A Bold. Got it a few months ago and i'm crazy about it. It is by far the best phone I have ever owned and I am not just talking about the messaging functionallity but the actual phone part works awsome as well.
    Surely there is a few nags like not being able to send contacts as sms and the camera is only 2MP (not that bad at all though).
    In my opinion BB's are the best build phones on the market and the software (despite lots of room for iprovement) is so easy and intuitive that the hardest thing to figure out was all those "secret" shortcuts like ALT+RSHIFT+DEL for reset, instead of pulling that battery all the time
    Next hard thing was to find the perfect theme, finally I did! Check out the precision weather theme at shao-soft (wap.shao-soft.com).
    I must have tried 20 different themes but always ended up going back to the precision theme. And then I was missing today entries and a space for the weather icon... But this has it all, so now my search has ended, what should do with my time now

BR Mio

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 06:44 PM
    My first and only BB is the Tour from VZW, so far it been great and everything works on it.

08-21-09 07:03 PM
    My first and only BB is the Tour from VZW, so far it been great and everything works on it.

I used to be with Sprint and had a BB Curve. I was trying to wait patiently for the Tour, but I had to pull the trigger with the Bold. The Tour seems like an awesome device, but I have heard a lot of complaints. Sounds like you got a good one. If it had the problems that some of the other users have commented about, what you still want a BB?
    08-21-09 07:29 PM
    I used to be with Sprint and had a BB Curve. I was trying to wait patiently for the Tour, but I had to pull the trigger with the Bold. The Tour seems like an awesome device, but I have heard a lot of complaints. Sounds like you got a good one. If it had the problems that some of the other users have commented about, what you still want a BB?
    Even with all the troubles people are having with the Tour, I still think it was worth giving BB a try.

08-21-09 09:26 PM
    My first was a Bold, in January of this year. I knew nothing of BB and went into the store to buy a Treo (many years experience with palm products). The salesman must have been a crackberry member because he had such glowing things to say about the Bold. I liked it pretty well but the fact it wouldn't sync with my Mac soured me. The Salesman told me otherwise. After a few weeks I traded it with someone for a iPhone. Went through the Jailbreaking and customizing phase of the iPhone. Got to thinking how slow my iPhone had become. Went back home for the 4th and I saw 3 BB. My friend in Louisiana had one, my Sister and my Cousin all had them. Before I knew no one other than my DM who had one. Got me to thinking and ended up buying one off of eBay. Couldn't be happier to be away form the all controlling Apple. Now need to find more friends with BB so I can BBM more.
    08-21-09 10:19 PM
    My first BB was an 8830 from Alltel. I thought it was the s**t. Until I realized that I couldn't hear it ring and well it was huge. Ha ha.
    08-21-09 10:28 PM
    My first Blackberry was the curve. I thought it was great.
    08-21-09 10:31 PM
    It is difficult not to run out of battery if you are on the phone all day. I am guilty of that myself. I can really wear my BB out. I watch movies, play games, surf the web, check m email, and IM all day long. Oh, forgot listening to music and using the GPS. Its amazing that my BB lasts eight hours and not two hours.

Exactly. Even now I still have to carry another non BB phone for making calls and gazillion texts for work, for I don't think my curve would make it for six hours taking it all. Still saving up for an extended battery though so I don't have to carry two bricks in my pocket :]
    08-22-09 12:25 AM
    Just got a BB Tour 2 weeks ago and am so addicted I can't sleep.
    08-22-09 01:05 AM
    If it really was that much better than the sidekick lx and it was :-)

08-22-09 01:14 AM
    my first bb is 8310.. first thing came through m minf "why the battery life sucks?"
    08-22-09 01:16 AM
    I originally had some Samsung dumbphone that couldn't hold its charge anymore. Not to mention, when I'm playing music on it, I can't even see what time it is.

My Bell contract was up for renewal, so I went to the store and took a look at a bunch of phones (admittedly, the LG Voyager really caught my eye at first), and the salesperson introduced me to the Pearl. He told me it had great music playing capabilities, as well as the ability for me to find out what time it is while listening.

I eventually switched over to Rogers for GSM, and got myself the Pearl Flip. Originally, I signed up for unlimited e-mails and messaging due to a friend's recommendation, and I thought it was awesome. I could do so much more on it while listening to music. Just recently, however, I switched over to a data plan... Everything got kind of hazy at that point, and then I woke up on these forums. I didn't know how I got here, or where my clothes went.

With that said, I think I'm outgrowing the phone and am currently looking forward to the Odin. The Pearls are just far too slow for any serious amount of multi-tasking. When I'm listening to music on my bluetooth headset (headphone jack broke), it slows down to a crawl; I can barely BBM people because it pauses for about 10 seconds at a time.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 08-22-09 at 01:30 PM.
    08-22-09 01:27 PM
    My first(and still using it) is a bb curve 8320. The sad part? I'm running it on a prepaid from tmo. Well, I'm literally surrounded by wifi at work and home, so I guess manually checking email is fine via logicmail. Friend also gave me a pearl 8100...hated it. Never getting a pearl again.

But the curve is great. It has replaced my media player too.

08-22-09 02:23 PM
    i have an 8310 my ist smartphone and ist bb i love it
    08-22-09 04:26 PM
    i have an 8310 my ist smartphone and ist bb i love it
    Did you just get it or have you had it for a while? Are you looking to upgrade to the Bold?
    08-22-09 09:54 PM
    The Bold I have now is my first Blackberry. I got it after having an awful experience with the Nokia E71x, which was my first smart phone.

I love my Bold. I would not want any other smart phone that is not a Blackberry. I know I'll stick with Blackberry when it is time for me to upgrade.
    08-22-09 11:43 PM
    I was a Motorola fan before I got my bold when it came out. I wanted something more powerful and able to web browse etc.
    I was the same way... I started out with Sprint, which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, then moved to Nextel, where I started dealing with Motorola phones, which I still believe to be superior to any other normal "dumb" phone. They're built well, work smoothly, and just are all around good phones. Heck, I carry one for work...

My first (and current) BB is my 8330. I got it initially because I wanted a phone with a full keyboard. I looked at the Moto Q and such, and I just didn't like what they had to offer. The BB was more expensive, and I'd be lieing if I didn't take the BB name into consideration (there's got to be a reason all those people have them!) and I decided to take the plunge. I will never look back. My 8330 is bulletproof. I read about all these people who are with Verizon, or ATT and upgrade, and are upset because there are growing pain problems with some of the newer devices, I'm actually aprehensive about upgrading (that is, once USCC comes out with a newer phone than the Pearl flip!!) because I LOVE my old school Curve.

I am now a RIM/BB convert, and will never purchase a different device for my personal use. Granted, I used to say the same about Motorola, but the BB has me hooked... We actually just got my girlfriend an 8130 Pearl, so she has become a BB convert as well... the addiction is spreading!!!! BB4L
    08-23-09 02:10 AM
    I was the same way... I started out with Sprint, which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, then moved to Nextel, where I started dealing with Motorola phones, which I still believe to be superior to any other normal "dumb" phone. They're built well, work smoothly, and just are all around good phones. Heck, I carry one for work...

My first (and current) BB is my 8330. I got it initially because I wanted a phone with a full keyboard. I looked at the Moto Q and such, and I just didn't like what they had to offer. The BB was more expensive, and I'd be lieing if I didn't take the BB name into consideration (there's got to be a reason all those people have them!) and I decided to take the plunge. I will never look back. My 8330 is bulletproof. I read about all these people who are with Verizon, or ATT and upgrade, and are upset because there are growing pain problems with some of the newer devices, I'm actually aprehensive about upgrading (that is, once USCC comes out with a newer phone than the Pearl flip!!) because I LOVE my old school Curve.

I am now a RIM/BB convert, and will never purchase a different device for my personal use. Granted, I used to say the same about Motorola, but the BB has me hooked... We actually just got my girlfriend an 8130 Pearl, so she has become a BB convert as well... the addiction is spreading!!!! BB4L
    The 8330 is a beast of a phone and a lot of people started with the Curve series as their first BB. It got me hooked and my wife too. And currently it is the top selling smartphone in the country.

08-23-09 07:48 AM
    The Bold I have now is my first Blackberry. I got it after having an awful experience with the Nokia E71x, which was my first smart phone.

I love my Bold. I would not want any other smart phone that is not a Blackberry. I know I'll stick with Blackberry when it is time for me to upgrade.
    Are you going to upgrade to the Onyx?

08-23-09 07:49 AM
    The 8900 is my first blackberry as well as my first smartphone. This is the best phone that I've ever had. The size is perfect. I may never go to another brand.

08-23-09 09:24 AM
    My firat bb is the 8320 which I still use I love it coming from nextel..its great every thing I want in a phone I will not stray from blackberries..I can't wait for the roumored 9700 hopedully it comes to tmo..that's my next step!!

08-23-09 10:39 AM
    my first bb is 8310.. first thing came through m minf "why the battery life sucks?"
    Was that your first smartphone? The reason I ask is that the battery life for the Cuve is better than any other smartphone on the market.

08-23-09 02:16 PM
    Ya I keep chargers everywhere lol. My bb gets a lot of action.

08-23-09 02:35 PM
    I wear mine out too. My battery lasts about eight hours which is good considering how much I use it.

08-23-09 02:45 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD