My Z10 started having similar problem. My wifi connection would dropped and I couldn't reconnect. This all happened after I update to 10.2.1. My laptops, printer, etc. were still connected fine. I have to turn on airplane mode then turn off. It's frustrating for sure.

? CB10 ?
    05-22-14 04:27 PM
    This is a new problem, certainly since 10.2.1 but even then it has gotten much worse over the past few weeks, and seems to be getting worse by the day, which would imply something beyond software... someone suggested a test to reach the BlackBerry server, which would be a dumb way to determine if the wifi has Internet connectivity, but could explain the deterioration... whatever the cause, BlackBerry needs to address this quickly and seriously. it's a movie "black" eye as it stands!
    05-22-14 04:38 PM
    BlackBerry won't even acknowledge the issues with the phone. So, they damn well won't be fixing anything.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 05:25 PM
    Reboot, hard reset, try this, try that, fresh install, security wipe....how about a phone that can do the basics reliably?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 05:30 PM
    It happens to me from time to time. I just don't see it as such a big problem. Blown out of proportion a bit here ...
    05-22-14 05:55 PM
    I've a z10 stl100-1 it was going fine since 5 Monthes, but few days ago, it started to punish me, I'm having a problem of automatic wifi diconnection, wifi radio keeps on, but disconnects from the network, behaving like the distance is very far, but actually its close, before I used to have continuos connection for hours but now every few you minutes I'm in an Application so I should back to home> sittings> wifi and set it up again, its very bad especially when browsimg then suddenly disconnect, I was wondering if the router loses its internet connection maybe the phone disconnects it automatically? Or its an antena issue?

Amazing z10. But stupid battery
    Are you in the USA, if so since this merger of Internet and cable provider, namely time Warner and.... forgot the name. basically people here have been kicked off their Internet since and TV disruptions.

Z10 all they way!
    05-22-14 06:03 PM
    Thanks for the response, I'll see what fits me and I hope the problem will be solved.

Suggestion: if you have any important data on the phone, make sure you do a full backup with BlackBerry Link BEFORE you try installing any new firmware on it.

Always a good idea to be safe when making major changes.

Also: new OS installs will cause high battery usage for a while, sometimes an hour, sometimes several days. Keep a charger handy for a while until it "settles".
    05-23-14 12:13 AM
    It happens to me from time to time. I just don't see it as such a big problem. Blown out of proportion a bit here ...
    Blown out of proportion? Yeah right. If you had the problem as bad as some of us you'd be raging too. I have to unplug my router every couple hours when my phone loses the connection to it and won't reestablish it unless I pull the damn plug.

Do you know how annoying it is when you are in bed and whatnot. Even in general it is a freaking annoyance.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10.
    05-23-14 01:19 AM
    Blown out of proportion? Yeah right. If you had the problem as bad as some of us you'd be raging too. I have to unplug my router every couple hours when my phone loses the connection to it and won't reestablish it unless I pull the damn plug.

Do you know how annoying it is when you are in bed and whatnot. Even in general it is a freaking annoyance.

I don't recall if you mentioned already, does it resolve on a device restart?

My 5Ghz WiFi issue resolves on device restart 100% of the time.

Easier than getting out of bed to reset the router.
    05-23-14 01:54 AM
    Mine resolves by itself a short while later. In the meantime I use 4G. What's the big deal?
    05-23-14 09:18 AM
    Looks the the device restart worked for mine. Well, at least for a day so far. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it's working completely normal.

Posted via Q10, awaitng a slider.
    05-23-14 11:14 AM
    Mine resolves by itself a short while later. In the meantime I use 4G. What's the big deal?
    The big deal is some people have very small data plans and when you think you're using wifi and in reality you're using your tiny data plan it can add up fast and add up to big overage charges.
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-23-14 11:20 AM
    The big deal is some people have very small data plans and when you think you're using wifi and in reality you're using your tiny data plan it can add up fast and add up to big overage charges.
    Yea an unlimited plan is the best way to go.
    05-23-14 01:33 PM
    Nope. In this particular case any other phone is the best way to go.
    05-23-14 03:58 PM
    Annnnd it's back after 3 days. I restart my phone every morning and I thought the issue had cleared up. Guess I will be waiting for something magical to happen to fix. Maybe 10.3?

The Z10
    05-23-14 05:05 PM
    Annnnd it's back after 3 days. I restart my phone every morning and I thought the issue had cleared up. Guess I will be waiting for something magical to happen to fix. Maybe 10.3?

The Z10
    Thats the problem after a wipe, a reset, restart, or hard reset, you think its just vanished and everything is going nice, then it breakes your happiness with a negative feedback, but I've got the magic!!
    I'm going to upgrade for another platform, and see the result, since that this issue with BlackBerry is killing me slowly, I've lost enough nerves..

05-23-14 05:32 PM
    This was happening more frequently on my Z30 with the latest OTA software on Bell.

Two days ago I logged into my CISCO E3200 router and changed my settings for wifi from "Auto" to the following: 2.4GHz = 2.452 GHz is now channel 9, 5.0 GHz = 5.785 is now channel 157. Since doing this random manual change I have not dropped wifi once. I am on wifi 85% of the time during normal use.

Give it a shot, Hope it helps...GL
    05-23-14 06:03 PM
    This was happening more frequently on my Z30 with the latest OTA software on Bell.

Two days ago I logged into my CISCO E3200 router and changed my settings for wifi from "Auto" to the following: 2.4GHz = 2.452 GHz is now channel 9, 5.0 GHz = 5.785 is now channel 157. Since doing this random manual change I have not dropped wifi once. I am on wifi 85% of the time during normal use.

Give it a shot, Hope it helps...GL

Classic WiFi signal contention. You moved your router's radio channel to one that was less congested in YOUR area.

Everyone's RF situation will be different.

Many modern routers (including the E3200 IIRC) have features that survey the signals in the vicinity and change the channel in response to the current situation, moving it to the least congested band.

In my house it can be nearly impossible to keep a reliable 2.4Ghz WiFi link because I live near a major institution that spews WiFi signals by the boatload. My default WiFi link is therefore on the 5Ghz band, which is dramatically less congested.
    05-23-14 08:42 PM
    ^^^^ exactly. Hopefully others can figure this issue out and not put the blame on BlackBerry and the OS....SMH about that.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    05-23-14 09:44 PM
    ... In my house it can be nearly impossible to keep a reliable 2.4Ghz WiFi link because I live near a major institution that spews WiFi signals by the boatload. My default WiFi link is therefore on the 5Ghz band, which is dramatically less congested.
    Is one better than the other? All other things being equal, what are the pluses and minuses of 2.4Ghz versus 5Ghz?
    05-24-14 05:50 AM
    Is one better than the other? All other things being equal, what are the pluses and minuses of 2.4Ghz versus 5Ghz?

Well there are different variants of WiFi standards for both frequency bands:

2.4Ghz: 802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11N
    5Ghz: 802.11A, 802.11N, 802.11AC

All other factors remaining the same, lower frequencies generally propagate farther and have less issue passing through obstacles like walls and doors.

Higher frequencies can achieve higher data throughput if the signal quality is good.

But because 2.4Ghz was the original WiFi standard and lower-end devices often only have support for 2.4Ghz, there are far more devices using it than 5Ghz. This is why this frequency band is typically far more congested than the 5Ghz band. (This is location dependent - different countries have slightly different frequency allocations)

802.11AC is the newest and highest-speed system but it only works on 5Ghz. Unfortunately this means that pretty soon, 5Ghz will start getting congested too.

If you're lucky and live in a place in the woods without any neighbors close by, you can easily get by with 2.4Ghz as long as you don't need super-high speeds that 802.11AC can offer. (pointless if you do not have either an extremely high speed broadband connection, or if you are doing local file sharing at home, ie using a high-performance network file-sharing system)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-25-14 01:47 AM
    ^^^^ exactly. Hopefully others can figure this issue out and not put the blame on BlackBerry and the OS....SMH about that.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    No not like that I blame BlackBerry and blame the OS why other Devices of other platforms with much cheaper price and specifications should do better than my z10 or z30 about wifi, think well about it, its just painful..

05-25-14 08:22 AM
    BlackBerry must have implemented a "planned obsolescence mode" for the BlackBerry Z10 in the software updates dollowing thw massive write-down on inventory.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    05-25-14 10:18 AM
73 123