What exactly does the bold name stand for? I believe this is a very good question after being on sal's site I noticed someone posted that Bold just means an upscale blackberry when describing the new blackberry atlas. I was always under the impression it stood for the 9000 form factor, but now seeing the onyx and what the 9000 stood for in its time period of release what this person said upscale berry makes since do you all agree?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by phonemaster123; 10-02-09 at 11:55 AM.
    10-02-09 11:53 AM
    I'm assuming bold is used the same way the word is used as an adjective to describe any other noun.
    10-02-09 12:00 PM
    I believe RIM came up with the name when they were doing some group marketing survey and the first thing that people notice was the beautiful screen. It was bright and people thought it was a touch screen so that's how RIM came about the name Bold for the 9000.
    10-03-09 04:29 AM
    I'm assuming bold is used the same way the word is used as an adjective to describe any other noun.

Except in this case the word "Bold" is being used AS a noun.

(Absolutely no offence intended but when I read your sig under your comment I just had to post this. )
    10-03-09 05:27 AM
    I believe RIM came up with the name when they were doing some group marketing survey and the first thing that people notice was the beautiful screen. It was bright and people thought it was a touch screen so that's how RIM came about the name Bold for the 9000.
    This. The screen was described as "bold", and thus RIM found a name for its new baby. Now that I think about it, where did I read that story from...
    Last edited by Masahiro; 10-03-09 at 05:46 AM.
    10-03-09 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD