View Poll Results: Which do you MOST in daily communication?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • SMS/MMS

18 33.96%
  • Email

15 28.30%
  • Phone

5 9.43%
  • iMessage

1 1.89%
  • BlackBerry Messenger

10 18.87%
  • Other (Live Profile, WhatsApp, Google Talk)

4 7.55%
    1. SMS/WhatsApp.
    2. Phone.
    3. Email.
    In that order.
    07-02-12 07:23 AM
    Though IM would be ideal for instant gratification, I voted email, because it's more reliable than the mobile IM clients (other than BBM). Thus, reliable push email is what I value most on a smartphone. (I have unlimited everything except international.) Here are my usage patterns:

1. Immediate family (parents, siblings):

phone (by far the most), followed by some limited texting

2. Business associates:

phone (by far the most), followed by some limited email

3. An international close contact and loved one with whom I communicate extensively (and the most out of all contacts) every day via computer audio and video calls:

email (for most reliability), followed by IM which is reliable only if we are both known to be on and communicating at a given time (my important contact is too poor and/or cheap to have BBM but is at the computer a lot), followed by international texts when necessary to notify ("Hey, turn on your Yahoo!") or when data services in the other country are down. Texts are reasonably reliable when communicating BlackBerry to not-so-smart smartphone with its less than stellar service in the other country. I wish my friend got a BlackBerry (it's available there), especially with the international complication and lack of reliability there, but it's always been a one-sided relationship.
    07-02-12 08:33 AM
    I get bombarded by work email pretty much all the time.
    07-02-12 08:51 AM
    1. Some form of word messaging BBM, SMS, Whatsapp.

2. Phone calls, I use this a lot for important matters.

3. Social networks.

4. Message boards.

5. Emailing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 09:32 AM
    when Driving, my middle finger.
    07-02-12 09:35 AM
    I txt (SMS) a lot. The only people that I prefer to call are those who can't/don't txt. Back when I had my BlackBerry I BBM'd some too...I miss those days :/
    07-02-12 09:50 AM
    So text is in the lead!
    07-02-12 09:58 AM
    SMS/MMS if not then why less should I have a cell phone? Calling people is for landlines, who has those anymore?
    07-02-12 10:06 AM
    I have a landline, and I call people on their landlines all the time (mostly from my cell).
    07-02-12 10:27 AM
    Calling people is for landlines
    This is without a doubt the dumbest things anyone has ever posted
    on this site.

who has those anymore?

... and this is a very close second.
    estro22 likes this.
    07-02-12 10:28 AM
    With loved ones across the pond, no contest....BBM. Then voice. Then text. Then email. Then WhatsApp...got that for some fave peeps on the forum....a small, lovable group.
    07-02-12 10:35 AM
    Text, voice, email.
    07-02-12 10:41 AM
    With loved ones across the pond, no contest....BBM. Then voice. Then text. Then email. Then WhatsApp...got that for some fave peeps on the forum....a small, lovable group.
    I got WhatsApp for a friend of mine who moved to Israel...and then we ended up chatting more over Skype lol. I use so many messengers and each of them only have a handful of people I talk to on them lol. That's why I like solutions like imo.im so I can combine all those.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-02-12 10:42 AM
    I got WhatsApp for a friend of mine who moved to Israel...and then we ended up chatting more over Skype lol. I use so many messengers and each of them only have a handful of people I talk to on them lol. That's why I like solutions like imo.im so I can combine all those.
    Never saw this before but will give it a try. I've been using Trillian but alternatives
    are always nice to have.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-02-12 10:53 AM
    Never saw this before but will give it a try. I've been using Trillian but alternatives
    are always nice to have.
    Let me know how you like it! I have 3-5 messengers going at any given time, they stay connected fairly well (AIM disconnects sometimes), the UI is nice and intuitive, and it's not a battery drain.
    Speedygi likes this.
    07-02-12 10:56 AM
    are always nice to have.
    I thought you hated texts! How are Instant Messengers different for you?

Just curious
    07-02-12 11:02 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD