no cut out for the camera but it didn't seem to affect camera image quality.

There is not a GSP that will work normally with an Unlocked Passport, regardless of what seller tells you. I bought and tried two kinds and they will cover all or a portion of the screen. But even the GSP for the unlocked passport which covers just to lighted sides of screen will not adhere by 1/4 inch and there will be a visible band. They look funky. Sorry folks.

272016828778 ebay Item is the Canadian seller, is anyone familiar with this seller and the GSP they are selling?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mawil1013; 10-31-15 at 12:19 PM.
    10-21-15 11:22 AM
    Glass protectors tend to foul up the proximity sensor because to the die cutaway design is such. I removed mine in 15 days. My proximity sensor behaves well in permissible limits though. That said Blackberry is still to their Phone app and get rid of damned app lag.
    10-24-15 05:53 PM