View Poll Results: Which do you MOST in daily communication?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • SMS/MMS

18 33.96%
  • Email

15 28.30%
  • Phone

5 9.43%
  • iMessage

1 1.89%
  • BlackBerry Messenger

10 18.87%
  • Other (Live Profile, WhatsApp, Google Talk)

4 7.55%
    I excitedly signed up for a Google Voice # a few years ago to 1. Get a local number and 2. To enjoy FREE SMS! I dropped my text/picture/video plan and happily saved $20/month for that time. Slowly though not having text became a bit of a hassle.

I had to download the Google Voice app. Ok, that is not a big deal. Except that it is TERRIBLE on BlackBerry. Good on Android (of course). But I've been back on BlackBerry after 10 months on Android and I can't stand the Google Voice app.

That left me to convince my friends and family to download Live Profile. Hey, 9 of them did! Not too shabby. Some didn't want yet another Instant Messenger app, and I fully understand.

So I used LP with some, BBM for 2, email for 1, and for the rest that would SMS my Google Voice number I got the SMS forwarded to my email. The GV app is bad like I mentioned and I didn't bother signing it. I just replied to the SMS that were forwarded my email.

Then the complaints started. Replying to SMS that way would send 2 text to that person with my reply and some junk from Google attached.

So I thought long and hard and added a text plan to my BlackBerry. I STILL think text plans are totally overpriced! But I'm texting up a storm to some friends and family I haven't in those few years.

I realize text is the easiest, most universal medium way to have quick communication on a phone, smart or dumb. Some of my friends had feature phones and I just called them instead. I'm happy to be back to text.

That's my story. And I seem to use text as my most used way to communicate. I use the phone for important or time sensitive info. Email for everything else. I tried email as a way to have conversations threads and it just isn't the same.

What do you guys use the MOST, day to day, to communicate!
    07-01-12 07:50 PM
    Text! (hint hint)
    Chrisy likes this.
    07-01-12 07:54 PM
    Email, text, and whataspp in that order. Email is mostly work related, the other two not so much. Texting is pretty universal since any phone can send/receive without an app and it just plain works.
    07-01-12 07:54 PM
    BBM by far. All my immediate family have this, most of the main people that I work with (personal BB not corporate), and the key vendor reps I work with have BB's still and we use it to communicate.
    07-01-12 08:02 PM
    BBM by far. All my immediate family have this, most of the main people that I work with (personal BB not corporate), and the key vendor reps I work with have BB's still and we use it to communicate.
    Oh how I wish all my friends and family has BBM! I will make it my mission to convert them to BlackBerry 10 for that reason alone!
    mzceetee likes this.
    07-01-12 08:07 PM
    Guess I'm just old fashioned as I still talk more than anything with text a close second.
    07-01-12 08:10 PM
    Guess I'm just old fashioned as I still talk more than anything with text a close second.
    Phone is number 2 for me. I like to hear voices.
    07-01-12 08:13 PM
    Phone is number 2 for me. I like to hear voices.
    ...and are you hearing the voices now...
    07-01-12 08:15 PM
    No, just textises.

EDIT: ha, now I heard you!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-01-12 08:17 PM
    Due to my various interests I have "many" email addresses. I won't tell you the exact number. I chose email.
    07-01-12 08:20 PM
    I use: WhatsApp, email, and SMS, in that order.
    07-01-12 08:21 PM
    Does everyone have unlimited text here? I added the loswest plan.
    07-01-12 08:24 PM
    Yep I have unlimited. I average about 1500 sent/received a month.
    07-01-12 08:27 PM
    I've got the 200 for $5 plan. I use about 30 per month.
    07-01-12 08:29 PM
    Oh how I wish all my friends and family has BBM! I will make it my mission to convert them to BlackBerry 10 for that reason alone!
    My wife is from South Africa so she loves BBM to talk to friends and family there for free, and my boys take what I get for them and I love being able to know when my message is delivered/read to my 17 year old and 13 year old sons so they can't say "I never got it". I'm also lucky that at work that a lot of us use personal Blackberry devices to communicate because we know it is the best for international use. People at work who don't have BB phones ask what they have to do to be part of the group and we say buy a Blackberry. I was hoping to have a BB10 device for this Thanksgiving to convert my mom and dad (iPhone4 and DroidX users) over to BB10. My brother-in-law has a 9800 so I may be able to get my sister to convert, but again I think BB10 is needed and if I don't see her at Thanksgiving then I won't see her again for a while.
    07-01-12 08:38 PM
    I love BBM the best of course. But I'm down to a few still. It still (imo) is the BEST messenger on any phone.
    07-01-12 08:40 PM
    Phone. Call me crazy but I'd much rather hear the person I am communicating
    with than typing back and forth.

By contrast, the form I use the least is SMS. I absolutely despise text messaging
    and just about everyone I know knows the fastest way to get me to ignore them
    is to send me a text message.
    07-01-12 08:43 PM
    I like calling best too. But most times I cannot, unfortunately.
    07-01-12 08:45 PM
    I feel your pain feeling alone, majored of my friends and family have jump ship over the last couple yrs to other devices that drop BBM dropping in numbers..You on a mission-ME_for 2013-miss us being on the same device-BB10...
    07-01-12 08:50 PM
    In a typical day I email, text, and talk on the phone and my 9810 is great for this
    07-01-12 10:49 PM
    I have unlimited SMS. I've had it for over 5 years.

The phone is what I use least. I never liked phone calls, even in the days of landlines. I'll talk to my mom. Everyone else gets an IM, SMS, or email.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    07-01-12 11:49 PM
    Same here, can't stand talking on the phone, much prefer just sending off a quick BBM or text.
    07-01-12 11:53 PM
    I'm on 300 text /month... so I don't use it much. BBM is my most used form of communicating.
    07-01-12 11:59 PM
    I suppose it also depends on who you contact the most.
    07-02-12 06:23 AM
    I do fewer and fewer calls except with my parents who don't have mobiles. I text a bit but even my cheapo call plan comes with 5000 text so I am never going to hit that limit.
    07-02-12 06:26 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD