I was wondering what you can do over WiFi with the 8350i? can you message call over wifi or?
    10-17-09 11:42 PM
    Internet, e-mail, IM. No phone calls or text messaging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 08:22 AM
    I listen to lots of internet radio on mine in fact I have a 8350i that has no service that I only use for that purpose and it works well
    10-18-09 10:44 AM
    Maybe I'm slow but if that's all you can do with WIFI what's the point in having it. You are required to have a data plan which means WIFI isn't needed.

10-18-09 11:49 AM
    Maybe I'm slow but if that's all you can do with WIFI what's the point in having it. You are required to have a data plan which means WIFI isn't needed.

Many of us like/need the full data capabilities while on the road, and find it nice to have faster speeds for surfing, email, im's while connected to a wifi service when home or in a motel. It's not needed, but it's a nice added feature, due to the inherit slow speed of the nextel data network.
    10-18-09 11:56 AM
    i agree with heck, but even most 3g phones are now being made wifi as well because the 3g network is so clogged up sometimes, or when in a big building and cant connect. wifi can come in very handy. 3g is nice, but its far from perfect. i know att had a huge problem with their 3g network because of all the iphones suckin it up, i was looking on their site yesterday, all the new BB curves and bolds and equivalents are wifi compatible.
    10-18-09 06:29 PM
    I live in a "hole" and don't get service from any cell network. I use the wifi to be able to monitor work/personal emails. I use the wifi daily for this and find it very beneficial.
    10-18-09 08:35 PM
    I use Wifi at work because I work right above the radiology (MRI) labs and there isnt a signal. With Wifi, I can use my chat programs (BBM, Yahoo! And Google) and still talk and my supervisor is none the wiser. I can also check email and surf the web and my supervisor will never know. Helps me out a lot considering I'm not at my computer desk all that much and rather than having to switch desks constantly, it helps to have the wifi on the phone.
    10-19-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD