Hopefully someone from RIM will read this.

Since yesterdays reports, i've been feeling sick. I lashed out with a couple of negetive comments, mostly to get my emotions of my chest.

I think anyone would be kidding themselves if they didn't think RIM already knows how bad it is. They don't really need us spouting off about how bad they are doing.

My wife (bless her soul) who is much wiser than I, asked me a REALLY good question.

"Well what can you do to help?"

I couldnt answer that question... but I believe it's one that should be answered. In time of need, everyone needs a helping hand sometime.

So I present this, and myself to you RIM.

What can I do to help?

I've preached to anyone who will listen on the virtues of RIM and Blackberry. It mostly falls on deaf ears lately.

I'm somewhat of a "backyard" developer. I'm currently working on a playbook app that I hope will rock once it's done.

Please feel free to reply here, or private message me if you rather. I'm willing to help out in any way that I can.

Thanks for being a good friend, and I hope you can lean on my shoulders and possibly others as well.

Syn
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-29-12 12:07 PM
    I am willing to help in any way that I can too. Just finished my first app, now onto my second for BB10.

RIM, if you ever need an Asian dude with a passion for BB, I'm your guy.
    syn-ack and maddie1128 like this.
    06-29-12 12:26 PM
    RIM needs to help themselves unless you're going to work for nothing and get bb10 finished on time whatever on time is now since they keep changing it.
    06-29-12 12:30 PM
    I recently got my 17 year old son a BB phone, he loves it. Being 17 he will be tough on his phone so I wanted one that would fit his needs and survive lol.

He loves BBM and we communicate even more than we did before which is a wonderful thing.

That is how I am helping BB.
    syn-ack and maddie1128 like this.
    06-29-12 12:35 PM
    I personaaly don't think management needs any more help, they are going to get 3.2 million RIM shares on July 10th, REALLY CHEAP!!!!

Funny, sometimes, that's all they need to make things better at a company. Hmmmmmn.
    06-29-12 12:39 PM
    RIM needs to help themselves unless you're going to work for nothing and get bb10 finished on time whatever on time is now since they keep changing it.
    If working for free is what it takes, then YES I will.

I have already helped out a little by contributing bugs to gameplay3d. I'm also in the beta program and try to regularily contribute to that.

I'm thinking they need a little more help. If I can make a differance, I will. I for one do not want to see RIM fail.

In the end, if they are not succesful, I can at least say i tried. If they are sucessful, then would it not benefit us all?

I know i'm swimming against the current here. And I know lots of people won't believe me. We could spin it and say i'm selfish somewhat, if it helps... I love my BB products and want to continue loving them. I dont look forward to having to decide which other platform to choose from.

Syn
    06-29-12 12:49 PM
    Well, I have bought numerous devices (Palybook included). I have bought stock in RIM (which today is essentially worthless..........lost a lot of $$$). I have defended RIM ( become a mockery to friends)
    Now I have to listen to my wife telling me " I Told you so" (Stocks........lost $$)

I've been raped enough...........
    syn-ack likes this.
    06-29-12 12:50 PM
    Well, I have bought numerous devices (Palybook included). I have bought stock in RIM (which today is essentially worthless..........lost a lot of $$$). I have defended RIM ( become a mockery to friends)
    Now I have to listen to my wife telling me " I Told you so" (Stocks........lost $$)

I've been raped enough...........
    Thank you for supporting the company and devices I like most.
    I feel your pain in defending RIM!

Having said that, I think this is the right thing to do for me at this time. I know lots of you have been championing RIM for some time and are tired of it. I appreciate that.
    Maybe you might have something to teach those of us getting into it.

Thanks
    Syn
    06-29-12 12:59 PM
    Isn't RIM a for profit corporation with people receiving salaries (and the management getting a lot)? Aren't they in the business of making money and have no other noble cause in mind?

I am just wondering how many people will find it normal when they hear "We have to support Walmart?"

My point is that RIM is not Red Cross or Save a Child type organization. Why would anyone want to support it? You can buy their products if you believe what they make is worth your money (and they have to work their rear ends off to deserve your love). But helping and supporting
    06-29-12 01:08 PM
    Isn't RIM a for profit corporation with people receiving salaries (and the management getting a lot)? Aren't they in the business of making money and have no other noble cause in mind?

I am just wondering how many people will find it normal when they hear "We have to support Walmart?"

My point is that RIM is not Red Cross or Save a Child type organization. Why would anyone want to support it? You can buy their products if you believe what they make is worth your money. But helping and supporting
    An extremely good point and is something I am struggling with as well.
    What sways me over is "Does the end justify the means". For me it does, hopefully for others as well.
    I'm not talking about dedicating 40 hrs a week for the next 3 months. I have a job and a family to support. but I do have some free time I can dedicate to this "cause"
    If there are enough people who can help a few hours here and there, it can make a big differance.

Maybe i'm just dreaming... but I'd rather not need to settle with another device from another manufacturer lol.

I guess i'm taking the "RIMpire strikes back" to another level. I want to fight with RIM so that I can keep my beloved blackberry.
    Look at Crackberry Kevin, no matter what comes out of RIM he is eternally optimistic. That helps. The day Kevin gives up is the day RIM dies lol. (yes that was sarchastic, but you get my point)

Syn *desperately trying to stay positive* Ack
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-29-12 01:22 PM
    ^^^ I understand that some people want to continue using Blackberries, but it's RIM's job to make them appealing to customers, not yours. That's just how market works. They have to compete.

Helping and supporting a for-profit company is unproductive or can even be counterproductive.
    06-29-12 01:27 PM

My point is that RIM is not Red Cross or Save a Child type organization. Why would anyone want to support it? You can buy their products if you believe what they make is worth your money (and they have to work their rear ends off to deserve your love). But helping and supporting

Look at you. Trying to bring sense to this thread.
    06-29-12 01:28 PM
    ^^^ I understand that some people want to continue using Blackberries, but it's RIM's job to make them appealing to customers, not yours. That's just how market works. They have to compete.

Helping and supporting a for-profit company is unproductive or can even be counterproductive.
    You are absolutely right, it is their job to do so. But as you can see, they are kinda failing at it! I consider their failure a detriment to me, as I not only enjoy their devices (love my playbook btw) but they are in my opinion the most productive devices for what I need them for. And potentially a money maker for me (if my app gets done)

So my options are:
    a) sit here, do nothing, cross my fingers hoping they get it together and succeed.
    b) Do something. What? I don't know. Any suggestions would be awesome.

If it was *just* a matter of waiting for the new device to come along, heck, I'd just wait. But... they are in financial trouble as well. Which means the devices, apps and productivity i'm used to, could go away... Thats not cool with me.

Syn
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-29-12 01:39 PM
    OK we have now entered into the land of the absurd.

RIM has a Board of Directors, management and staff. If they can't help themselves
    then they deserve to fail.

We the consumers have been helping RIM in the only way that matters: we bought
    their products and pay our bill. That is where our "help" ends.
    06-29-12 01:40 PM

RIM has a Board of Directors, management and staff. If they can't help themselves

Not to mention some really high priced bankers in the building from JPM and RBC
    aniym likes this.
    06-29-12 01:47 PM

Whew! Another member trying to bring sense to this thread.

I understand that this is the home of the BB fan club, but some of this stuff is over the edge and down the mountain.
    06-29-12 01:55 PM

I have much respect for you and your opinion!
    however I want to do more than just complain about RIM.
    No worries, I know i'm a little crazy (well maybe more than a little) but can you blame a guy for wanting to help out?
    I could have just sent a private message to one of the devs or someone in management, but crackberry affords a much larger audience. There has got to be more than the two of us "crazies" willing to help out.

Maybe the timing is too soon, but it's disheartening somewhat to see so many people who are willing to put down those who do want to help out. I now worry that people who would have otherwise helped are now going to pass in fear of being publically ridiculed.

No I don't think this is absurd. You gotta admit, they NEED help lol.

I have thick skin, as you can see, so i'm not too worried about it. but c'mon people... really?

Syn
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-29-12 02:02 PM
    RIM needs money at this point to get BB10 on the road right? I guess the obvious way would be to invest in RIM. Buy lots of RIM shares and get the trading going on those.
    syn-ack likes this.
    06-29-12 02:03 PM
    RIM needs money at this point to get BB10 on the road right? I guess the obvious way would be to invest in RIM. Buy lots of RIM shares and get the trading going on those.
    Well, the shares are a low enough price, for sure...

But that actually doesn't do much of anything for the company itself. The company doesn't get your money, it goes to whoever you're buying the shares from. What RIM needs right now is either:

-Fresh investment from an equity partner--someone who'd be prepared to take 30-40% of the company and have its own technology and talent to contribute to the recovery

-(much) stronger sales.
    syn-ack likes this.
    06-29-12 02:08 PM
    An extremely good point and is something I am struggling with as well.
    What sways me over is "Does the end justify the means". For me it does, hopefully for others as well.
    I'm not talking about dedicating 40 hrs a week for the next 3 months. I have a job and a family to support. but I do have some free time I can dedicate to this "cause"
    If there are enough people who can help a few hours here and there, it can make a big differance.

Maybe i'm just dreaming... but I'd rather not need to settle with another device from another manufacturer lol.

I guess i'm taking the "RIMpire strikes back" to another level. I want to fight with RIM so that I can keep my beloved blackberry.
    Look at Crackberry Kevin, no matter what comes out of RIM he is eternally optimistic. That helps. The day Kevin gives up is the day RIM dies lol. (yes that was sarchastic, but you get my point)

Syn *desperately trying to stay positive* Ack

Surely you are not serious.
    06-29-12 02:10 PM
    If y'all really want to help and have time, come feed the homeless with me in a soup kitchen on Sundays.

I hate to be a hater but I'm with the others that don't understand wanting to help RIM. They're a company that was capable of making themselves into a billion dollar for-profit corporation. This is no different than wanting to help Starbucks.
    06-29-12 02:18 PM
    Good idea, but...
    I'm no stock expert, far from it, so please correct me if i'm wrong. But I don't believe RIM gets any money from me buying stock. The current stock owner would. I think I would have to buy a LOT of stock at a greater price to affect their Market Capitalization and overall stock price. But even then it probably wouldn't affect the value a whole lot.

But I like that you contributed something positive

Thanks
    Syn
    PS No, I don't currently own any stock in anything. Nothing i'm aware of anyway... I might indirectly with my RRSP, but I dont direct anything there.
    06-29-12 02:18 PM
    op you really want to help rim. Heres a thought stop buying their stuff. Have them realize that by loosing core customers because of their constant bull and right out lies they might start giving some actual effort. its because of chumps like us that flock to their products no matter how far behind the competition is what keeps them complacent. i for one am done supporting them they lied to me one to many times.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 02:26 PM

Maybe i'm just dreaming...
    RIM isn't a soup kitchen or a homeless shelter. The idea of consumers volunteering a "few hours here and there" to help a for-profit corporation sounds absurd.

You'd probably be only useful to them volunteering to stand in for secretaries or other administrative staff who have been laid off.

If you want to support a consumer company, buy its goods (not stock).
    06-29-12 02:27 PM
    If y'all really want to help and have time, come feed the homeless with me in a soup kitchen on Sundays.

I hate to be a hater but I'm with the others that don't understand wanting to help RIM. They're a company that was capable of making themselves into a billion dollar for-profit corporation. This is no different than wanting to help Starbucks.
    Actually I have a few times. I probably should do more. I also give to local youth groups.

Don't feel like a hater, I commend you on your selflessness. You have chosen your causes, I have chosen mine.

If I loved starbucks coffee (which I don't) and they were in financial trouble (which they are definately not) I probably would want to help them too.
    06-29-12 02:27 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD