What do you guys think of the Pearl 8110? And the Curve 8310? I could get the pearl for $70 or the Curve for $100.
    06-19-08 11:31 AM
    Curve FTW! The qwerty keyboard rocks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 11:33 AM
    So you think I should get it?
    06-19-08 11:35 AM
    Definately the Curve. I had the Pearl for 2 weeks then traded for the Curve (mostly b/c the Pearl kept erasing everything) and love love love it.
    06-19-08 11:35 AM
    Definately the Curve. I had the Pearl for 2 weeks then traded for the Curve (mostly b/c the Pearl kept erasing everything) and love love love it.
    Ok I think i might check it out then. I found one on craigslist for $100. What do you guys think of buying phones on craigslist?
    06-19-08 11:39 AM
    Definitely get the Curve. It is worth the $30 extra.

06-19-08 11:40 AM
    I just switched to the Curve from the Pearl. and its worth the extra money. Get it.
    06-19-08 11:42 AM
    I just switched to the Curve from the Pearl. and its worth the extra money. Get it.
    Ok once I get my next paycheck, which will be tomorrow, I'll contact the guy and ask to check it out and play with it. I have a question. If I get the curve from the guy I won't have any problems getting to use it on my AT&T plan. It is an att curve. All I would have to do is put my sim card in it and it should be fine right?
    06-19-08 11:45 AM
    Be VERY wary of phones sold on CL. I've seen 50 phones with the plates of a more expensive phone and sold for 200. Make sure you turn it on, check for the gps etc

06-19-08 11:46 AM
    Be VERY wary of phones sold on CL. I've seen 50 phones with the plates of a more expensive phone and sold for 200. Make sure you turn it on, check for the gps etc

Should I take the plates off and check? What would I look for? How do i check for gps? What else should i look for?

You may be right this seems a little to good to be true.
    06-19-08 11:53 AM
    Nevermind the listing for the Curve seems to have disapeared?

Now I am sad.
    Last edited by iGuitar; 06-19-08 at 12:14 PM.
    06-19-08 12:09 PM
    meh..I dont' like predictive texting, so the pearl wouldn't work for me.. full qwerty baby
    06-19-08 12:19 PM
    I just had to decide between the pearl 8130 and the curve 8330. The only real difference between the models is the size and keyboard. I went to the store and tried them both, found out that SureType is great and went with the pearl. No complaints so far. I would try them both and see which one you are more comfortable with. That's the only real way to decide.

06-19-08 01:19 PM
    I've got a pearl from work and I hate the keyboard and playing games sucks with it too because the keys are so close together. I would buy a curve but I think I am just going to wait for the new one to come out from ATT and get that.
    06-19-08 01:21 PM
    I've got a pearl from work and I hate the keyboard and playing games sucks with it too because the keys are so close together. I would buy a curve but I think I am just going to wait for the new one to come out from ATT and get that.
    Ahh, well I actually like the Pearl. But I would like a real qwerty keyboard better. I tried my friend's peral and I did like it but a qwerty would be better
    06-19-08 01:39 PM
    I like the Pearl better than the Curve. It has a smaller form factor, and I really like Suretype. I've had no problem adjusting to it. Obviously, other people differ, so I'd suggest you go to an ATT store and play with both. Then go with the one that works better for you.

"Proudly posted from my Blackberry Pearl 8120"
    06-19-08 01:45 PM
    I like the Pearl better than the Curve. It has a smaller form factor, and I really like Suretype. I've had no problem adjusting to it. Obviously, other people differ, so I'd suggest you go to an ATT store and play with both. Then go with the one that works better for you.

"Proudly posted from my Blackberry Pearl 8120"
    Well I have played with a pearl and I like them so I think i might call the guy up and buy the pearl. What have I got to lose? I want a bold but it's only $70 and I still will be able to get the bold. I got enough money.
    06-19-08 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD