As we all know the blackberry 10 is will not be available on blackberry 7 devices.

Do you think we'll get a blackberry 8 type update? (like the 5.0 update on the older devices or 6.0) I'm hoping something along the lines of this will happen! Maybe even with a facelift on the stock theme ( like they did with ls 4.7) to something similar to blackberry 10?

Because these devices will have only been out for a year when blackberry 10 finally launches and the idea of be left behind isn't something I'm looking forward to and I'm sure plenty of you feel the same way
    05-18-12 02:18 AM
    Not a chance. > BB10.
    05-18-12 06:20 AM
    No but 7.x will probably
    05-18-12 06:25 AM
    Updates will be many but I don't think there will be a drastic one. What's wrong with OS7 anyway? If I could I would get a OS5 today theme for my 9900.
    05-18-12 06:28 AM
    I thought I remember reading somewhere that OS 7.X was the very last of this aging BB OS - no more big updates?

I have a 9900 as well, and am very curious as to what happens with BB10 phones! Since work provides me with this 9900, I'm effectively 'stuck' with it until they revise standards &/or this one breaks (could be YEARS!). I will be jealous of BB10 phone owners, if the new platform turns out to be a hit - no doubt about it!

At least though - I own a PlayBook, so I can look forward to the BB10 update for it alone, whenever that happens. Early 2013... maybe?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-18-12 08:01 AM
    I'm pretty sure we won't see anything significant. I'm 'stuck' with my 9900 too, because I bought it and like it just as it is and use it exactly as I had planned. Oh God the horror. Can't think of anything I'd really want to add to it, which is why I'm not chomping at the bit for BB10.
    05-18-12 08:11 AM
    I use my 9900 mostly as a phone now that I have the playbook. I use it to respond to email on the go, but I have very few apps. mostly google maps, and poynt bridged to my PB If maggelan works out it will put me down to only poynt. I also use it as a camera because it has the same resolution as the PB its smaller and has a flash. I saw someone the other day holding up thier IPAD to take a piucture, and I thought why dont you just use your phone or a point and shoot. much better resolution, and beside people behind you need to see the show too.

so the 7.1 I have is fine. I like it, no hurry to change to a BB10 phone yet.
    05-18-12 08:25 AM
    BB OS & 7

Playbook OS 1 (BBOS8)
    Playbook OS 2.0 (BBOS9)

BB10

Don't expect anything huge another than 7.xx.x
    Unless the HTML5 side of apps takes off in the near future they probably won't bother with an OS upgrade. BB10 is their front from August out, with Playbook being of equal or lesser concern. As others have input, what's wrong with 7.1? Still does as much if not more than all the other phones out there. Everyone's just now getting to NFC, Blackberry has already had it (and put it in consumers hands all over the world). In all honesty Blackberry (RIMM) is a company that loves to "Seed" it's products. And it is what's made them successful in so many consumer markets. When the new phones from the competition comes touting NFC capabilities, Blackberry will still be seeding it's phones for cheap and attacking early. As NFC grows, Blackberry will have two OS's that not only talk well to each other but are both NFC capable essentially creating a "Low end" and "High end" spectrum of Blackberry products for consumers that sets the bar high in terms of connectivity.
    05-18-12 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD