What to do what to do... my Verizon contract is up which means- whoopdee do, a brand spankin' new phone.... but I'm stuck.

I want the Tour 2, why get 1 when you can have 2 but of course right now that could be a helluva wait time. I have considered all the other phones out there, but why go different then bberry?? (iphone = crap service, droid = crap battery, sprint = please.)

Do I wait like a kid staring at a candy store window ?? Do I just go for the tour one and eat the price when 2 comes out? get the new curve just for something and hold out? Ebay something and then switch? Or just sit on it?
    Oi...
    01-01-10 04:34 PM
    My philosophy suggest you go for the best of the moment. Having said that I did pay full price for my 9000 as the waiting was going to be too much to bear.

No easy decisions here but without a firm release date waiting may be no fun at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 05:10 PM
    Wait. Why bother getting a device to hold you over only to have to buy the one you wanted anyway?
    01-01-10 05:12 PM
    What to do what to do... my Verizon contract is up which means- whoopdee do, a brand spankin' new phone.... but I'm stuck.

I want the Tour 2, why get 1 when you can have 2 but of course right now that could be a helluva wait time. I have considered all the other phones out there, but why go different then bberry?? (iphone = crap service, droid = crap battery, sprint = please.)

Do I wait like a kid staring at a candy store window ?? Do I just go for the tour one and eat the price when 2 comes out? get the new curve just for something and hold out? Ebay something and then switch? Or just sit on it?
    Oi...
    If I were you I would just wait for the tour 2 as its the phone you actually want
    01-01-10 05:13 PM
    If the phone you have right now still works, just go month-to-month without a contract until the one you want is available.
    01-01-10 06:36 PM
    If you're not sweating the cost, get the Tour now and upgrade to the Tour 2 later. It's only money.
    01-01-10 07:08 PM
    Only if you have this in your backyard
    01-01-10 07:22 PM
    If you're not sweating the cost, get the Tour now and upgrade to the Tour 2 later. It's only money.
    How much was the tour 1 when it first came out...any iseas on what the 2 would look like?
    01-01-10 07:35 PM
    My friend just got the tour 2 and he said it was the bomb. He upgraded from the 8330 curve and said it was light years different. My moms boyfreind got the storm 2 yesterday and said he was very pleased with it so far.
    01-01-10 08:01 PM
    My friend just got the tour 2 and he said it was the bomb. He upgraded from the 8330 curve and said it was light years different. My moms boyfreind got the storm 2 yesterday and said he was very pleased with it so far.
    your friend got the tour 2? its not released yet but alright....

well i'd say if money is not a concern then go ahead and get the tour right now and get the tour 2 when it is actually released.....but like another poster said if your berry right now is sufficient for the time being I personally would hold off and go month to month until the tour 2 drops and then pull the trigger on that one
    01-01-10 09:16 PM
    I agree don't get a BB just to do an upgrade right now. Hold out for what you want and yes it is money. an outright purchase for a BB is 500 or more and that is a lot of change to drop for a BB I have the original Tour and love it but many don't.
    So hold out for the Tour 2 It shouldn't be that much longer for it to be released.
    01-01-10 09:21 PM
    Not sure who offers what in the states, but go for the 9700.
    01-02-10 12:12 AM
    My friend just got the tour 2 and he said it was the bomb.
    ......Please don't tell me you're one of those guys that have no clue about what they're talking about, but they still act like they know about what their talking about. But anyways which carrier is it for? And can you get a pic?

Hmmmm.....you need a new phone and not only a new phone, but a new phone NOW. You would want the tour 2, but it isn't out right NOW. But you're in luck! The 9700 aka the new bold is out NOW and it is almost exactly the same as the tour 2!! I think the 9700 is calling you!!

Last edited by R1cE; 01-02-10 at 05:12 AM.
    01-02-10 05:09 AM
    Sorry I was wrong about the Tour 2. He said it was the 2 but I haven't seen it and I don't really keep up with this kinda stuff.

......Please don't tell me you're one of those guys that have no clue about what they're talking about, but they still act like they know about what their talking about. But anyways which carrier is it for? And can you get a pic?

No smartass I'm not one of those guys. I was wrong about the Tour 2 so freaking shoot me.
    01-02-10 08:32 AM

Oi...
    As long as the phone that you got right now is working good I would wait for the Tour 2(essex) . As soon as you buy or sign a new contract then next thing you know they released the tour 2 and then you may be stuck again wishing you had waited after all.(at least thats how it would go for me )
    01-02-10 09:48 AM

Oi...
    better wait for the Tour2.
    01-03-10 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD