Step 1 - Buy a Z10.
    Not an option. Won't be available on my network for perhaps months.
    Step 2 - Show it off.
    Not an option.
    02-13-13 12:24 PM
    4. Email BlackBerry Support team, Post on official BlackBerry forums any bugs and feature requests. Give constructive feedback to official Team BlackBerry so they can enhance BlackBerry 10 device with software updates. Follow-up with them over twitter and official forums, ask them when can you expect software updates? I occasionally tweet them (once a week) asking about updates etc.

BlackBerry 10 is already a great device. Software updates and features based on user-feedback is going to make it phenomenal! Just need to make sure that a) we actually leave constructive feedback on official BlackBerry forums and b) we follow-up with official BlackBerry Support and ask when these updates are coming.

I really hope that BlackBerry employees are reading CrackBerry forums. Lots of good feedback here and if they implement it in their next OS update (before the US Z10 release, so, next 20 days or so), they'd have a winner on their hands. Existing BlackBerry 6/7 users will be writing rave reviews (instead of writing about what's missing in BB 10) and showing it off the world! The most important thing that we can do is provide constructive criticism to BlackBerry and the most important thing BlackBerry can do is really listen to user feedback (here and official BlackBerry forums) and implement it at lightning speed before US release!
    02-13-13 01:11 PM
    Z10 is going to do well, why? truth is Blackberry for decades has allways been good at email crap at everything else, back in the 90's it felt like it was the last phone that could do mp3, the last one that got a colour screen, the last one to get a camera, but soooo good with email that it was worth the sacrifice.

15 years later Blackberry FINALLY make a handset thats up with the times and rocking and they have a decent 'old' following who will appreciate this phone, its what blackberry that should of delivered a decade ago (however a decent apps market is yet to be established, lets be honest up to now its a sad phone/platform to do apps on as a developer I wouldn't bother)

Bottom line, dont worry if you have shares, you'll be very happy this year, BB are on a winner.
    02-16-13 07:54 PM
    I still think we need pictures of girls with the phone
    02-16-13 08:55 PM
    Hope to get mine in 2 weeks. I have been thinking that every time I go up to a cash register to pay for something I would put the phone on the counter top facing the cashier.
    If they ask if that's the new BlackBerry I have my foot in the door. Now if I can demonstrate the time shift on the camera that would be gold as no other phone camera can do that. Eventually I'm sure the girls at Starbucks will all be buying them, ha, ha.
    02-17-13 06:10 PM
    Buy a z10 and tell your friends. Push them to get bbm or something. Just bash and troll whatsapp at every turn.

Even blackberry ceo has stated the viral factor of how much people are convincing other people to go pick one up is his measure of success. Not shur how there measuring that though

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 11:33 PM
    Buy a z10 and tell your friends. Push them to get bbm or something. Just bash and troll whatsapp at every turn.

Even blackberry ceo has stated the viral factor of how much people are convincing other people to go pick one up is his measure of success. Not shur how there measuring that though
    Posted via CB10
    Word of Mouth is Better than a million bucks in Advertising
    02-17-13 11:52 PM
    There are several events that reach different demographics here in the U.S....and I haven't heard that BlackBerry will have a presence in the commercials in any of them.... The Grammy's, the NBA All-Star game, the Daytona 500, and the Oscar's. I know some will say that it's dumb to promote a device that isn't available here yet, but these are really big events, and the Z10 is already announced...they could still show some of that 1minute ad they have airing in (I think) Canada, where different people use the Z10 and it's more about using the phone than it is artistic/weird (the SuperBowl one).

I'm a NASCAR fan, and while I was watching the pole qualifying today, I saw many of the same ads that aired during the SuperBowl. I also saw them during the Spring Unlimited last night (a non points event where people that won a pole last season race just for money). There were no BlackBerry ads, despite Sprint and at&t both having presences in the sport. I feel like every event like these that BlackBerry doesn't have an ad, is a missed opportunity to expose people to what's coming their way in March. We're getting into mid/late February, MARCH IS ALMOST HERE.
    02-18-13 12:21 AM
    Shouldn't the promoting be BlackBerry's job? #JustSaying
    jegs2 likes this.
    02-18-13 03:53 AM
    Although I really like the Q10, I think the Z10 drives the point of the New BlackBerry home much better. Therefore, I plan to leave my longterm relationship with Sprint and move on to Verizon or ATT, then I'll pull that baby out whenever I can for some "shock and awe".
    02-18-13 07:35 AM
    Maybe. Social media has made viral campaigns far more cost effective in promoting certain product categories. We can (and should), be a part of that.
    02-18-13 08:16 AM
    If we love a product, we show it off. That's Marketing! And that's what brings BlackBerry back into the ring.
    02-18-13 10:03 AM
    As for what I do? I go to al the different tablets or phones that are connected to wifi and turn on the browser and go to a BlackBerry website.
    Nice attack! I think I'll do the same. The Futureshop in question isn't the one in Duncan, BC by any chance?
    02-18-13 11:31 AM
    Nice attack! I think I'll do the same. The Futureshop in question isn't the one in Duncan, BC by any chance?
    No, not in BD, it was in Ontario.
    02-18-13 12:09 PM
    people need incentive?

BBRY should provide us with a referral code, for every new user we get to purchase a BB10 device we receive a credit to the app world.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-18-13 02:11 PM
    Step 3: buy apps. Don't get only free ones
    02-18-13 03:30 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Buy the bb z10 .. show it off! .. the rest speaks for itself �.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-19-13 01:53 AM
    Maybe. Social media has made viral campaigns far more cost effective in promoting certain product categories. We can (and should), be a part of that.
    Why? Will they pay me or compensate me to do so?
    MC_A_DOT and HalloSpaceboy16 like this.
    02-19-13 10:35 AM
    +10 on This ^

Promoting phones isn't in my job description.
    jegs2 and aniym like this.
    02-19-13 10:43 AM
    No, but then that doesn't stop people from facebook/twitter/pinterest/instagram 'ing every little thing/place/info they like. Heck, even by talking about it to friends family you're technically doing something you should be paid for. All it takes is some enthusiasm (I know something cool that you don't). If you don't have it then nevermind.
    02-19-13 03:28 PM
    Here's a UK poll where BB10 is currently getting its **** kicked. Crackberry, engage!

Poll results - the future of blackberry- The Inquirer
    02-19-13 09:19 PM
    Go to bed

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:42 PM
    Promoting the device is obviously in the best interest of us shareholders. Don't have to go out of your way to do it
    02-19-13 10:09 PM
    Promoting the device is obviously in the best interest of us shareholders. Don't have to go out of your way to do it
    Yes. I'm amazed at some of the attitudes here. Word of Mouth campaigns have existed since advertising was invented. They've never offered compensation and they've always been a good way to promote a brand you support.

Anyone who doesn't like that should probably grind off any brand identification on everything they own and then hold it like a hot poker hand while using it. If anyone asks what it is, kick them in the jimmies because by-god you're not getting paid to answer.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    02-20-13 05:54 AM
    Infiltrate the enemy's base of operations:
    Attached Thumbnails What can we do to help promote Blackberry 10?-img-20130216-00016.jpg  
    alan510, Cale M, Dapper37 and 3 others like this.
    02-20-13 08:43 PM
57 123