Unfortunately an ebay seller is really making me frustrated. I'm still waiting for a blackberry curve 8330, hasn't shipped yet and i paid for it August 19th. I already made a claim on paypal seeing as how it took this long.

If the seller is a 99.2% 10,000 plus feedback ebayer, but won't respond to ebay messages or emails and my item hasn't shipped yet, what should i do? Do i continue waiting it out with no blackberry, or do i buy from another ebayer and just demand my money back whether or not the blackberry from the first person shows up?

What do i do if both blackberries show up? What do i do if paypal finds it in my favor (most likely since i'm the buyer) and then the blackberry shows up? Do I tell him that he must paypal the shipping money for me to send it back since she took so long shipping it to me?
    08-29-09 02:43 PM
    Wait for paypal to handle the dispute.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 02:46 PM
    Gotta be frustrating, with that high of a rating, the seller probably had an emergency of some sort. It does happen, make a claim with PayPal and lets hope the seller is okay.
    08-29-09 02:50 PM
    Wait for paypal to handle the dispute.

Yep, PayPal is your friend. The seller has probably linked their PayPal to eBay so they're sharing info. If you file a claim then it's going to go your way.

Don't pay any attention to the seller or their feedback, this is just business. If they mess with you just play the game and get your money back. Also leave some negative feedback on eBay for them.
    08-29-09 03:21 PM
    call their number in nebraska they are very friendly n fast its on the site
    08-29-09 03:25 PM
    On eBay file an item not received claim. You will get your money back if the seller cannot prove that they shipped it to you.

08-29-09 03:42 PM
    Hmmm, well the only problem is i need this phone by next weekend and if I have to order another then I have to have it done by tomorrow night in order for it to be here by Friday.

This is very frustrating...

*EDIT*

The reason i know my item hasn't shipped is he printed out a shipping label and gave me a tracking number a day after i won the blackberry. It still says my item hasn't shipped though.

The seller has been on ebay since I've left all my messages, he replied back to a few people who left bad feedback a day after i sent messages to him. My messages have not been answered. I even got contact with another person who purchased another curve 8330 from the seller and he/she hasn't received their blackberry either.
    Last edited by X24; 08-29-09 at 03:54 PM.
    08-29-09 03:44 PM
    most likely he will not be sending you the item. you will need to wait for paypal to get you your money back. it would probably be safe to order another one without worrying about receiving two of them since he has not responded to any of your messages. its a good thing you paid with paypal. good luck.
    08-29-09 04:10 PM
    most likely he will not be sending you the item. you will need to wait for paypal to get you your money back. it would probably be safe to order another one without worrying about receiving two of them since he has not responded to any of your messages. its a good thing you paid with paypal. good luck.
    You seem to be the only one that thinks this is the way to go right now...I'm just worried if i get 2 of them I might end up out $100.
    08-29-09 04:20 PM
    i would feel horrible if you ended up paying for two of them but since you paid for the item on aug 19th and it hasnt shipped along with the seller ignoring you im going to assume its safe to say that he isnt sending it. also, since you opened a claim with paypal, they will take care of you and get you your money back. ive been through this before and its a pain but itll work out. besides, you did say that you needed the phone.
    08-29-09 04:23 PM
    If you need the phone, like really really need it, then you'll buy another. You still need to have time to set it up & configure it to your needs. Order now!

08-29-09 04:30 PM
    If he printed out a shipping label and gave you a tracking number , it seems that he intended to ship the phone to you. I don't get why he would pay for shipping, yet not ship the item.

Sounds like he's a power seller who moves a lot of product on a daily basis and mixed up orders or something along those lines.

The fact that he isn't communicating with you doesn't make any sense. For that, I would leave him negative feedback, even if you eventually do get the phone.

You can buy from another seller, just make sure they have some kind of return policy just in case you do in fact receive the first one you bought. That way all you would have to do is pay to ship the second phone back.
    08-29-09 05:10 PM
    If you do end up with 2 you can always sell one back on ebay

08-30-09 03:52 AM
    The reason i know my item hasn't shipped is he printed out a shipping label and gave me a tracking number a day after i won the blackberry. It still says my item hasn't shipped though.
    Did you pay using your credit card through PayPal? If you did, you can start the chargeback process. If you paid with your debit card or bank account, explain your situation in detail and find out what kind of buyer protection your bank offers. They're usually pretty good about helping you out.

I encourage you to start that immediately because of the above phrase I quoted. One of the things Ebay/Paypal is going to ask the seller for is that tracking number. Unless they've tighten up, they're not really going to care that it says it hasn't shipped, as long as its valid (or appears valid, you can be scammed through tracking numbers, too) because some tracking systems are flawed, especially the USPS system where, sometimes, you're more likely to receive your item BEFORE your tracking information is updated.

When you put in the tracking number, what does it say exactly? What method of shipping is it? USPS? UPS? FedEx? Other? If it's USPS, does it say something to this effect:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 22, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

While you can hope Ebay/PayPal will side in your favor (and I'm not saying they won't), you might want to take more action to recover your money. Paypal is NOT the end all. You don't have to wait on them to make a decision about YOUR money. I had a similar problem and ended up wasting a lot of time with Ebay, when I should've just went to my CC company in the beginning.
    08-30-09 05:00 AM
    Did you pay using your credit card through PayPal? If you did, you can start the chargeback process. If you paid with your debit card or bank account, explain your situation in detail and find out what kind of buyer protection your bank offers. They're usually pretty good about helping you out.

I encourage you to start that immediately because of the above phrase I quoted. One of the things Ebay/Paypal is going to ask the seller for is that tracking number. Unless they've tighten up, they're not really going to care that it says it hasn't shipped, as long as its valid (or appears valid, you can be scammed through tracking numbers, too) because some tracking systems are flawed, especially the USPS system where, sometimes, you're more likely to receive your item BEFORE your tracking information is updated.

When you put in the tracking number, what does it say exactly? What method of shipping is it? USPS? UPS? FedEx? Other? If it's USPS, does it say something to this effect:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 22, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

While you can hope Ebay/PayPal will side in your favor (and I'm not saying they won't), you might want to take more action to recover your money. Paypal is NOT the end all. You don't have to wait on them to make a decision about YOUR money. I had a similar problem and ended up wasting a lot of time with Ebay, when I should've just went to my CC company in the beginning.

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 21, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

Thats what it says pretty much.

9 days have gone by since the expected shipping date. I paid with a debit card. I'll see what i can do through my bank Monday when it opens.
    08-30-09 09:56 AM
    "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 21, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

Thats what it says pretty much.

9 days have gone by since the expected shipping date. I paid with a debit card. I'll see what i can do through my bank Monday when it opens.
    There is your problem. USPS is not UPS. All this means is that the seller printed out a shipping label. It may have been mailed or it may not have. It is 9 days since the 21st but that includes 3 weekend days. My experience with USPS is that it can take 7 to 10 weekdays to get a package. It could very well show up on Monday thru Wednesday.

Unfortunately the only way you can know is if the package shows up or for the seller to contact you.
    08-30-09 12:05 PM
    My experience with the US Postal service when they have that message on the tracking website is that I don't get notified at all when it's on the way ---it just shows up in my mailbox. And as the other poster said, it can take 7-10 days to receive especially if not sent priority. Tomorrow is the 31st...

So that may be the case. The lack of communication to you from the seller is not good, though in any case.
    08-30-09 12:14 PM
    Whats this ebay sellers username
    08-30-09 12:35 PM
    floydpinkbell77 is his name.

Also a third person who purchased a similar blackberry curve 8330 from this seller left negative feedback that he hasn't gotten his item.
    Last edited by X24; 08-30-09 at 01:54 PM.
    08-30-09 01:25 PM
    floydpinkbell77 is his name.

Also a third person who purchased a similar blackberry curve 8330 from this seller left negative feedback that he hasn't gotten his item.
    Ya his recent feed back looks like he is on his way out. I can give you a sellers name that I have bought many phones on ebay. They have accurate descriptions and honor their 30 return policy.

Let me know if you would like it
    08-30-09 02:06 PM
    Thanks NADA, I suppose I'm stuck waiting this week for something to happen, If you PM me the seller's name I'll check him out if it comes down to me not getting the phone this week.
    08-30-09 02:21 PM
    If he printed out a shipping label and gave you a tracking number , it seems that he intended to ship the phone to you. I don't get why he would pay for shipping, yet not ship the item.
    Perhaps because it's cheaper to buy a $4 (or whatever Priority is now) label than it is to stock product that costs quite a bit more.

It's entirely possible that he's had an emergency. It may also be that he has no intention of ever shipping the product (based on the replies to bad feedback, but not to the inquiries concerning product paid for and not received), and is just paying out $20 for a bunch of labels, and not producing product paid for.

Good luck. If you paid via credit card, start the chargeback process.
    08-30-09 02:32 PM
    wow he must have like died. or has sumthing wrong. that rating is good.

It's what makes this so frustrating and making me tentative to order another one until I'm sure it's not coming.
    08-30-09 08:13 PM
    Good news for me I suppose. I called paypal and they said that since the tracking number provided hasn't shown a shipped package that, in a rough estimate of 1-2 days, I should have my money back.

I guess time to order a new one from a more reputable ebayer.
    08-31-09 04:46 PM
    I won a blackberry curve from this guys ebay store on 8/18/09.
    Paid 8/20/09
    Never got bb and I emailed seller 4 times, left neg fb called him on the number ebay provided and left 2 or 3 voicemails no reply. I reported him to ebay and contacted paypal to file a claim and try to get my money back..Got several messages on ebay from other users in the same boat I am in..Beware of this seller he is a crock of s&^t!
    He is also on ripoffreport.com

DONT BUY FROM FLOYDPINKBELL77 ON EBAY! HE WILL STEAL YOUR $ AND NEVER SHIP ITEM.
    USPS has no record of item being shipped just an e notification from seller which means he only notified them and not actually dropped anything to the post office!
    I am out 160.00 bucks now! And still don't have my BB
    09-01-09 06:53 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD