I didn't post the application screen shot because it is sooo incorrect
    I had. 2h conference call, and it showed me on my phone application for 9.9 seconds,

It doesn't really record time spent in emails, I read a little over 100 emails, and managed to have 13h of idle time in a business day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-11 04:54 AM
    I had. 2h conference call, and it showed me on my phone application for 9.9 seconds,

It doesn't really record time spent in emails, I read a little over 100 emails, and managed to have 13h of idle time in a business day

It doesn't show the time you're phone is playing stored, not streamed, music or video either. If you stream it would count towards the browser usage.

06-24-11 04:58 AM
    Owning a BlackBerry and being over 500 Lbs.

06-24-11 05:18 AM
    Quite true, the CPU usage isn't exact, and dR may need to upgrade his OS.

The best would be a monthly statemnet, since I'm pretty sure VZW is the only carrier with a fairly accurate app.

Pst

bfd

You'll always be heavy in my eyes.

Wait, what?!?
    06-24-11 05:33 AM
    Quite true, the CPU usage isn't exact, and dR may need to upgrade his OS.

The best would be a monthly statemnet, since I'm pretty sure VZW is the only carrier with a fairly accurate app.

Pst

bfd

You'll always be heavy in my eyes.

Wait, what?!?
    213 llbs to be exact

06-24-11 05:57 AM
    lmao how the **** you use the clock for 40 minutes there dear! lol you counting down til the baby pops out?
    Matt!!! I think I figured out.
    Yesterday I hit snooze twice. My snooze is set at 15 minutes. I got up before the third snooze.
    I think that's it!

howarmat likes this.
    06-24-11 06:19 AM
    [b][color=#000066]
    Geeze Qbn! You're carrying the BB as much as the baby.
    Hee, hee....been tellin' ya guys I'm ALWAYS on my BB!!! The idle time coincides perfectly with work!

06-24-11 06:23 AM

I am seeing the same thing with usage.

40-50 emails, about 7 phone calls, around 20 min each. BBM- lots, browser usage was about an hour or so.

It shows total 9 min...

Even each operation total is not true.......
    06-24-11 07:34 AM
    I've always noticed that function to be inaccurate at times. Going by my bill, I average between 250 mb to 650 mb depending on how much wifi usage. I'm 235 lb so I guess I'm a heavy user too! LOL.

06-24-11 08:51 AM

The application usage page doesn't display how long you were using the respective apps, it displays the ammount of time the CPU was working on that particular app. The CPU doesn't run at 100% utilization on the e-mail app while you're reading e-mail. It is actually working on other stuff too (background apps, etc) it is measuring CPU time, not end user time.

06-24-11 11:38 AM
    The application usage page doesn't display how long you were using the respective apps, it displays the ammount of time the CPU was working on that particular app. The CPU doesn't run at 100% utilization on the e-mail app while you're reading e-mail. It is actually working on other stuff too (background apps, etc) it is measuring CPU time, not end user time.

I am coming to that consensus as well the more and more I keep checking to see progress.

Odd thing is though, CPU is on it's own tab. Usage is well you would think usage..... that is on it's own tab....

I think we all should be using http://download.earlysail.com/i_love_blackberry/ I Love BlackBerry" application

The application will show your usage during work hours and during nights and weekends. It organizes your daily, weekly, monthly usage for the current period as well as displays long term averages.

I used this back in the day on my 8330 and was surprised on how well it worked and how often I used my device.
    06-24-11 01:42 PM
    I am coming to that consensus as well the more and more I keep checking to see progress.

Odd thing is though, CPU is on it's own tab. Usage is well you would think usage..... that is on it's own tab....
    Nothing odd about it. CPU Usage is a snapshot view of what all the CPU is working on at that time. Where as the other is a historical view, in essence, of how much CPU time that particular app has used.

06-24-11 04:19 PM
    I condsider myself heavy, more so to this site, lol! I am on it just about everyday minus my days off, unless really bored.

I don't stream much or listen to music, just once in awhile.

I do take quite a few calls a day, some long, some short. I text a good 20x in SMS form and I BBM a ton. My usual data is right around 250mb's a month, but remember BB compresses. I use wifi quite a bit when home and that keeps it down some. Also use FB a lot as well....

I would say compared to the CB addicts here, I am middle of the road, but compared to normal people, I am heavy. I generally have a good 40/50% battery life when I get home.

06-24-11 04:57 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD