for me i have:

Everyday : basically everything is on loud
    Sleep : has phone and sms on loud but email silent so i dont get woken up with late night spam
    School : everything on vibrate
    Golf : everything on mute

what do you guys have??
    06-23-09 12:02 PM
    I used to have a custom profile setup for when I was hospitalized (off and on for 6 months). It basically had the phone on low, sms/mms on medium and emails/facebook/bbm on vibrate... I also had exceptions for my parents and girlfriend to always get thru with their phone calls.

I've posted this a few times but I can't brag enough about the app Profiler (easily the best app I have on my phone). I currently use it to:

Switch my profile at 1AM to silent (with a couple of exceptions made)
    Switch my prolife at 6AM to loud
    Switch my profile to off whenever a calendar entry comes up with the word "doctor" in it (as in Doctor Appointment).
    Switch my profile to vibrate whenever a calendar entry comes up for a variety of other activities.

With the last two auto-switches, it then goes back to loud automatically when the event is over according to the calendar.

I highly recommend this app! :-)

ALB
    06-23-09 12:51 PM
    THANK YOU!!!!! That's exactly the app I was asking for yesterday.

And to answer the original poster, I only have one custom profile, that being all off. - nothing sounds for any reason. Other than that, I use phone calls only when I go to bed and normal the rest of the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 05:50 PM
    THANK YOU!!!!! That's exactly the app I was asking for yesterday.

And to answer the original poster, I only have one custom profile, that being all off. - nothing sounds for any reason. Other than that, I use phone calls only when I go to bed and normal the rest of the time.
    The only problem with this app is that it doesn't switch profiles when the blackberry is locked.
    06-23-09 05:55 PM
    sounds like a pretty tight app
    06-23-09 05:57 PM
    I have just modified the standard ones.

Normal is as you'd expect, with everything assigned a tone

Phone only (used overnight) is just phone and sms still on with a sound and everything else is silent with no vibrate.

Vibrate I use when I'm out and don't want the tones but still want to be notified.

That's it for me, no auto changing or no custom profiles, just plain and simple
    06-23-09 06:20 PM
    I have one for everyday that is on loud since I'm a bit deaf heh, and the other for when I'm driving around and listening to my music. It mutes all other notifications except phone, calendar, and SMS. Ppl know I will at least check my texts even if I still don't reply LOL
    06-23-09 06:26 PM
    I really just use one custom tone titled "Ringerz". Basically everything has a different tone and notifier. Don't have a custom "sleep" profile because I rarely get a call or text too late at night. And my e-mails are on medium and do0nt wake me up.
    06-24-09 12:13 PM
    I have one that I use all the time.
    I hate the sound of any message coming to my phone, but I need to hear my phone ring since the vibration on the 8900 is very weak....
    all messages and notification are on vibrate
    phone - vibrate then ring loud
    06-24-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD