07-02-12 12:13 PM
38 12
tools
    Whew! Another member trying to bring sense to this thread.

I understand that this is the home of the BB fan club, but some of this stuff is over the edge and down the mountain.

Totally agree. I guess RIM koolaid is the bomb.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 02:29 PM
    "Prayer" would be a great help... afterall, RIM seem needs miracle...

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    06-29-12 02:42 PM
    Sigh... I grow tired of defending my cause. Appearently popular opinion is that it is an absurd one.
    I chose this cause as I believe in RIM and I stand by those who still work there and the products and services they provide. Ya know people still work there and have families too.

Maybe in some small way my help might save RIM and therefore 1000's of jobs. The butterfly effect may help prevent more people from needing soup kitchens or homeless shelters in the future. Who knows what the future may hold.

Anyway, I'm still hoping RIM will contact me if they need some help. I will monitor this thread for those who are like minded and want to help as well, or may have some good suggestions. But I wont be defending the cause anymore.. so go ahead nay sayers, let er rip!
    I believe you have the right to say whatever you like. I also have the right to ignore you

Thanks to those who are still supportive, it is much appreciated.

Syn
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-29-12 02:42 PM
    This is REALLY good. Personally, I am not a developer so I can't do much really other than pledge my loyalty which I haven't done. I went Android in December and I feel guilty, and always have.
    syn-ack likes this.
    06-29-12 02:51 PM
    Well, the shares are a low enough price, for sure...

But that actually doesn't do much of anything for the company itself. The company doesn't get your money, it goes to whoever you're buying the shares from. What RIM needs right now is either:

-Fresh investment from an equity partner--someone who'd be prepared to take 30-40% of the company and have its own technology and talent to contribute to the recovery

-(much) stronger sales.
    Thanks for correcting my post, I don't really have the most investment knowledge, but what you suggested here was probably what I was trying to get at.
    06-30-12 11:39 PM
    @ the OP and anyone who wants to help rim, go buy a nice new shiny os7 device tomorrow. Buying stock won't help them, only selling devices will.
    06-30-12 11:46 PM
    I am buying RIM's products for what I believe would be good valve and does the job. eg, 9320 for my teenager or a PlayBook rather than an iPod touch.
    07-01-12 02:22 PM
    Here's an idea get with all those people that lost their jobs that RIM laid off probably 7k and help them through there financial struggle cause of the companies incompetence on making a modern smartphone.
    07-01-12 02:35 PM
    There's no justification to help a for profit company. Didn't they just give away 12 million to the two ex head honchos? There should be no emotional tie when it comes to business. You have to separate the love of a well made device from a mismanaged company. Unless you are some billionaires who think that RIM has a huge potential to be very profitable company down the road. Perhaps you should propose a take over and run the company as you see fit. The fact is, non of us outsider know what is actually going on with RIM. There lies the complication of many issues RIM is facing beside the delaying of BBX release. Even out of the goodness of your heart you wanted to help, you ought to know the ins and outs of the company to have any benefits to the company. Should RIM contact you for your help, rest assure they will not divulge all the information to you as to what their issues are. Your help most likely will not make a difference other than a free service RIM might be able to profit down the road should the company survive. I suggest you redirect your kindness to other organization that will greatly benefit from you.
    bastospn likes this.
    07-01-12 02:58 PM
    Sadly it's true!
    They work for the money, not because they like what they do.
    I feel sad for all those people loosing their jobs, while some analysts and top manager keep their profits. Still I hope they do well.
    07-01-12 03:20 PM
    Want to help ? Are the bests in your domain and remain faithful ?
    Start here: RIM Careers - Jobs at Research In Motion Careers
    07-02-12 02:06 AM
    A technology company that can not compete helps no one and only drags down its users and innovation. The only "help" a consumer should give is to buy a competitive product and insist on the best.
    07-02-12 06:39 AM
    A technology company that can not compete helps no one and only drags down its users and innovation. The only "help" a consumer should give is to buy a competitive product and insist on the best.
    Get out of this body Horace Mc Coy ...
    07-02-12 12:13 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD