This is - as a recent university graduate with no money - an economic nightmare to me. This Q10 - which I love - cost me $200 and I didn't think I'd walk back to Target to buy another phone for three years. Now, to think that I might not only be losing the best phone I've ever had - and not to mention the only software OS I've ever used and LOVE it's customizability - but I'd also be losing my purchase and I don't know if I'll get my money back. What will happen to my contract? I don't want to give up my Q10! I love him! I've named him James!!!!! But if my device will eventually stop working due to BlackBerry leaving (in whichever way that is), I think I'll get a Nokia Lumia 920. I don't trust the security on Android (though I've wanted an S2 at some point) ,and I don't want an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    The phone will still work. I have a Motorola 815 flip that still works. The BlackBerry phones are going to work for to foreseeable future as they support lte. No worries. But the support with problems will be gone. Don't drop your phone

The information contained in this product / on this site is for information purposes only, and may not apply to your situation. The author, publisher, distributor and provider provide no warranty about the content or accuracy of content enclosed. Information provided is subjective. Keep this in mind when reviewing this guide. Neither the Publisher nor Author shall be liable for any loss of profit or any other commercial damages resulting from use of this guide. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purpose.
    09-22-13 12:55 PM
    If they give me an idea of the company's future by time January and I'm happy my birthday gift to myself will be a shiny new Z30.

If they are still unwilling I will switch to wp8 probably the 1520.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 12:57 PM
    This is - as a recent university graduate with no money - an economic nightmare to me. This Q10 - which I love - cost me $200 and I didn't think I'd walk back to Target to buy another phone for three years. Now, to think that I might not only be losing the best phone I've ever had - and not to mention the only software OS I've ever used and LOVE it's customizability - but I'd also be losing my purchase and I don't know if I'll get my money back. What will happen to my contract? I don't want to give up my Q10! I love him! I've named him James!!!!! But if my device will eventually stop working due to BlackBerry leaving (in whichever way that is), I think I'll get a Nokia Lumia 920. I don't trust the security on Android (though I've wanted an S2 at some point) ,and I don't want an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    You won't have those issues the phone will continue to work as long as it's taken care of.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 12:58 PM
    It's not about what will your next phone be, it's more about what will BB ecosystem look like in 6 months from now. That is the major issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-22-13 01:00 PM
    Answering the question in the way it was asked...

I would get a S4. I did waver to the S4 when upgrading but just couldn't do it.

Helen

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 01:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    You named your phone James? Lmao

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 01:27 PM
    Just switched my Z10 to an HTC One. I'll miss BlackBerry after all these years.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    09-22-13 01:31 PM
    Nexus 5 if it comes with a removable batt, if it doesn't then Note 3, if extended batteries aren't available by the time I switch then a GS4 with a hyperion extended batt + a TPU case.

That is, unless the Z30 manages to outlast the combo or BlackBerry makes a removable batt model.

Or until the next removable battery BlackBerry comes out.

I'd keep my Z10 if the screen wasn't broken, and I can't justify getting another Z10 because it would lack the new features everything else out there is getting. That being said, I'd get another one in a heartbeat if there was a firesale, then I'd get the right bang for my buck.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-22-13 01:38 PM
    You named your phone James? Lmao

Posted via CB10
    Indeed!
    09-22-13 01:49 PM
    Z+4Ever!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 01:57 PM
    I will not switch as long as my devices work....unless a new model comes out. I will Ride the Blackberry train. Somehow I doubt BlackBerry will disappear....change yes but disappear nope.
    ^ This right here.

Can't do iOS since I do not like being locked into Apple's ecosystem, oh how Apple has become their 1984 Ad.
    Can't do Android because the ecosystem is too open, fugly and most definitely not secure or as private as people think.
    Can't do WP. Just. Can't.
    09-22-13 02:00 PM
    As long as my phone works or BlackBerry is around in whatever capacity, I will have a BlackBerry. Compared to what is out on the market I'm not looking at switching to anything else. I'd go BBOS before switching, that is if my Q10 broke and I couldn't replace it.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 02:23 PM
    If BB10 is discontinued I will move over to Jolla as it seems like the closest fit after BB10.

However, I don't think BB10 will die and Blackberry will come through this.
    09-22-13 02:53 PM
    The Z30!!!

Sent from my Z10
    09-22-13 05:01 PM
39 12