I feel like my life is so lost with how I'm using my sd card..
    I have a Passport and currently have a 32 GB sd card which only contains 1GB of media files.. on top of that I have it encrypted so I can't back it up.

Should I just have my media in my phone and use the sd card for something else?
    Also, what is it that you guys keep in your sd cards?
    12-01-15 11:55 PM
    Videos, music, and 1,000's of documents (both work and personal).

Edit: some of the documents cannot be viewed on my Passport (eg MS Project files), the SD Card makes my Passport an even better portable storage device....
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 12-02-15 at 12:24 AM.
    12-02-15 12:00 AM
    70% of my SD card is all music, that's because I don't use streaming as internet connection is terrible.
    NephrenKa667 likes this.
    12-02-15 12:10 AM
    Lots of notes in word documents with descriptive names so I can search for different topics quickly using Universal Search feature.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    12-02-15 12:13 AM
    Do you guys encrypt your sd cards?
    12-02-15 12:17 AM
    Do you guys encrypt your sd cards?
    Definitely! Lots of confidential documents on my SD Card (both work and personal).
    12-02-15 12:22 AM
    Definitely! Lots of confidential documents on my SD Card (both work and personal).
    How do you backup your files? If I am not mistaken, you cannot recover the information in your sd card from another phone or computer?
    12-02-15 12:28 AM
    How do you backup your files? If I am not mistaken, you cannot recover the information in your sd card from another phone or computer?
    Periodic 'drag and drop' onto one of my servers.... works ok for me. I definitely have to do this when switching phones, as even though I use the same device passwords, the SD Card from one phone will never be automatically accessible on the new phone (so I 'drag and drop' to a server, format the SD Card in the new phone, and 'drag and drop' back).
    12-02-15 12:52 AM
    Everything that can be stored on my SD card (32 gigs) goes there.
    The remaining which for the most part consists of apps exe/apk/sys files and a few "locked" personal stuff that cannot be parked on the card due to app or os limitations, are on my internal memory.

Z30, STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    12-02-15 01:04 AM
    My life lol.

Seriously : music for the most part.

From Passport with love and bb10.3.2.2474
    12-02-15 01:24 AM
    So many of you with music.. I literally might do this, but I have so much music I'd want to have and some I can't because they aren't available for download, legally or illegally, lol.

Periodic 'drag and drop' onto one of my servers.... works ok for me. I definitely have to do this when switching phones, as even though I use the same device passwords, the SD Card from one phone will never be automatically accessible on the new phone (so I 'drag and drop' to a server, format the SD Card in the new phone, and 'drag and drop' back).
    When I drag and drop onto my computer, the files don't decrypt, I can't even view them in the file explorer as its no longer part of the BlackBerry OS. Is there a way to backup the SD card, but for the encryption not to hold?

Posted via my Expired Passport
    12-02-15 01:58 AM
    When I drag and drop onto my computer, the files don't decrypt, I can't even view them in the file explorer as its no longer part of the BlackBerry OS. Is there a way to backup the SD card, but for the encryption not to hold?

Not sure - works ok for me....

When you connect via Link (which is otherwise rubbish IMHO as I haven't been able to perform a backup for months and months.....), does it ask you for your device password twice and then open up 2 x Windows Explorer windows (eg one for the device, and one for the SD Card)?
    12-02-15 02:58 AM
    Not sure - works ok for me....

When you connect via Link (which is otherwise rubbish IMHO as I haven't been able to perform a backup for months and months.....), does it ask you for your device password twice and then open up 2 x Windows Explorer windows (eg one for the device, and one for the SD Card)?
    It asks for my device password only, it doesn't open up the Explorer automatically. Though, I went into Windows Explorer on my own, while Link was connected, and was able to view the media files on my computer. I thought it was because of the wifi connection but I disabled it and it worked still. Guess that solves that issue, thanks. Guess I'll do drag and drop that way to back up my media.

BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-02-15 04:24 AM
    Music, movies and camera is directed to save photos and videos on it

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 04:34 AM
    Music and pictures. Nothing else.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless (for now)
    12-02-15 05:37 AM
    Everything is saved on my SD card phone memory is empty

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 05:42 AM
    Everything that is important to me is on my Q10's 32gb sd card: pictures, documents, and videos. No music, because I just stream that.

I automatically sync everything with my laptop using BlackBerry Link. That's my backup strategy. If my laptop's hard drive dies, I have a backup of everything right in my pocket. Were my Q10 to get lost or stolen, I'd still have all my data on my laptop to just load onto my next Q10 or Passport sd card. Of course, encryption of my Q10 and its sd card is ON.
    12-02-15 07:01 PM
    I found that SD card is not safe enough, I have a 8gb sd card, it died suddenly for no reason, tried opening it on PC and on other phone, cant retrieve at all. It isnt being detected. Luckily I didnt save my photos and docs in it, only music is gone.
    12-02-15 07:11 PM
    I have over 30Gb of videos, music and pictures on my card.
    12-02-15 08:40 PM
    I found that SD card is not safe enough, I have a 8gb sd card, it died suddenly for no reason, tried opening it on PC and on other phone, cant retrieve at all. It isnt being detected. Luckily I didnt save my photos and docs in it, only music is gone.
    Card quality is not really there yet, even with brand name ones... :-(

I've been there, too... now regular backup from phone internal memory to card and PC.

:-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    12-02-15 09:35 PM
    So what I'm hearing is that you all back up through drag and drop with Link connected, but through Windows Explorer? Now I need to download stuff to keep in my SD card.

12-02-15 11:17 PM
    Music, Videos, photos, docs, maps and basically anything that can be loaded on my sd card. However I am having issues decrypting it since I had encrypted it before the last os update. Some people say I should be able to decrypt while others say it's not possible. Good thing I still love my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 11:30 PM
    Music,ringtones,,videos and pictures and apk files .I have 32 gb card.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-03-15 09:05 PM