I purchased a BB 6230 off ebay not knowing anything about them. WOW what a dinosaur. I used it for one day and am now using my nokia backup again. Live and learn. Luckily it was a cheap mistake.
    09-10-09 01:24 AM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Google is your friend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 01:25 AM
    Just out of curiosity...what made you purchase that ancient thing?
    09-10-09 01:28 AM
    Wow, that had to be a shock, glad you didn't just dump BlackBerrys alltogether. I had to google the 6230 to make sure I was thinking of the right phone.
    09-10-09 01:38 AM
    honestly, what would make you buy anything, especially a phone, online without doing any research on it first??? seems kinda careless to me.
    09-10-09 01:41 AM
    You could always check out the marketplace on here; I notice a lot of sellers on here post a fair amount of pics so you'd see what you were purchasing.
    09-10-09 01:49 AM
    It was very careless but it won't happen again. I have researched the snot out of them since receiving it.
    I just knew I wanted a BB so when I saw one so cheap I jumped on it. The funny thing is I beat out 21 other bids to get it and right now he is selling more on there and people are buying them. Dummies like me I suppose!
    09-10-09 01:51 AM
    It was very careless but it won't happen again. I have researched the snot out of them since receiving it.
    I just knew I wanted a BB so when I saw one so cheap I jumped on it. The funny thing is I beat out 21 other bids to get it and right now he is selling more on there and people are buying them. Dummies like me I suppose!
    Not dummies, there is actually a good market for them still. And I know a few people that still use the really old models.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 02:00 AM
    I noticed up until a year or two ago, a bunch of my friend who work for the City of NY still use those model of Blackberrys, especially the Nextel ones with the 2way, not sure if they have upgraded recently. I sure can think of other things that money could go towards instead of upgrades for city workers.
    09-10-09 02:04 AM
    Man didn't you do any research? It's like buying a 486 thinking that its still usefull.
    09-10-09 02:44 AM
    The older model phones are still useful for many things. Keep in mind that no matter the model, its still a BB, which is the ultimate business device. I'd bet you could do more with that than a few of these "newer" cell phones. That, and keep in mind, its like buying an older car. Phones aren't made like they used to be.
    09-10-09 03:02 AM
    Not gonna lie, I really love the older models. I know the World isnt as old as the model mentioned in this post, but ppl are baffled at my love of the World Edition...I think its the best phone ever.
    09-10-09 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD