What can I delete from my BB 8320 that will increase my memory.
    I have 6, 586,954 remaining free. I only installed Google maps and ESPN.
    06-01-08 09:42 AM
    Any time File Free drops below 10 000 000 the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning or prompting, to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive.

A battery pull recovers some memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from memory. This procedure developed by Stoner will guide you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    06-01-08 09:46 AM
    I agree Jeff. I followed Stoner's thread as well and normally run 24-25 mg. My memory is not an issue anymore. Completing this thread is the best way to gain free file memory. The preloaded pics that can only be removed thru Desktop Manager gave me my biggest gain. The entire process was about 30 minutes, update and all...
    06-01-08 10:16 AM
    I agree Jeff. I followed Stoner's thread as well and normally run 24-25 mg. My memory is not an issue anymore. Completing this thread is the best way to gain free file memory. The preloaded pics that can only be removed thru Desktop Manager gave me my biggest gain. The entire process was about 30 minutes, update and all...
    at max i have like..22mb

what 3rd party apps do you run if any?
    06-01-08 03:38 PM
    06-01-08 03:41 PM
    I just noticed Deceit, u have the pearl. I think they already have more memory than curves..
    06-01-08 03:55 PM
    Both Pearl and Curve have 64 Mb, and share the same core software.

The different models need different working software, GPS on some, WLan on others.

The exception is the 8330 with 96 Mb. Out of the box, it has plenty of memory. Bold will be better still.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 04:44 PM
    at max i have like..22mb

what 3rd party apps do you run if any?
    I just deleted the two dimension themes I didn't use, and the help file. I had previously deleted Brickbreaker, Password Keeper, BBMessenger, and Voice Activated Dialing. File Free is 18 900 000. I am running:
    Weathereye
    Pocket Express
    Crackberry.com shortcut
    CoPilot
    BBMaps
    Google Maps
    Pocket 10C SE
    Sol Mania 4.9
    06-01-08 05:26 PM
    Jeff, I've been reading this thread and am wondering if you or anyone can help me delete the preloaded pictures on my device when I bought it. (the scenes you can set on your home screen) I highlight it and click the blackberry button but I don't see the delete option. Thought this would free up some memory for me, I don't use any of them. thx in advance and I apologize if this was answered in another area. cyn
    06-01-08 09:09 PM
    my sample wallpapers seem to have locks on them, can they be unlocked?
    06-01-08 09:10 PM
    cynbad, flchick75: the way to get rid of the sample wallpapers and preloaded pix is to do the Stoner procedure I gave in Post #2 (and echoed by Hazysky in post #5). He takes you through it in careful detail. It will free up a LOT of memory for you.
    06-01-08 09:14 PM
    ok will give it a shot. thanks
    06-01-08 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD