I always hear people using this terms on this forum, it's used all the time, "I'm a heavy user" "battery lasts all day even with heavy use"

Well, here's my usage by lunchtime today, what's yours? Is it low, medium or high?
    06-23-11 07:58 AM
    This will be interesting

Will post mine tonight after I use it a full day. Not sure how busy I will be today but we will see.
    06-23-11 08:05 AM
    I will have to set myself a reminder to come here when I am done work for the day Battery started fully charged this morning at 5h idle, 35min use, lets see what that is at day end, I'll try not to charge all day
    06-23-11 08:22 AM
    I will have to set myself a reminder to come here when I am done work for the day Battery started fully charged this morning at 5h idle, 35min use, lets see what that is at day end, I'll try not to charge all day
    It's not really about battery life as many factors contribute to that, I move about a lot going from cell tower to cell tower and 2G to 3G and back so I couldn't possibly compare with somebody who moves just a few times a day.
    I'm just curious about usage, actually I'm afraid I'm using it way too much

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 08:31 AM
    what app delineates the usage like that?
    06-23-11 09:45 AM
    what app delineates the usage like that?
    Built in with OS6

06-23-11 09:51 AM
    I always hear people using this terms on this forum, it's used all the time, "I'm a heavy user" "battery lasts all day even with heavy use"

Well, here's my usage by lunchtime today, what's yours? Is it low, medium or high?
    If you add in 20+ emails, little bit of other messaging(txt or maybe IM), maybe some kind of streaming; Sirius Radio/Pandora and some Twitter or something like that, you would classify that as heavy for the most part. With my BlackBerry I use around 5GB a month. With my iPhone 4 I use around 12GB a month.
    06-23-11 09:55 AM
    If you add in 20+ emails, little bit of other messaging(txt or maybe IM), maybe some kind of streaming; Sirius Radio/Pandora and some Twitter or something like that, you would classify that as heavy for the most part. With my BlackBerry I use around 5GB a month. With my iPhone 4 I use around 12GB a month.
    12GB? That's crazy. I only have 500mb available with my contract, I don't think I ever went above 1GB even with wifi use.

06-23-11 10:46 AM
    wow, thats impressive! I usually never go above 200MB a month
    06-23-11 11:00 AM
    I really cannot comment on the battery. I rarely go all day without charging. I usually have the device on a charging pod while I'm at my desk.

However, here's a summary of my data/SMS so far this month.

I do not use a lot of SMS.
    06-23-11 11:08 AM
    Heavy.

There's that word again. Is there something wrong with the earth's gravitational force in the future?
    06-23-11 11:32 AM
    Heavy.

There's that word again. Is there something wrong with the earth's gravitational force in the future?
    BTTF! One of my all time favorites
    06-23-11 01:04 PM
    I use Twitter, Facebook and email, all day, is that a heavy user?
    06-23-11 01:40 PM
    Wow CX, that combined is unreal, even to me. I use 10GB a month, pretty consistently. During the week I barely touch it the 8 hours at work though, and there's an hour drive each way. I'll have to get another shot closer to midnight.

06-23-11 06:25 PM
    Here's a clearer picture. I've actually been pretty light in usage so far this month. The data # is always about a day off from reality.

06-23-11 06:45 PM
    To me, heavy usage is defined by remaining battery life at the end of the day.

I am currently at 65% battery. I would estimate it's a lighter than normal day. Normally closer to 50%.
    06-23-11 06:58 PM
    Here is mine.
    06-23-11 07:56 PM
    Here is mine.
    lmao how the **** you use the clock for 40 minutes there dear! lol you counting down til the baby pops out?
    06-23-11 08:24 PM
    lmao how the **** you use the clock for 40 minutes there dear! lol you counting down til the baby pops out?
    LOL!!!! I saw that!!!! I have NO CLUE! All I can think of is that I tinkered with it this morning and must have kept it going or something. I HAVE NO CLUE!!!!!
    06-23-11 08:27 PM
    To me, heavy usage is defined by remaining battery life at the end of the day.

I am currently at 65% battery. I would estimate it's a lighter than normal day. Normally closer to 50%.
    Don't know how you could use battery consumption as a judge. There are far to many contributing factors, and it wouldn't work cross carrier/model at all. Take mine for instance. If there's an OS leak, and 6 friends rejoin some of my groups, my average will shoot way up, though I may have barely touched my phone during that period. Also, I have a 2600mAh battery, so that has to be factored in.

Here is mine.
    Geeze Qbn! You're carrying the BB as much as the baby.
    06-23-11 08:36 PM
    Seeing that my BB is still on OS5...

I had ILoveBlackBerry on my Tour and it said I averaged 6+ hours of constant use per day. I would BBM a lot, log onto the work computer, be on the web browser, process business transactions, about 120 minutes of calls per day (averaged around 3000 minutes used per month), receive around 60+ emails over 9 email accounts, and use GPS.

If it weren't for charging pods and car cradles that charge, I wouldn't make it through one day without needing a charge.
    06-23-11 09:38 PM
    Don't know how you could use battery consumption as a judge. There are far to many contributing factors, and it wouldn't work cross carrier/model at all. Take mine for instance. If there's an OS leak, and 6 friends rejoin some of my groups, my average will shoot way up, though I may have barely touched my phone during that period. Also, I have a 2600mAh battery, so that has to be factored in.

Geeze Qbn! You're carrying the BB as much as the baby.
    +1. I have heavy use, but I almost never drain my battery. I am usually near a charger.

06-23-11 11:16 PM
    The most I've used is 6.7 GB.

06-23-11 11:25 PM
    That's cool Laura! I'll have to see if I can find that on VZW. Far as battery, maybe temperature is a better judge of use...

Here's just before midnight:

06-24-11 12:42 AM
    The usage I showed in my photo was for half of a day but I'm starting to realize I am a heavy user but I'm in no way the heaviest user out there

06-24-11 04:09 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD