What is the diff between using the calendar or using the task on your BB? Is the calendar just something y ou look at to remember your dates and the Task is something that reminds you of important dates or what not? Just looking for what the major diff is?
    05-27-09 10:22 AM
    I personally have never found a MAJOR difference...they both alert you, but with calandar you can just look at it through the year i guess.
    05-27-09 10:23 AM
    okay make since I could pick one to use but now im leaning to the calendar!
    05-27-09 10:53 AM
    It really depends upon how you operate. My biggest problem with using calendar events for tasks is if you don't get it done in that allotted time period, it will slip away from you off your calendar. A task will always remain on your todo list until you mark it off as completed.

They have a synergy and really should be used side by side.
    05-27-09 11:20 AM
    hmmm okay... cause these don't really have a time they need to be done these are just reminders for me on my calendar how can i stop them from slipping away?
    05-27-09 11:31 AM
    I use the calendar for appointments at specific times on specific days or for recuring dates like birthdays. I use tasks for my business because tasks allows me to create different catagories for my tasks. I am a contractor so if someone calls for an estimate but we don't set a specific time or day I make a task for that person with no date. Once the job is figured I move it into a "pending" file. Then when the customer gives me the job it goes into the "jobs to do" folder. This gives me a way to keep a record of jobs complete with customer info and number without adding them to my adress book. All I have to do is search my completed jobs folder.
    To answer your previous question, you can set an appt. or a task then set a date and a reminder then set the reminder to recur daily. When you complete the task just stop it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by wallpaperguy; 05-27-09 at 12:21 PM.
    05-27-09 12:18 PM
    good to know, i usally set for rent to be paid, babysitting a child, ship and order, places to be things to do....
    05-27-09 12:47 PM
    Rent would be a good example of a task with a recurrance. In some cases if you are busy or unavailable on the day it is due, it will still show at the top of the list for the next day. (Just set it for a couple of days prior to it being due to account for any one day delays.) If you get that task done early, you can simply mark it as completed and it will recur on the next time period with a new item but still show that the current one is done.

Obviously the babysitting and the places to go would be better as calendar events. (They can also be made to recur.)
    05-27-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD