04-06-16 08:21 AM
82 1234
tools
    um, it's a blackberry...I thought that was pretty obvious..
    itzJustMeh likes this.
    01-11-09 01:27 AM
    Okay you're all wrong! It's gotta be an array of AND gates!
    07-01-10 03:04 PM
    Okay you're all wrong! It's gotta be an array of AND gates!
    geek

10char
    07-01-10 03:47 PM
    geek

10char
    That was kinda the point :P Pretty hard to get called a geek on a tech forum though, kudos!

I never saw the 4 B's in the logo before today.
    07-01-10 04:14 PM
    Who cares what it stands for. It's a nice logo. I even have it tattooed on my leg!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-01-10 07:08 PM
    I see a unicorn.
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    07-01-10 07:10 PM
    It represents people who dig up ancient useless dead posts. I see it too Masahiro!

07-01-10 08:52 PM
    Who cares what it stands for. It's a nice logo. I even have it tattooed on my leg!

I often wondered how many people have one like that. I hope RIM isn't like the recording industry, lol.
    07-02-10 09:26 AM
    It's no B.
    It's a very basic representation of a phone and in the same time a network. That represents a network of Blackberries interconnected between them by being a Blackberry (the network representation is obvious because of the different number of symbols on each row, 2 / 3 / 2). It's a perfect logo. It takes your mind to: B, Phone - gadget, network. Beat's me why it's Blue though....
    10-30-10 02:55 AM
    4 exact B's far left center top and bottom and far right. Brilliant!! By BlackBerry!

02-16-11 11:06 AM
    I wish these time stamps stood out a littlt more. I forget to read em' sometimes until their mention in a post.
    Boo to you^

02-16-11 08:39 PM
    It's actually refreshing to read a thread like this instead of the "I am leaving BB for......." and "RIM is done" threads! Kudos for this!!!!
    02-16-11 09:00 PM
    Maybe it is a random assemblage of random shapes and someone in a corporate office somewhere is giggling at all of you.
    02-16-11 09:29 PM
    In my opinion, BB logo assembled by four Bs, all bold, and that means BLACKBERRY - BE BOLD.
    09-07-13 12:27 AM
    It would be cool for crackberry to make a blog post regarding the origins of the logo and who the designers were

Posted via CB10
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    09-07-13 12:34 AM
    Let me have a blind stab at it, combine some suggestions from other posters along with my own.

The BlackBerry logo represents multiple things. Some shown in plain site, but some hidden. At a quick glance, it looks like a graphic representation of aggregated drupelets on a Blackberry fruit. Exactly what the name of the company suggests.

Dig a little deeper, and with a generous amount of imagination and storytelling:

Each drupe is stylised to look like the counter within the letter "B", the logo consists of multiples of them combined together. Forming a network of BlackBerry devices. Relating to the service that they provide. A network of BlackBerry devices connect to a network, and managed (BES).

Perhaps it could even be seen the multiple facade of BlackBerry. 4 "B"s within the logo. BlackBerry hardware, and BlackBerry software. Both side connected by sharing a "drupe" (2 "B"s in the middle row), signifying their integration of software and hardware, and as a integrated manufacturer (BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry operating systems).

With the acquisition of QNX, and their vision of Mobile Computing, the logo has never been more apt. A series of seeming randomly placed dots, placed and connected to form a larger picture. Think automotive, mobile phone, computers, etc. Each dot could represent a different industry, and all connected with "BlackBerry" at its core.

lol.
    BBVegasGirl80 and eldricho like this.
    09-07-13 03:09 AM
    Looking at the back of my phone I see two overlapping letter Bs'

Z10 via CB 10
    09-07-13 03:24 AM
    It looks like a Snozberry.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 06:25 AM
    It's a blackberry. Maybe 2 B's as well, though I'm not seeing them

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 06:31 AM
    To see the B's do this:
    Granted it's hard to draw by hand a perfect B <<<<like this one but on a computer, use paint or something.
    But, make a B with the lines being one color, and fill in the insides with another, then remove the first color. The remaining is the exact shapes you see in the logo, look close
    09-07-13 06:42 AM
    To see the B's do this:
    Granted it's hard to draw by hand a perfect B <<<<like this one but on a computer, use paint or something.
    But, make a B with the lines being one color, and fill in the insides with another, then remove the first color. The remaining is the exact shapes you see in the logo, look close
    So there are more than two B's?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 06:47 AM
    Hint: A fruit.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:16 AM

Let's see it!

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:23 AM
    It's the Matrix element. Only sideways and In Motion.

The company could've been called MIM Matrix In Motion instead of Research In Motion.

I always saw the design as something that is Moving Forward.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:44 AM
    A blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:44 AM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD