I tried to open an App and I got this message: "The radio on the device is currently turned off or the battery is too low for the radio to be used."
    10-18-09 11:21 AM
    Your battery needs to be charged. The radio is too low to run because it will consume the battery. The device is basically functional except with no service, like a dummy phone.

Best thing to do, charge it up!
    10-18-09 11:22 AM
    Thanks. What do you and they mean by radio though.
    10-18-09 11:24 AM
    Radio is like your service, both cellular for phone calls, and data for internet type services.
    10-18-09 11:25 AM
    Awesome. Thanks
    10-18-09 11:35 AM
    Anytime, glad to be of assistance!
    10-18-09 11:36 AM
    As defined by Merriam-Webster, a radio is "the wireless transmission and reception of electric impulses or signals by means of electromagnetic waves." In other words, it is a device that is used to send and receive messages.

In the alert message, it indicates that the phone can't communicate with its radio (antenna). This is either because the radio is turned off, or because there is not enough power to power up the radio. Your phone cuts power to the radio at around 10% to 15% battery power so that it can stay powered on longer (I think emergency phone calls can still be made up until the phone dies).
    10-18-09 12:59 PM
    Well I figured it out. Seems like I shut off my connect to the tower. Arrrrgh

LOL
    10-18-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD