Two companies that have no clue about mobile devices. A match made in heaven.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-14-16 12:01 PM
    A better idea would be to make a Universal Hub+ app suite that people could use on mobile, tablet, or laptop. It's fate wouldn't depend on the fate of Windows mobile. I don't know if there would be interest in Hub+ on laptops etc but it's something to think about.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    09-14-16 12:08 PM
    A better idea would be to make a Universal Hub+ app suite that people could use on mobile, tablet, or laptop. It's fate wouldn't depend on the fate of Windows mobile. I don't know if there would be interest in Hub+ on laptops etc but it's something to think about.
    Yes. Absolutely!!! Now that they have officially killed "Blend" but ported the Hub to Android, they should absolutely do this if they really want to do something great with their software. Bringing their Hub to iOS would be a logical step along the way also.

A truly cross-platform, fully integrated Hub would be brilliant and I sincerely hope that BlackBerry is the first to do it. If not, for any truly ambitious developer, there is your billion dollar idea.
    09-14-16 12:55 PM
    Just a matter of trying to make things "simple" for developer and prevent the Android "market" from fracturing too much (or more than it has already).

But I doubt anyone had a screen like the Passport's in mind when they came up with those rules....
    Probably not. And I equally doubt that anyone other than BlackBerry would consider making the Passport. =)
    09-14-16 01:56 PM
    Well, Microsoft has added a lot of mobile features to laptops (Airplane Mode, Rotate Screen), so I could see it. With Continuum, perhaps BlackBerry would consider making it (if Android Hub+ is successful of course).
    09-14-16 01:58 PM
    To be correct, the Google Play license doesn't allow square screens, because the app development environment doesn't support that screen layout, and the license is to help protect, among other things, the best interests of the hundreds of thousands of app developers that develop for the Play Store.

BB signed this license in order to get access to Google Play, and must comply with it going forward for any Android phone* they make.

*This includes any new phone that contains any Android code - if it contains Android code, it must be fully compliant with the license terms. Nothing prevents BB from making a phone with a non-Android OS (BB10 [with no Android runtime], WinPhone, Tizen, Sailfish, etc.) in whatever ratio they like.
    Discrimination...! Where is the BBCLU? ;-P

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-16-16 03:28 AM
    Probably not. And I equally doubt that anyone other than BlackBerry would consider making the Passport. =)
    A Passport-based Surface Phone with x86-64 would be the most awesome killa device eva made... ;-))))

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-16-16 03:30 AM
    Like pouring money to bonfire

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-16-16 09:44 AM
    No advantage to this combination. Blackberry and Blackphone would be a good combination.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 09:58 AM
    A Passport-based Surface Phone with x86-64 would be the most awesome killa device eva made... ;-))))
    If you think Google is discriminatory when it comes to hardware, you've obviously never read MS's restrictions. There are only a handful of approved hardware configurations. MS faces the same driver costs as BB10 did, so like BB10, they heavily restricted not only the chipsets, but nearly every aspect of the hardware, including resolutions and screen ratios. You won't find 1:1 ratios there either...
    JeepBB and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-16-16 12:56 PM
    Samsung couldn't sell windows phones, and u want BlackBerry to sell them??? Lol guess people still don't see how tarnished the brand is with the public

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 02:06 PM
    Aggghhh! Nooooo! Please no!

I must say that I have never spent time properly evaluating a Windows phone, but if it is anything comparable with my personal experiences with Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 on a PC: bugs, hidden menu functions, broken links, crashes, incompatibilities, and a supremely scattered user interface, it is just a plain bad idea.

Every session on my laptop makes me cringe and many times I end up completing the task on the Z30 instead. A hardware engineer would be fired for that level of quality control.

Someone please tell me that the Windows Phone experience is not as terrible as I imagine.

Q10  OS 10.3.1.2474  Z30
    09-16-16 02:28 PM
    What problem would it solve?
    JeepBB and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    09-16-16 03:42 PM
    I must say that I have never spent time properly evaluating a Windows phone, but if it is anything comparable with my personal experiences with Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 on a PC: bugs, hidden menu functions, broken links, crashes, incompatibilities, and a supremely scattered user interface, it is just a plain bad idea. Every session on my laptop makes me cringe and many times I end up completing the task on the Z30 instead. A hardware engineer would be fired for that level of quality control.

Someone please tell me that the Windows Phone experience is not as terrible as I imagine.
    Its not...but since you seem to hate the desktop systems as well I would stay clear. Get an iPhone to go with your MacBook.
    09-16-16 04:41 PM
    I has a windows phone. It was a basic beginner so a bit sluggish, but I can imagine that the higher end ones are decent. No hub on them though. If you like hub and BlackBerry stops making hardware, go with android BlackBerry phones

Passport!
    09-16-16 04:52 PM
    Totally agree

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport 
    09-16-16 05:03 PM
    Its not...but since you seem to hate the desktop systems as well I would stay clear. Get an iPhone to go with your MacBook.
    Hahaha. I will accept your word that it's better on a mobile. But as for iPhones and MacBooks, there are none in our family. We are BlackBerry through and through, including a new Priv. If BB10 were available on a PC, that would be my choice.

09-17-16 08:24 PM
    LOL what? Why would one jump to another sinking ship?

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 Phone
    Plus 1
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-17-16 08:35 PM
    The key factor in BB10's demise was the lack of apps. Jumping to Windows (an OS with the same issue of lack of apps) would not be a sound decision on BlackBerry's part.
    09-18-16 10:33 AM
    If you think Google is discriminatory when it comes to hardware, you've obviously never read MS's restrictions. There are only a handful of approved hardware configurations. MS faces the same driver costs as BB10 did, so like BB10, they heavily restricted not only the chipsets, but nearly every aspect of the hardware, including resolutions and screen ratios. You won't find 1:1 ratios there either...
    It's just a dreaM Setup, regardless of what self-inflicted hardware restrictions they've bound theMSelves to... :-)

09-18-16 03:15 PM
    A blackberry windows phone would have to be better than the upcoming hp elite x3, which looks impressive and is geared towards the enterprise market and security.

Passport!
    09-18-16 10:49 PM

It isn't. There have been some growing pains going from 8 to 8.1 to 10, but the Lumia 920 and 1520 are great devices and Microsoft is very good about pushing out updates.

Posted via CB10
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    09-19-16 08:06 AM
    awful idea.
    Microsoft are the main competition for Blackberry
    09-20-16 04:25 AM
    It's worst than BB10 phones made by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 09:46 PM
    And people said that My Amazon/BlackBerry idea was awful lol

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 07:48 PM
52 123