i recently got a curve from sprint. this is my 1st blackberry and needless to say i dont know of all that it is capable of. so what do you use yours for??
    02-15-09 04:04 PM
    everything! email, calendar, catching up with news, keeping in touch with people and browser. there are tons of things one can do with a blackberry!

welcome aboard!
    02-15-09 04:09 PM
    Communication: phone-email-mms-sms-aim-google talk-bbm.

Entertainment: youtube-mp3 player-crackberry-spider solitaire.

Banking, ebay, ordering pizza, checking weather, making lists, managing netflix queue.

Plus other things i'm sure.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/top...e-my-bb-79415/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-15-09 at 04:14 PM.
    02-15-09 04:12 PM
    forgot to add that there are tons of applications, games, themes, wallpapers, ringers, etc for you to download onto your blackberry. a lot of them are free and wallpapers/ringers can be found at crackberry and throughout the forum. there's a major thread with tons of great wallpapers that you should check out...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f123/sh...lpapers-32609/

as for applications, it all really depends on what you're looking for. some popular ones are google maps, slacker, viigo, weathereye, etc. hope you find what you need and if you have questions, feel free to ask as there are helpful people here to guide you on feeding your new found addiction!
    02-15-09 04:16 PM
    Check out this list of apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

First site to get on is m.crackberry.com on your bb!
    02-15-09 04:22 PM
    Phone more than anything else. A ton of email. BBM, web browsing,
    PDA function. The only thing I don't do is text (annoys me to no end)
    02-15-09 04:42 PM
    I've only had my curve for a few weeks but I'm using it for so much more than I thought I would. I even canceled my landline to save a little money and only use my bb for phone. I use it to check the weather and my email before even getting out of bed and last week I learned about putting ebooks on it. I'm reading a Dean Koontz novel on it now.

There's a shopping list program called Maratick. At first I didn't think it was that useful but after reading some posts, I took a 2nd look at it. It is so handy, I used it yesterday grocery shopping. You hit the space bar each time you check off an item on the list and it moves it to the bottom of the list.

I had a windshield mounted Garmin that I didn't use much because I was afraid of someone breaking into my car, plus, I didn't really need to use it that often. I sold it on craigslist before getting this phone and the GPS in the phone is great. Tell me is a great app that will search for things by voice command. I can sit on my couch and say "pizza" and it brings up all the pizza places in my area.
    02-15-09 04:53 PM
    Love MaraTick:

MaraTick

Used it today at the market!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 05:03 PM
    You use your BB for living... L.I.V.I.N

02-15-09 05:04 PM
    CrackBerry No.5.

A little bit of everything in my life. Send a few e-mails on the side.
    A little bit of readings' what I need.
    A little bit of Googles what I see.
    A little bit of Messaging, here I am!
    A little bit of Crack makes me a fan.

Last edited by bergerking; 02-15-09 at 05:31 PM.
    02-15-09 05:10 PM
    LOL! So catchy, bergerking! Nice work!

02-15-09 05:13 PM
    Sometimes it comes out that way, thanks!

02-15-09 05:30 PM
    I am a contractor and just picked up Sprint curve 8350i.
    I am in a new world with this thing. I needed to upgrade my phone and just decided on the BB 8350i.
    I use QuickBooks for my entire business and I can save all my estimates in PDF file in Q Books. On the BB I use E Office and have access to my estimates and invoices on job. I have access to word docs from E Office.
    One neat thing is I have access to my PC in house with E Office remote server from anyplace. I use the email all the time and get the email when it is sent, and can reply to customers faster. I have internet access any time.
    E Office lets me also store files on their site and can access them in seconds.
    I like the contacts part and can email in seconds as well. I never felt like powering up laptop on construction site everytime I needed to do something but the BB makes it simple. I am staying with BB for long time.
    Upon editing, I forgot to mention that, yes I do make calls too (lol)
    Last edited by excavator; 02-15-09 at 06:00 PM.
    02-15-09 05:30 PM
    make phone calls most importantly
    02-15-09 05:36 PM
    Its easier to say what don't I use my BB for, and I must say that I can think the only things I really use my PC for these days are for gaming and downloading (from legal sources of course)

02-15-09 05:48 PM
    Just about anything that comes to mind...... I use it for everything I can think of.

02-15-09 05:50 PM
    thanks for all the responses, im still trying to find all the uses of the bb, so far i use the phone, text , email, navi, radio, tv
    also i upgraded the software last night and it kinda lags a little, anyone else have this problem?
    02-15-09 05:52 PM
    CrackBerry No.5.

A little bit of everything in my life. Send a few e-mails on the side.
    A little bit of readings' what I need.
    A little bit of Googles what I see.
    A little bit of Messaging, here I am!
    A little bit of Crack makes me a fan.

love it!
    02-15-09 05:53 PM
    I use it mostly for school, so I use the calendar, task, and memo apps more than anything. I also use it for docs to go, email, texting, viigo, the browser, aim, password keeper, alarm, calculator, TV guide and just about everything elts except for the phone and mms.

02-15-09 05:54 PM
    Ohhh just wait until you find out more of the capabilities. Its amazing.

I use mine for- texting, email, entertainment, maps, games when im bored, mirror (mirror screen protector), flashlight, matching my outfits (with the skins), as an accesorry, my daily calendar, radio on the beach, etc... etc... I can go on forever.(:
    Last edited by AshlynLovesHerBB; 02-15-09 at 06:02 PM. Reason: adding more
    02-15-09 05:56 PM
    I have been using mine for so much more than I thought I would. Obviously email, text messaging, web browsing, calendar, contacts, phone calls but I actually pay attention to the weather and news now. I really love the AP news application, but I'm still searching for the perfect weather application. I just recently became a blackberry user, but I can't imagine living without it.
    02-15-09 06:27 PM
    lately i have been using it for bbm and texting but the calendar,weatherbug, and alarm clock are my lifesaver

also, when traveling bb maps have saved myself a couple of times from getting lost or after getting lost
    02-15-09 06:45 PM
    love it!
    I posted it as a thread, and I'm working on the full version. Thanks!!

02-15-09 06:54 PM
    Well let's see I’m a full time student

So I am always getting emails from my teachers about homework or other things.

Plus my work as well

Oh and friends & family stuff
    02-15-09 06:59 PM
    full time student, full time desktop support tech for the university, and full time crackberry addict. I use it for everything but the phone lol. Email, SMS, MMS, BBM, aim, msn, viigo, slacker radio, facebook, myspace, and everything else cool i hear about on this site.
    02-15-09 07:16 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD