I always hear things about people being addicted to their phone and what not. But for those of you who use your phones for things outside the realm of making phone calls and texting, what else do you do with your phone?
    Just curious
    I bought my 8900 primarily for day trading on the go.
    08-03-09 01:16 AM
    Everything. I get all my sports scores with Score Mobile, I can check Facebook messages, check the upcoming weather, BBM with whoever I need to, check the crackberry forums if i'm bored at work, and basically use it as a multi-purpose communication tool.
    08-03-09 01:36 AM
    i strictly use mine for texting and browsing the web (crackberry mostly)...
    08-03-09 01:37 AM
    Texting, web, calendar, email, chat, news, social networking, addresses, etc. My blackberry doesn't rule my life but it does play a big part in the organization and planning of my life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 01:40 AM
    Main reasons are:
    - Always on internet (I tend to keep some IM apps open w/ people I know from work, friends, family)
    - Battery life with said "always on internet"
    - Push Email (yes, I know there are other options on other platforms, but this again ties into the battery life/always on).

Basically tie the above together. It just makes life easier overall. Plus I'm always getting news stuff sent to me.
    08-03-09 01:40 AM
    Morning routine:

Turn off BB alarm.
    Roll over and pick up BB.
    Check messages. Email/SMS/MMS etc.
    Check UberTwitter and post "Good morning, world "
    Check Facebook and reply to people's wall posts.
    Open BeejiveIM.
    Open Viigo and read the day's news.
    Get out of bed.

Not only that, but I feel as if I'm connected to the world the entire day. It's a great feeling to have knowing you have a communication outlet waiting at your fingertips.
    08-03-09 02:04 AM
    I use all of the following alot throughout my daily life.

BB alarm clock, Calendar (has been the best organization tool!), 2 e-mail accounts on the go is convenient, texting, AIM, myspace, facebook, news, weather, having wikipedia on the go is awesome, and just having access to the mobile web when I'm out is convenient.
    08-03-09 02:15 AM
    1st I know the OP said besides Phone Calls & E-mail - txting But that's what I use my 8330m/4.5.0.131 on the Sprint for the most.

2nd would be the calendar I am a coach I have. 13 y/o son who is rugby, football, and MMA so its nice to have practices, meetsing & games listed Dr. Appts. Ect.

3rd Social Networking to many to list including I'm clients....

4th weather & trafic updates

5th sports scores, transactions, news....

6th Flashlight

7th I use the camera just a lil, but keep photos of the fam on there to boast to fam n friends..

8th Mp3 player

9th docs to go word n excels mostly but word pad and taks I also use. As well as voice Recorder

10 beyond 411, Goggle maps, sprint Nav, Tell Me for lookin up ph#'s. And directions and movie info ect.

Its my PDA

08-03-09 05:19 AM
    Only had my Curve around 3 months or so.
    Surf the web
    Update Facebook
    Track meals and workouts
    Play games
    Look up medications at work

08-03-09 05:55 AM
    Keep my grocery list on MaraTick
    Listen to podcasts at work with PodTrapper all am
    Listen to ESPN980 on my phone with one simple call and I'm never away from training camp live reports for my Skins!
    Email
    I carry my .ppts on my media card for professional development presentations (I'm a trainer)
    It's my mp3 player now...on my walks and in my car with an aux cable (dumped my ipod)
    Blackberry Messenger...enuf said! (I am also playing fantasy football over BBM!)
    Did I mention that I like to shop?...QVC to go baby!
    08-03-09 06:13 AM
    I am cooking sausage and pancakes on mine as I post this. Lol. But seriously, I post to my blog, check All my email, schedule events, keep tab of my stocks (which have really tanked in the past couple of years), listen to streaming radio and play games in my downtime. Of course I Tweet, message my friends, and take pictures, as well as keep track of the weather and the TV listings. I travel a lot for business, and more often that not, I tether to my laptop to get internet. Beats trying to find a Wi-Fi signal all the time, and since I have the unlimited plan with T-Mobile it works out great. Question I guess would be, what CAN'T you do with your BlackBerry, aside from making breakfast, of course.

Edit:
    Look up medications at work

Ah yes, I forgot that one. I am a Pharm. Tech. It comes in VERY handy for looking up meds.
    Last edited by skyline247; 08-03-09 at 06:39 AM.
    08-03-09 06:24 AM
    Yeah , I use to check email,weather,sports breaking news,lottery,sometimes take pics when other camera not around,and then just mobile web surfing thoughout day but that varies day to day.
    08-03-09 06:26 AM
    @sawedust Our rountine is exactly the same! Is that sad we just wake and berry?! Lol
    08-03-09 06:37 AM
    I'd be screwed without my 8900.

I use it to keep appointments, reminders, it's my alarm clock, web surfing, tracking packages, instant business and personal email responses, social networking, watching movies, music, taking and sending video and pics, and of course taking calls/texts from my staff members, family and friends.

Wish the 8900 keyboard was as good as my old 8830WE.

Oh, I also use it to post to my google blog, upload videos to youtube, and upload pics to picasaweb. I also use it as my home phone via UMA.

The 8900 is a **** of a device.

Posted from my CrackBerry 8900 at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Zaakir Abdullah; 08-03-09 at 07:28 AM.
    08-03-09 07:16 AM
    Wow, the mods here are lame. Can't believe they filter the word H E double L! lol.

08-03-09 07:31 AM
    It's not that I am constantly on mine. It is just that I always have it with me. With Facebook, Ubertwitter, and everything else, I feel like I am always connected.
    08-03-09 07:40 AM
    anything and everything.
    08-03-09 07:41 AM
    Email, Twitter, Facebook, Web, Appointments. Lots of stuff!
    08-03-09 07:56 AM
    I use the PIM quite a bit (calendar, To Do's, contacts) but along with that I have FaceBook (occasional use), Yahoo Go! to check news and weather, Mobile versions of MLB.com and my favorite MLB Team so I keep up with scores and such, Audible (to listen to audio books), Docs To Go (use extensively) and Google Voice client
    08-03-09 08:15 AM
    phone calls.
    sms/mms.
    internet: FB, myspace, CB & d2jsp.
    BBM.
    camera.
    flashlight.
    mp3 player.
    08-03-09 08:21 AM
    sports, web, email, texting, very few phone calls oddly enough. radio, games while in boring meetings. its my life. i dont know what i would do without it.
    08-03-09 08:38 AM
    One of the coolest things I do with my Tour is listen to Slacker Radio through my car speakers! I have a 2002 Accord and it has a cassette deck so I purchased one of those cassette adapters and connect my phone to the radio. It's like having XM radio in the car for FREE!! I love it!

Also use the camera alot along with FB, Twitter, Crackberry (all the time!) and lots of sports apps.

Love my BB!!
    08-03-09 09:04 AM
    Uses for my BB

1.Facebook
    2.Myspace
    3.BBM(BEST THING EVER)
    4.Other chat apps(AIM,MSN,YAHOO)
    5.Youtube
    6.MP3 Player for gym(and radio as my car, hook it up via 3.5MM)
    7.Web browsing (everyday)
    8.Email
    9.Mobile Banking
    10.Games(ka-glom is free and awesome)
    11.Tethering
    12. Sport scores (gotta keep track of the ATL BRAVES)

and the usual 10k+ texts and my few phone calls per month!
    08-03-09 09:19 AM
    Photos, video, texting, IM, email, web browsing, phone calls, social networking, mp3 player, access to news, I have a bible app so I don't need a actuall book, etc etc etc

08-03-09 09:50 AM
    Let's see:
    Txt message
    Email - 2 accounts
    Chat - yahoo
    Facebook - I use my camera a lot for this.
    Iheartradio
    Sprint tv
    TellMe - this app rocks

I'm in IT so its important to stay connected. Lol not that any of this is for work. I have a seperate BB for that. Company issued. So, double blackberries...double true! :P

08-03-09 09:56 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD