Hello all! I just received my first Blackberry yesterday (a Curve 8530) and I'm enjoying it so far, but I have a question that relates to email accounts.

I run my own website, and when I created it, I was able to get my own @mywebsite.com email address through the free Google for business program. It works as a basic gmail address, but it is not a @gmail.com email address.

My question is if this email address is considered a "corporate" email address? I do not have the corporate email data service from my cell phone provider, and I don't want to be hit with charges if I attempt to sync the email address to my BB.

If it is a 'corporate' email, would there be a free work around to syncing it?

Thanks for your help!
    04-06-10 09:59 AM
    If it truly uses Gmail just sync it like your personal account. That's what I do for my website's e-mail.
    04-06-10 10:17 AM
    Corporate email normally refers to BES accounts. You have to sign up and pay for BES separately from BIS. You can't accidentally turn on BES just by using email.
    04-06-10 11:29 AM
    Corporate email tends to only be for company's that have their own Exchange, Groupwise, or Lotus Notes email server. They need to purchase BES or use BESx to allow the BlackBerrys to sync email, contacts, calendars, etc. BES allows companies to set policies for the users. This requires a different plan from the cell phone provider. From your description, you do not have "corporate email" and are just fine under the less expensive BIS plan.
    04-06-10 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD