Sent a text message to a valid phone number and received this reply "Short Message Transfer Rejected" I don't know if the person at the other end rejected it or did it reject for another reason. Can a person reject a message when received
    08-29-15 08:25 AM
    Sent a text message to a valid phone number and received this reply "Short Message Transfer Rejected" I don't know if the person at the other end rejected it or did it reject for another reason. Can a person reject a message when received

This error means the message was not sent at all, there was an issue with the number .

Has this error only just started with the contact you tried to text, as in you have sent and received text messages before with the contact but now it's glitching?
    If this is the case, the contact info may be glitched on your device. Delete the contact and then re-add the info manually, then try to send them a text.

If you have not been able to send the contact a text message from the beginning, then it may be that you need addition numbers in the contacts phone number, such a 1 before the number. Check to see if your carrier or the contact's location requires a long distance or international code.
    Also double check that you are using the contact's mobile number and not a land-line number, as land-lines do not support text messaging.
    08-29-15 08:55 AM