05-03-12 11:14 PM
    If bb10 launches with a large selection of apps it will be successful. If it has the same problem as windows phone, it will flop.
    05-04-12 01:11 AM
    Does anyone recall how much further ahead (or behind) is RIM with BB10 than Palm was with webOS in terms of app selection?
    05-04-12 02:02 AM
    I just hope that we don't end up having a bunch of mom and pop developers working out of their basements submitting a bunch of useless apps just to get a free phone like they did with the Playbook. IMO BB 10 will fail miserably if it doesn't get support from some MAJOR developers. I think some people think the more apps the better but the reality is we need some quality useful apps that can help us with day to day life.
    05-04-12 02:32 AM
    I just hope that we don't end up having a bunch of mom and pop developers working out of their basements submitting a bunch of useless apps just to get a free phone like they did with the Playbook. IMO BB 10 will fail miserably if it doesn't get support from some MAJOR developers. I think some people think the more apps the better but the reality is we need some quality useful apps that can help us with day to day life.
    Wasn't the Alpha Device for those who only attended the BlackBerry World Conference?

And probably for developers RIM is actively seeking who may or not attended the conference.
    05-04-12 03:11 AM
    Wasn't the Alpha Device for those who only attended the BlackBerry World Conference?

And probably for developers RIM is actively seeking who may or not attended the conference.
    Yes. So, not too many "mom and pop" willing to shell out the cash required to go to the conference. I know I couldn't justify it and the place I work for doesn't do conferences anymore.

It looks like SAP and the others presenting had a pre-release of the alpha device a week before the conference and BB10 a couple of weeks before that. In the video was Foursquare and Poynt, so I see that big names are excited with BB10.
    05-04-12 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD