I have been with Sprint for some time now and I have been envious of other carriers who seem to offer the latest and greatest BB's. Sprint in general doesn't have great phones and are always behind the curve or playing catch up with the rest of the industry when it comes to phones and BB services.

So, I am considering switching carriers, but I want to know from you is, what carrier is the best? I want to know in terms of price first, then network & BB functionality and then phone selection.
    01-03-09 12:34 AM
    If price is your primary consideration, TMobile is where you should
    start first. $20 unlimited.
    01-03-09 12:44 AM
    Well I have sprint! Wish also they had more of a selection when it comes to phones.

But I do not think I could get a better deal as far as a plan.

500 anytime mins
    Unlim - nights/weekends starts at 7
    Sprint to Sprint
    Unlim - data/internet
    Unlim - texting
    No Roaming
    Caller ID, Voicemail, Paging ect all free...

Monthly Bill $59.00 + 6.80 for insur + tax
    Total = $67.00

My insur has a $50.00 deductable but most times in the last 10 years I just swap phone out for a reconditioned unit. I have had too only pay twice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 12:51 AM
    Even with a BB plan VZW does not offer free texting. LoL wow for real?

01-03-09 12:54 AM
    Thing is you could pay that amount for double the minutes with T-mobile.

Seroously, latest phone.....verizon has the Storm, att has the Bold, T-mobile will have the Curve 8900 come February. Kind of a toss up there. If one of those carries has pretty bad receptipn by you then that should be a consideration. Otherwise.....good luck!

01-03-09 12:57 AM
    I am pretty sure Sprint has the best BB plans. My Simply Data plan includes 450 minutes, unlimited data, text, pix, and web. That includes BIS all for $69.99 before taxes. It's even better if you have an employee discount applied.
    01-03-09 12:59 AM
    Sprint may not always have the latest and greatest, but you really can't beat the price. So it kinda boils down to what's more important to you. If you want to be with a carrier who is always pumping out the new BB's, be prepared to pay more money.
    01-03-09 01:16 AM
    I would say tmo as well.

01-03-09 01:40 AM
    Honestly I think Sprint has the best Unlimited BB plan right now. The cheapest is $69.99 a month, the "Simply Everything 450", which I have.

It has the most unlimited features built in to the plan, over all other comparable plans on other networks.

And don't believe all the people who complain about Sprint. I see you are already with Sprint, so I highly recommend testing out the Blackberry paired with a Simply Everything plan. Then if you don't like it, switch. You can switch your plan with no worries now so it's worth the shot.

I have had the Simply Everything 450 paired with my Curve 8330 since August and it's been excellent! I have had no problems and no complaints about the EVDO service. It's really fast and all the features work great on the phone with Sprint!
    01-03-09 03:02 AM
    I was with tmo for awhile a year ago and I chose to switch to sprint because of the prices that they offer.

Sprint not having the new phones all the time has worked out better for me. I know if they came out with a new phone every month I would end up buying a new phone every month.

01-03-09 03:21 AM
    I was with tmo for awhile a year ago and I chose to switch to sprint because of the prices that they offer.

Sprint not having the new phones all the time has worked out better for me. I know if they came out with a new phone every month I would end up buying a new phone every month.

Haha, see? That can be seen as an advantage for Sprint. With new phones coming out every 6 months, which has been the average lately, who can afford to drop $300 on a new phone twice a year. Sure I would love to be able to, it's just not practical unless you're a millionaire.
    01-03-09 03:31 AM
    actually if you work it out sprints plans are no cheaper than att. especially that new unlimited plan for 99. its a marketing ploy. And also you need to look at the coverage of the carrier, because even if the bbplan is a few bucks cheaper, you need to have good service in your area to use it.

In short i would go with either verizon or at&t. Verizon seems to be a little bit cheaper per month and they have good coverage. But at&t has the best coverage. Just dont go with alltel [badd choice]
    01-03-09 08:27 AM
    Sprint is by far the cheapest route. Price out a plan on each carrier and see for yourself. The simply everything plans on sprint can't be beat.

01-03-09 08:49 AM
    eh not really
    at&t
    basic plan-$39
    unlim text=$30
    bb data=$30
    =$99 which is the same as the simply everything plan for $99, plus you get better coverage with at&t.
    01-03-09 08:53 AM
    I have the $99. Everything Plan, which includes evertg=hubg, incluidng nights at 7, weekends free. Includes NFL and TV, radio, etc. Does ATT have that?
    01-03-09 09:02 AM
    eh not really
    at&t
    basic plan-$39
    unlim text=$30
    bb data=$30
    =$99 which is the same as the simply everything plan for $99, plus you get better coverage with at&t.
    Adding all that up its $99 but with sprint you need to include GPS, sprint radio, and sprint tv in the unlimited packages. Of course many people don't see sprint tv or radio as a pro but when your bored at work or stuck in an airport it comes in handy. But choose you carrier on coverage in your area and price because every carrier has pros and cons with the phones (example sprints ironed out 8330 and the problems with the first few rounds of the storm). I have sprint and love it actually paid the ETF to get out of verizon to switch too.

01-03-09 09:10 AM
    that is true that sprint does include sprint tv nfl mobile and gps but you pretty much can find free apps that do the same job or better. My question is about the data only plan on sprint though- somebody tell me everything it includes
    01-03-09 09:22 AM
    VZW mine is as follows
    450 anytime mins
    free in calling
    free night and wkend min
    free vm
    free caller id
    free 3 way calling
    250 text a month
    BB data plan ( 29.99 a month)

Voice plan plus free services 39.99
    BB Unlimited Data 29.99
    250 texts 5.00
    taxes and surcharges 6.21
    In this area VZW has best coverage hands down have had both ATT and VZW
    01-03-09 09:39 AM
    Sprint in general doesn't have great phones and are always behind the curve or playing catch up with the rest of the industry when it comes to phones and BB services. This is 100% true and I could not aggree more. I switched from Sprint a while ago.
    01-03-09 09:41 AM
    It can actually be Sprint, AT&T or Verizon when it comes to price wise, depending on your company discount.

T-mobile doesn't really offer those and with the discount off the plans and service, it comes down near T-mobile + you get one of the latest BBs (The person who bought mine paid $220. After all the rebates, it will be $20)
    01-03-09 09:54 AM
    VZW mine is as follows
    450 anytime mins
    free in calling
    free night and wkend min
    free vm
    free caller id
    free 3 way calling
    250 text a month
    BB data plan ( 29.99 a month)

Voice plan plus free services 39.99
    BB Unlimited Data 29.99
    250 texts 5.00
    taxes and surcharges 6.21
    In this area VZW has best coverage hands down have had both ATT and VZW
    I couldn't agree more. The cverage by VZW is hands down the best.

01-03-09 10:03 AM
    Alltel has great coverage here in Michigan where i am at but they only have the cure (which I love) no storm yet
    01-03-09 10:04 AM
    Alltel has great coverage here in Michigan where i am at but they only have the cure (which I love) no storm yet
    Alltel is almost verizon already....
    01-03-09 10:15 AM
    Even with a BB plan VZW does not offer free texting. LoL wow for real?

For real, the only one who gives you txt is sprint, but I think when comes to choose a plan (carrier) you have to see what you need. Quality on the service and network including less droped call OR save money. If you want to save money go for Sprint, the company is going down the hill and you do not know what is happening in the next 6 months with that company, their stock is really low and they lost about 4 - 5 millions of customer this year so far.

if you want quality you have Verizon and AT&T with the price very similar, they are more expansive but they are the top comanies with the BEST service...of course Verizon has the best network....
    01-03-09 10:21 AM
    That's cuz Alltel uses Sprint and VZW towers

01-03-09 10:26 AM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD